ADVERTISEMENT

NCS Divsion 1 Seeing Predictions?

@observer22 i agree with you. If Logan does move up to 4 then Berkeley for sure doesn’t go lower than 5. I think the committee favors league champs and teams who are playing well late in the season. A 30 point loss this late in the season will most likely hurt Berkeley. One thing to lose. But to get blown out like that will hurt them
@MoneyTeam0115 now we have a little mess at the top. Yes Logan may get the 4th seed and like you stated Berkeley is good for the 5th seed. Both these teams are on the same path now in the mini tourney of 4,5,12 & 13. These 2 teams would face each other in the second round if both teams win round 1. It’s a matter of the Home gym Union City or Berkeley with the 4th seed getting home gym assignment. Last year Logan’s second round game was assigned to Chabot college due to conflict correct? In reality comes the question again did Logan under achieve by losing home games to Heritage, Sacred Heart Prep, Clayton Valley Charter, Newark and Moreau? Could Logan be 25-1 right now? Losing to Salesian is legit. But a 4th seed should win home games early and late in the season. It looks like Berkeley vs Logan.

@Straight8 Looking at their schedule CVC was an away game. But i agree there is some home games they should have won. They have obviously gotten better over the course of the season. But either way if Berkeley and Logan wins first round games it should be a great game in the quarterfinals between those 2. But will we see 2 first round byes? As it looks like there won’t be a 15 or 16 seed team to qualify. Logan only has one loss on the road all season. They might want to get that 5 seed and go play Berkeley on the road. Do you think Dublin and Amador is a game worth missing the dunk contest live??

@MoneyTeam0115 Thank you and I stand corrected the CVC game was on the road. 24-2 would have been a nice record to have. Dublin vs Amador the night before the draw? Also Saint Pat-Saint Vincent vs Salesian tonight? These post league tournaments are not my favorite.

Going back to the BOD blowout, had BOD loss that game the league Championship would had been a tie with Co-Champs. BOD did what great teams do, understand what was on the line and they left no doubt about the outcome. It was Title time, and they put their foot on the opponent’s throat. That’s when you ask your opponent to tap out. Good Team Great Performance. Welcome to Championship Season.
Lastly, I don’t feel like looking at the bottom half I am going to stay with my prior seeding. Surely or hopefully the committee can find 16 teams. I don’t believe the 4th seed will get a Bye.

Reactions: MoneyTeam0115
Dublin most to AV??????? What does this do? CVC will for sure get #1 seed. But does AV get seeded ahead of MV, DV, CP and De La Salle

Cvc will not be a 1 over heritage.

If that is true, and the committee puts a premium on being league champs, the shakeup could be as drastic as Dublin falling all the way to 5. We know they like head to head.

Should be interesting. The bracket could then be something like this. Not sure anyone else qualifies. There are a lot of ways this could go.

1) Heritage (1st BVAL, beat Logan)
2) CVC (2nd DAL, beat Berkeley & Logan)
3) Logan (T1st MVAL)
4) Berkeley (2nd WAC beat Dublin)
5) Dublin (2nd EBAL, beat Heritage)
6) CP (3rd DAL, beat AV)
7) AV (1st EBAL)
8) DLS (3rd EBAL)
9) MV (4th EBAL)
10) DV (5th EBAL, beat Liberty & Pitt)
11) Pitt (2nd BVAL)
12) Liberty (3rd BVAL)
13) Granada (6th EBAL)

Last edited:
I LIKE O-22’s LIST->

My final guess before the draw [final 3 days blew everything apart]:
<I tried to avoid team playing league opponents in the early rounds >

1st ROUND
——————
**Berkeley should play Granada
**Dublin should play San Leandro
**Logan can play Liberty or Dougherty Valley
**Amabor can play Dougherty Valley or Liberty

1. Heritage [BVAL auto bid]

2. Clayton Valley Charter

3. Berkeley

4. Dublin

5. James Logan [?? Did they get MVAL auto bid?]

6. Amador Valley [EBAL auto bid]

7. De La Salle

8. College Park

9. Monte Vista

10. Pittsburg

11. Dougherty Valley

12 Liberty

13. San Leandro

14. Granada

15. Bye

16. Bye

From my understanding. League champs is league champs. Auto bid just guarantees you a 1st round home game. Like last year i believe Foothill(7) had to go play at CVC(10) since they were league champs.

From my understanding. League champs is league champs. Auto bid just guarantees you a 1st round home game. Like last year i believe Foothill(7) had to go play at CVC(10) since they were league champs.

That's not what I understand. I think the auto bid and 1st round home game go hand in hand, but each league has to determine the 1 team that gets it. For the EBAL, they just give it to the playoff winner (AV). I'm not sure what tiebreaker the MVAL has when the teams split their 2 games. Sometimes it is whoever wins the 2nd time around, sometimes point spread against each other, sometimes even a coin flip...?

Looks like Moreau received the MVAL league Championship Bid with #3 seed in Division 2. Logan must have an at-Large bid with #7 seed.

I am also going to guess since Logan and Moreau ties 2 years in a row last year Logan received the Auto bid, this Moreau received the Auto bid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT