ADVERTISEMENT

State Scoreboard for Saturday

That’s one way to look at it.

Or, this is added pressure for answers from Rollinson, Father Jenkins, Principal Clare and the Archdiocese of Orange County.
I wouldn’t hold my breath on the archdiocese anywhere getting involved here. This is the Catholic Church after all.

Final score North 10-South 5, not a single visiting team won in this year’s bowl games, North leads South 67-56 all-time in State Bowl Games

Reactions: concrete17
That’s one way to look at it.

Or, this is added pressure for answers from Rollinson, Father Jenkins, Principal Clare and the Archdiocese of Orange County.
Doesn’t matter. 100k ain’t sitting in a stadium at Michigan and the coach is making 8mil a year. There is a place and time for everything. It even takes away from Serra who pretty much had no chance. It’s classless.

It wouldn't happen here. I truly believe that. The Orange County Roman Catholic Diocese disgusts me.
I’m not Catholic but it’s no secret they are all about the cover up and the notion it wouldn’t happen here is a head scratcher. Look at the history.

I’m not Catholic but it’s no secret they are all about the cover up and the notion it wouldn’t happen here is a head scratcher. Look at the history.
As usual, your comments are absurd. I won't respond to your garbage further.
Doesn’t matter. 100k ain’t sitting in a stadium at Michigan and the coach is making 8mil a year. There is a place and time for everything. It even takes away from Serra who pretty much had no chance. It’s classless.
What is classless?

As usual, your comments are absurd. I won't respond to your garbage further.

What is classless?
Speaking of the current so called investigation Mater Dei is going thru at halftime. That’s classless for the guy to speak about it on live TV especially when nothing has been proven or nobody has been charged as of the moment.

And to think that Duncanville was absolutely destroyed by Mater Dei in the beginning of the year.
There isn't many teams in the nation that Mater Dei wouldn't destroy, sorry to burst any bubbles here if we're trying to compare Texas with CA, but Westlake in the Austin area is by far the top Texas team. I think Mater Dei would still win on a game against them, but it would be damn close imo. Westlake destroyed my Katy Tigers yesterday. Katy in most polls was ranked 2nd in the state which shows the disparity with some teams in Texas, just like Mater Dei compared to other CA teams

There isn't many teams in the nation that Mater Dei wouldn't destroy, sorry to burst any bubbles here if we're trying to compare Texas with CA, but Westlake in the Austin area is by far the top Texas team. I think Mater Dei would still win on a game against them, but it would be damn close imo. Westlake destroyed my Katy Tigers yesterday. Katy in most polls was ranked 2nd in the state which shows the disparity with some teams in Texas, just like Mater Dei compared to other CA teams
dville plays for a state title next week. 3rd time in 4 years. which 6a is higher? north shore vs dville or the westlake game?

Mack needs to schedule up. They weren’t even challenged in the playoffs. And yes they pull kids into Mack from other areas. Your a fool if you think not.
Mack did schedule up, Pitt was on the schedule didn't happen because of a positive covid test, a lot of people were really looking forward to that game. Can't blame them for being D3 which is where they should have been last SBG. They were put up 4 divisions which was never done been done before in the CIFSBG when they moved from D4 to D2. They will definitely be moved up next year probably 3AA somewhere in D2. But what we can do right now is enjoy these moments and celebrate our NorCal team victories. Let's pray for Coach Peters family, who's mom in hospice and she told him " You cannot coach me, go coach the game."

Question nascar624: What is the difference between Texas 6A D1 and 6A D2? I've known for some time that there were two top divisions in Texas but it is not until this year that I wondered if there was some generalized way one division is seen as higher than the other.

Question nascar624: What is the difference between Texas 6A D1 and 6A D2? I've known for some time that there were two top divisions in Texas but it is not until this year that I wondered if there was some generalized way one division is seen as higher than the other.
Four teams from each district advance to the playoffs. Then the 2 teams with the highest enrollment go to division 1 and the lower enrollment two go division 2. So there is 6A-I (higher enrollment) and 6A-II. They do this for each class.

Four teams from each district advance to the playoffs. Then the 2 teams with the highest enrollment go to division 1 and the lower enrollment two go division 2. So there is 6A-I (higher enrollment) and 6A-II. They do this for each class.
so the dville vs north shore is the highest division game?

so the dville vs north shore is the highest division game?
Highest division, yes, due to enrollment, but Westlake is considered the favorite for overall state champ. Although Imo a North shore vs Westlake match up would be more appealing. I dont believe Guyer will give Westlake a decent match at all. Even Ducanville and Westlake is more appealing but it is what it is based on the divisions.

Highest division, yes, due to enrollment, but Westlake is considered the favorite for overall state champ. Although Imo a North shore vs Westlake match up would be more appealing. I dont believe Guyer will give Westlake a decent match at all. Even Ducanville and Westlake is more appealing but it is what it is based on the divisions.
What about the dville and NS match up? What do you think?

According to both CP and Massey, this is this is the #1 (duncanville) and #4 (North Shore) matchup.

Westlake is ranked #2 by both CP and Massey. Westlake is paired up with Guyer which is CP ranked #5 and Massey #6.

What about the dville and NS match up? What do you think?

According to both CP and Massey, this is this is the #1 (duncanville) and #4 (North Shore) matchup.

Westlake is ranked #2 by both CP and Massey. Westlake is paired up with Guyer which is CP ranked #5 and Massey #6.
I'm actually excited for the dville vs NS Match up. I'm not as excited for Westlake vs Guyer. I expect Westlake to roll right through Guyer, but Dville and NS I think is intriguing.

As for rankings, we all been a part of the HS football thing long enough to know that rankings are so subjective and some don't even make sense. MaxPreps has Westlake as #2 in Texas behind Ducanville, but they also have them as #2 Nationally behind Mater Dei and Ducanville #8. So Nationally Westlake is better but state wise their not lol. Anyways im definitely excited to see outcomes of both games

Reactions: FBAddict
I'm actually excited for the dville vs NS Match up. I'm not as excited for Westlake vs Guyer. I expect Westlake to roll right through Guyer, but Dville and NS I think is intriguing.

As for rankings, we all been a part of the HS football thing long enough to know that rankings are so subjective and some don't even make sense. MaxPreps has Westlake as #2 in Texas behind Ducanville, but they also have them as #2 Nationally behind Mater Dei and Ducanville #8. So Nationally Westlake is better but state wise their not lol. Anyways im definitely excited to see outcomes of both games

Yes I don’t expect WL game to be close. Duncanville / NS should be a much better game.

Reactions: MC415
I know it's only the 1st quarter but Guyer actually has a 1 pt lead on Westlake. 7 to 6 in 1st.

North Shore won 6A D1 title 17 to 10

Still 1st quarter and Guyer retakes the lead 14 to 13. So far its been a pretty sloppy game by Westlake. Could get very interesting if they don't clean it up

Still 1st quarter and Guyer retakes the lead 14 to 13. So far its been a pretty sloppy game by Westlake. Could get very interesting if they don't clean it up
Hot first quarter - higher scoring than I expected.

Halftime. Guyer still leads 14 to 13. Can't wait to see if Westlake makes some changes and and cleans up their sloppy play

Hats off to Guyer defense, but Westlake is definitely making some uncharacteristic mistakes that had nothing to do with Guyer defense and Guyer def capitalized and took the lead

Westlake might have woken up. Start of 3rd quarter and Westlake punches it in typical Westlake fashion. 20 to 14

Would westlake even finish top 4 in the Trinity ?
That is a huge stretch to think Westlake would barely be top 4. Have you ever watched them play. What do you even know about Westlake. Mater Dei would probably have their way with them but we all know Mater Dei is leaps and bounds ahead of any school in CA so let's not get crazy in crapping on Texas schools.

40 to 21 FINAL. Westlake 6A D2 champs. It was all Westlake in 2nd half. Denton Guyer got an early 3 qrt touchdown and got into Westlake territory on next possession and then that was it. Westlake D suffocated Guyer Offense the rest of the game and Westlake put up 2 quick touchdowns before just running down the clock down. 2nd half was definitely the Westlake I was used to seeing

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT