ADVERTISEMENT

Bishop O'Dowd vs. Modesto Christian

LoganHomer

Sports Fanatic
Mar 11, 2017
This game is going to be absolutely insane, theres no clear favorite and both are fun teams to watch. BOD has the home court advantage though, but this is the second round matchup I'm most looking forward to seeing.

What are your predictions?

What a game last night. Laney was rocking. Great atmosphere for HS hoops. A few of my takeaways.

Everybody knows about Hardy but its the unsung hero's that sometimes win games. My game ball goes to Ross Williams who is the smallest player on the court. This kid was unbelievable on D and he made 2 huge 3's and ignited a very raucous Oakland crowd. Very impressed with his tenacity.

ODOWD is the better "team" but I'm not so sure they are more talented overall than MC. MC just never seemed in sync and for god sake they had a 6"8 240lb kid sitting on the block that they either couldn't get the ball too or settled for 23 foot jumpers. Murphy was open all night with a 6"2 kid guarding him. He wasn't fronting him either. When they got him the ball he either made a layup or missed it and a teammate got an offensive rebound. Can somebody from MC explain why they weren't feeding him? The body language on him was frustrated as well. Actually MC overall seemed to be a collection of talented kids but coach didn't seem to have a good grip on them on the floor. A lot of finger pointing and blaming the refs. ODOWD on other hand was a well oiled machine. Really a quality group of kids.

A few comments about some of the players.

Hawkins for Odowd around the end of 1st period. Had a big dunk on a breakaway but didn't do much else. Looks out of shape to be honest but you can't teach 6"9.

Gaskin- this kid plays about as hard as anybody i've seen. He's about 6"3 but plays 6'7. Not sure how he will translate at UTAH because he's more of a 3 and doesn't shoot it that well but defensively and rebounding he's very high.

Hardy- Smooth... Lefty. Seems effortless for him. Great body language and feel.

Ballard - MC - Very solid player. 6"3 off guard who I think will translate extremely well at next level. Can shoot it out to 23, and get to the rim.

Williams MC- Jumping Jack. 6"4 but plays much bigger. High D2 type kid.

MC has a trio of Juniors who are all college type kids. The 6"9 kid is a possible D1 player because he faces up well and can shoot it. MC will be back next year.

Overall I thought MC/ODOWD were both better than Folsom/Sheldon. MC shot it really bad and only lost by 3. To be honest if they had a game plan i think they win. Congrats to ODOWD. Solid team effort.

I think ODOWD and Sheldon is a war but ODOWD prevails in a close one.

62-60.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT