ADVERTISEMENT

CAIFORNIA----NEVER SAY DIE

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
The Grizzlies are in one of the toughest leagues in the area and the EBAL is a league you can't turn your back on or slow down to take a breath. California in the last three years, has scheduled DLS and has faced them in the playoff's and none turned out well except in 2011 when DLS managed a 24-3 win....
But in 2015 DLS 56 Cal 0
playoff DLS 47 Cal 0
In 2014 DLS 42 Cal 0
playoff DLS 45 Cal 17
In 2013 DLS 55 Cal 0
playoff DLS 49 Cal 17
Despite the turn of events against DLS, they will again face them on 10-21 on the home field as they are always willing to take on the Spartans, the 2016 season has a 9-1 JV team moving up, but the one loss was to DLS 36-14....If there are no transfers, the Grizzlies should be real strong for the 2016 season.
In 2015, Cal went 4-2 in league play and 7-5 for the season, the two league losses were to Amador 17-14 and foothill 24-7 and a real hair raising battle with Monte vista that went to double over time for a 50-49 win. In 2014, Cal shared first place with Foothill, as both teams went 5-1 and Cal went 9-4 for the season...Cal fell to Foothill 21-14, but Amador surprised Foothill and dumped them 25-23, it just shows that no body is save no matter how good them are.
The Grizzlies history shows Cal going 6-0 and 11-3 in 2013 and sharing first place with San Ramon at 5-1 each with Cal's one loss was to Monte Vista 44-26 and then Cal beat San Ramon 41-38 in a shootout.
The 2016 season see's the addition of Dougherty Valley and Dublin added to the EBAL and instead of splitting the league into two groups, it was decided to make one big league.....the draw back, only two preseason games, which doesn't give each team real time to prepare for league play.
Now Cal left the Pittsburg Jamboree and the EBAL has created their own tune up scrimmage, the only draw back to a league scrimmage, is you will know in advance what to face instead of facing different styles of Football.
Now Monte vista, Amador, Granada and San Ramon Valley will be real challenges for the 2016 season, let alone meeting DLS..

8-20......EBAL scrimmage
8-26.....James Logan Home 7 P.M.
9-02......Dublin Away 7 P.M.
9-09......Livermore Home 7 P.M.
9-16......Amador Valley Home 7 P.M.
9-23......Monte Vista Home 7 P.M.
9-30.......Bye
10-07.....Granada Away 7 P.M.
10-21.....DLS Home 7 P.M.
10-28.....Foothill Away 7 P.M.
11-04.....San Ramon Valley Away 7 P.M.

Reactions: Bubba3000
The Grizzlies are in one of the toughest leagues in the area and the EBAL is a league you can't turn your back on or slow down to take a breath. California in the last three years, has scheduled DLS and has faced them in the playoff's and none turned out well except in 2011 when DLS managed a 24-3 win....
But in 2015 DLS 56 Cal 0
playoff DLS 47 Cal 0
In 2014 DLS 42 Cal 0
playoff DLS 45 Cal 17
In 2013 DLS 55 Cal 0
playoff DLS 49 Cal 17
Despite the turn of events against DLS, they will again face them on 10-21 on the home field as they are always willing to take on the Spartans, the 2016 season has a 9-1 JV team moving up, but the one loss was to DLS 36-14....If there are no transfers, the Grizzlies should be real strong for the 2016 season.
In 2015, Cal went 4-2 in league play and 7-5 for the season, the two league losses were to Amador 17-14 and foothill 24-7 and a real hair raising battle with Monte vista that went to double over time for a 50-49 win. In 2014, Cal shared first place with Foothill, as both teams went 5-1 and Cal went 9-4 for the season...Cal fell to Foothill 21-14, but Amador surprised Foothill and dumped them 25-23, it just shows that no body is save no matter how good them are.
The Grizzlies history shows Cal going 6-0 and 11-3 in 2013 and sharing first place with San Ramon at 5-1 each with Cal's one loss was to Monte Vista 44-26 and then Cal beat San Ramon 41-38 in a shootout.
The 2016 season see's the addition of Dougherty Valley and Dublin added to the EBAL and instead of splitting the league into two groups, it was decided to make one big league.....the draw back, only two preseason games, which doesn't give each team real time to prepare for league play.
Now Cal left the Pittsburg Jamboree and the EBAL has created their own tune up scrimmage, the only draw back to a league scrimmage, is you will know in advance what to face instead of facing different styles of Football.
Now Monte vista, Amador, Granada and San Ramon Valley will be real challenges for the 2016 season, let alone meeting DLS..

8-20......EBAL scrimmage
8-26.....James Logan Home 7 P.M.
9-02......Dublin Away 7 P.M.
9-09......Livermore Home 7 P.M.
9-16......Amador Valley Home 7 P.M.
9-23......Monte Vista Home 7 P.M.
9-30.......Bye
10-07.....Granada Away 7 P.M.
10-21.....DLS Home 7 P.M.
10-28.....Foothill Away 7 P.M.
11-04.....San Ramon Valley Away 7 P.M.

Nice post Dog. Since my son is graduated and moved on to play in college I'm pretty out of touch with the Cal High program. However, besides DLS it appears to me that clearly the team to beat in EBAL is Monte Vista. They have at least four division one prospects at key positions like QB, TE, OT and DL. Other than MV I do suspect the rest of the league will be pretty evenly matched.

Nice post Dog. Since my son is graduated and moved on to play in college I'm pretty out of touch with the Cal High program. However, besides DLS it appears to me that clearly the team to beat in EBAL is Monte Vista. They have at least four division one prospects at key positions like QB, TE, OT and DL. Other than MV I do suspect the rest of the league will be pretty evenly matched.
BUBBA3000,.....Are you going to any of the Cal Games, if so, give us your thoughts as you can see things that not every body does...

Cal High caught lightning in a bottle when their previous principal hired Sanchez. It galvanized the community, and his kids gave dLS their toughest in-state games by a public by far.
An EBAL banner is welcomed but when Sparta was in EBAL (08-11), nothing less than a good showing (or fantastic based on the 08, 10 and 11 showings) was satisfactory. The drubbings listed by Bluedog above are more recent indications Cal can compete on the local League level, but not at the elite status anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bubba3000
Cal High caught lightning in a bottle when their previous principal hired Sanchez. It galvanized the community, and his kids gave dLS their toughest in-state games by a public by far.
An EBAL banner is welcomed but when Sparta was in EBAL (08-11), nothing less than a good showing (or fantastic based on the 08, 10 and 11 showings) was satisfactory. The drubbings listed by Bluedog above are more recent indications Cal can compete on the local League level, but not at the elite status anymore.

I think Billeci is a pretty good coach. However, I also think the fact that only forty or so kids choose to play for him while seventy or so lined up to play for Sanchez speaks volumes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT