ADVERTISEMENT

Capuchino beats Serra

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
The Mustangs from the PAL-Bay Division defeat the Padres from the WCAL, 12-8, in San Bruno today. Capuchino rallied from an 8-2 deficit to spring the non-league upset over one of California's top prep outfits.

Last edited:
Reactions: CityVibesII
Still, the Mustangs have had a relatively disappointing campaign in 2018. They have a losing overall record and are in some danger of being left out of the CCS playoffs. So their win over a state-ranked outfit like Serra has to be a bit of a shocker, particularly when you consider that Serra led, 8-2, at one point in the contest. But, as they say, "That's baseball."

Still, the Mustangs have had a relatively disappointing campaign in 2018. They have a losing overall record and are in some danger of being left out of the CCS playoffs. So their win over a state-ranked outfit like Serra has to be a bit of a shocker, particularly when you consider that Serra led, 8-2, at one point in the contest. But, as they say, "That's baseball."
I cant imagine with up to 3 games this week that Serra threw anybody of significance. Imagine a lot of kids on bench looking for playing time in games like this. Cant imagine it will hurt them in long run. Rain-outs returning to roost. I heard SHC playing four games this week (three league), even throwing in a early rain out, just in an attempt to squeak into CCS field.

Last edited:
Serra has Capuchino, St. Francis, SI and Los Gatos this week. So pitching will be at a premium.

Here we go again...

VC beat Riordan in 8 innings 4-3
Serra over St. Francis 4-3
Bellarmine 2 SHC 1
Mitty beat SI 4-0.

No real upsets, but still.

Last edited:
Cap pitched their Ace Junior Cruise Thompson(who will play D1 baseball and I coached in football) who's an amazing athlete. Serra pitched their SS. Serra ace threw 107 pitches today to beat St. Francis. Make sense? Must prioritize games in WCAL. Good win for Cap!

Cap pitched their Ace Junior Cruise Thompson(who will play D1 baseball and I coached in football) who's an amazing athlete. Serra pitched their SS. Serra ace threw 107 pitches today to beat St. Francis. Make sense? Must prioritize games in WCAL. Good win for Cap!
Little premature to say D1, but yes a solid ball players and athlete. May benefit from JC route but will play somewhere. Also a nice young man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT