ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching 101 - maximizing the HS experience.

awood1

Sports Fanatic
Oct 9, 2001
In a time of specialization and with a lot of talk about multi-sport athletes, the advantages and disadvantages, benefits and drawbacks, ideals and realities, I thought this was worth sharing.

This is part of a program that the coaches were early mentors of mine. In addition to the X's & O's, these coaches a great men, husbands, sons and fathers and it shows in the players that come through their program. This off season challenge starts immediately after the football season and continues through the next fall. Teams of 8 are "drafted" by the players themselves and are highly competitive. No surprise that the 3 sport, smart kids and hard workers are among the top picks and highly sought.
49946927_2405205502840499_895959598471577600_n.jpg

Interested in others thoughts. Anyone seen similar? Could it work where you're at?

Nice! My D1 kid’s recruiter said two things-
A. We like multi-sporters ( diff muscle groups etc.)
B. We really like FB players (“except kickers”)...they’re not wusses.

Only thing I’d add is negative points for a “D.” This is HS, not quite Organic Chem.

At some schools you’d have to ante up the reward...Nike and UA give some teams full sets of workout gear free. But I don’t see kids turning down that steak dinner! In fact, I’m betting with Slicer tradition it’s no bottom cut...New Yorker!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT