ADVERTISEMENT

De La Salle football player arrested!

jimmyzr1

Hall of Famer
Nov 8, 2010
A De la Salle high school football player has been arrested and charged with sexual assault on a girl from another school. This just came out on the news.

A De la Salle high school football player has been arrested and charged with sexual assault on a girl from another school. This just came out on the news.

Tragic for both involved bound to affect them both for years to come

This is very unfortunate and dissappointing situation.. definitely doesn't represent the school culture whatsoever. It's also a tough one for the football program. Not sure if people are aware but the kid got kicked off the freshman team after the first 5 weeks because of his grades, but now all of the headlines are portraying him as part of the program..

This is very unfortunate and dissappointing situation.. definitely doesn't represent the school culture whatsoever. It's also a tough one for the football program. Not sure if people are aware but the kid got kicked off the freshman team after the first 5 weeks because of his grades, but now all of the headlines are portraying him as part of the program..
For starters let's hope this 14-15 year old did not do what he was accused of. If he did hopefully the consequence fits the crime. Prayers to the girl/guy that was sexually assaulted.

Flipped through the TV for the 5-6:00 news. Channels 2,3,4 & 7 all opened up with and referred to the 15 year old male suspect as a "De La Salle football player" and showed Carondelet & De La Salle campus shots which included snippet of the DLS- CVC playoff game.
Only Channel 5 named him only as a "De La Salle student" with no mention of or video of football.

This is reminiscent of the recent Brock Turner rape case at Stanford. Turner, a 19 year old freshman from Ohio was a scholarship member of the Stanford swim team. Throughout the entire trial the news outlets referred to him as the "Stanford swimmer", not the 19 year old, not the Freshman, not the Ohioan, not the Stanford student.
......and most ironically following his slap on the wrist, early release he is still being referred to as the "ex-Stanford swimmer"........not the convicted rapist or registered sex offender.

Seconding JCBUST in his post above:
"For starters let's hope this 14-15 year old did not do what he was accused of. If he did hopefully the consequence fits the crime. Prayers to the girl/guy that was sexually assaulted."

If kid was kicked off team for grades he wasn't a player, he was only a student. Not sure why it's being reported he was a player.

Exactly. Sounds like its too good of a story for the media to pass up, considering the near perfect reputation that the football program has. In addition, the alleged incident occurred right after the conclusion of the clayton valley game so football is associated with everything here. I hear that many alumni and the coaching staff are furious that this kid is even being portrayed as one of them.

Nonetheless, a terrible situation for everyone involved on both campuses

Last edited:
If kid was kicked off team for grades he wasn't a player, he was only a student. Not sure why it's being reported he was a player.
If they have De La Salle in the headline, it gets more hits/clicks. Same goes for all these police shootings. They get more hits/clicks if the headline says "white police officer" instead of "police officer." It is truly sad.

Not to detract from another heinous crime of sexual assault, but just another opportunity for the media to stereotype football players. The media is represented by lazy and ignorant reporters -- oops is that a stereotype?

Reactions: remc and concrete17
Not to detract from another heinous crime of sexual assault, but just another opportunity for the media to stereotype football players. The media is represented by lazy and ignorant reporters -- oops is that a stereotype?

The reporters for the front page of the East Bay Times and its various syndications appear to have built their article around the headline......very lazy reporting.
......but hey who am I to criticize for stupidity, I just pumped 6 quarters into a street rack to buy/ read their article. Anybody got a bridge for sale?

It was the 10:00 lead story on KTVU last night. Not surprising as a Fox affiliate. Interestingly, the QBs mom lead anchor had her sub in for her last night.

BANG headline included "Football player."
DLS, like most HSs is less than squeaky clean; e.g. the current MV Cal racist graffiti issue.

Was he a football player or not? So, was this kid kicked completely out of the program, or does DLS have some way to deal with/rehabilitate freshman who don't make grades their first semester in HS? I'm sure he's not coming back now, but he may have come to DLS to play football and intended on playing next season when and if his grades improved? I have seen plenty of kids not make grades once and then work to get back into a sport. It sounds like he must have played over the summer and the first 5 weeks or so of this season (or half) according to what I have read in posts above. I don't know the kid, but doubt that a school like DLS simply washes away kids who don't make grades once. Some kids go to private schools primarily to play a sport, while many others are there primarily for the Catholic school education and also play sports. Not sure where this kid falls. Horrible for something like this to happen anywhere, no matter who is involved.

Last edited:
Was he a football player or not? So, was this kid kicked completely out of the program, or does DLS have some way to deal with/rehabilitate freshman who don't make grades their first semester in HS? I'm sure he's not coming back now, but he may have come to DLS to play football and intended on playing next season when and if his grades improved? I have seen plenty of kids not make grades once and then work to get back into a sport. It sounds like he must have played over the summer and the first 5 weeks or so of this season (or half) according to what I have read in posts above. I don't know the kid, but doubt that a school like DLS simply washes away kids who don't make grades once. Horrible for something like this to happen anywhere, no matter who is involved.

With the info shared above it sounds like he was booted off the freshman team for grades. All athletes have the opportunities to get their grades up and rejoin the team the following year or in some instances the same season as DLS hands out progress report/half semester report cards at least when I was there. The most notable instance of this I can remember at DLS was All-American WR Cameron Colvin being suspended for the first 5 games of the 03 season due to academic issues and got his grades up to rejoin the team.

In regards to what is going on now for him as a student, I doubt DLS has booted him from school, but is likely suspended until the investigation is over. This is a horrible incident, but all are still innocent until proven guilty. Wouldn't surprise me if parents have decided to withdraw him though given his academic struggles and now this.

seems a little odd that this is the big headline in the paper today. not to downplay the allegation, but, i can't imagine a student from any other school would generate the level of coverage that this story is getting

seems a little odd that this is the big headline in the paper today. not to downplay the allegation, but, i can't imagine a student from any other school would generate the level of coverage that this story is getting
GUYS.....If this was any other high school, it would be just another story, but in this case, DLS takes the rap, just because they are DLS and the kid went to DLS....real dumb...

For starters let's hope this 14-15 year old did not do what he was accused of. If he did hopefully the consequence fits the crime. Prayers to the girl/guy that was sexually assaulted.
Problem is that the way it was presented in the media you would immediately think it was a current varsity player,when the media knew that wasn't the case.Prayers and sympathy for the victim in this,but the misrepresentation by the media is disgusting.

If they have De La Salle in the headline, it gets more hits/clicks. Same goes for all these police shootings. They get more hits/clicks if the headline says "white police officer" instead of "police officer." It is truly sad.

I usually don't chime in on political or crime inspired posts yet think FolsomBulldog accurately sums up the situation. I read the articles on both SF Chron & Merc News this morning and a lot of news about very little in way of facts. Read the posts and some people refering to "the victim" and others discussing the 15-year old kid "perpetrator" in regards to how this crime will follow him. Granted any assocaition with holy "De La Salle" instantly adds to the allure of a holy institution and a salacious sex crime, which may or may not have happened once all is sorted out. Too much notoriety about something where very few facts are known & both individuals are under age. Back to football please.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
I wish Jimmyz had been more careful with the headline on this pot. The alleged perpetrator IS NOT on the DLS football team at any level. A radio report on a local Bay Area station verified that. Stupid posters indeed on this site.

I wish Jimmyz had been more careful with the headline on this pot. The alleged perpetrator IS NOT on the DLS football team at any level. A radio report on a local Bay Area station verified that. Stupid posters indeed on this site.

If he had posted Former DLS Football Player Arrested, would that make you feel better?
It wouldn't change the headlines of the paper or the lead TV news story. Don't blame the messenger.

Here's a couple of links.

Let me guess... the dad was a sex offender so that makes his version disposable. Whah whah whah!

Or how about the messages at the bottom of the Times article. Bottom line is DLS fans have been turning a blind eye to negativite stories, innuendos, personal accounts and experiences for decades now. It's ok DLS fan. Your program and school is human like everyone else's. This is not a surprise to the people who have known of multiple accusations throughout the years that have occured against the entire school and athletic department. All the while people on these threads and multiple other ones have ridiculed and verbally persecuted people who have spoke against the "Brotherhood". The tragedy is it took a completely terrible thing to happen to get the press involved.

There is no excuse for any commentary to sugar coat this and make DLS an innocent bystander in this. The girl's father even accuses the school of smoke screening this and making it a point to disassociate the kid from the Varsity team. Get off of your high horses people and look at this for what it is. This is an alarm sounding against the most prestigious high school football program in this country. Pay attention! Don't be Penn State! Don't be Notre Dame! Don't be the Catholic Church! Put your myopic point of views to the side and look at the big picture for once! A teen age girl was raped and her parents are screaming fowl against the accuser and the school!!!!

And last, are you DLS supporters going to call this guy a liar for saying his son was living with a coach, sponsored by a donor or on full scholarship? You sure have called some of us liars who have said the same things. Just because we don't name names of who has received these privileges doesn't mean it doesn't or hasn't happened.

Maybe it's time you get your heads out of your asses!

DLS is and always has been wolves in sheeps clothing! Stop making excuses!

Don't even get me started....

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2016/12...cial&utm_source=Facebook#link_time=1480623431

http://abc7news.com/news/exclusive-victims-dad-speaks-out-in-alleged-de-la-salle-assault/1633471/

Reactions: granddaddylaylow622
If the part about his tuition being paid for by boosters is true...then DLS should be punished for it. No if's, and's, or but's. NCS has to take a look at that now.

However, regarding the comments about the school disassociating the player from the varsity team, and the newspaper writing about the team...it is likely that question was asked by reporters rather than the information being volunteered.

Reactions: _Molon_Labe_
New Here's a couple of links.

Let me guess... the dad was a sex offender so that makes his version disposable. Whah whah whah!

Or how about the messages at the bottom of the Times article. Bottom line is DLS fans have been turning a blind eye to negativite stories, innuendos, personal accounts and experiences for decades now. It's ok DLS fan. Your program and school is human like everyone else's. This is not a surprise to the people who have known of multiple accusations throughout the years that have occured against the entire school and athletic department. All the while people on these threads and multiple other ones have ridiculed and verbally persecuted people who have spoke against the "Brotherhood". The tragedy is it took a completely terrible thing to happen to get the press involved.

There is no excuse for any commentary to sugar coat this and make DLS an innocent bystander in this. The girl's father even accuses the school of smoke screening this and making it a point to disassociate the kid from the Varsity team. Get off of your high horses people and look at this for what it is. This is an alarm sounding against the most prestigious high school football program in this country. Pay attention! Don't be Penn State! Don't be Notre Dame! Don't be the Catholic Church! Put your myopic point of views to the side and look at the big picture for once! A teen age girl was raped and her parents are screaming fowl against the accuser and the school!!!!

And last, are you DLS supporters going to call this guy a liar for saying his son was living with a coach, sponsored by a donor or on full scholarship? You sure have called some of us liars who have said the same things. Just because we don't name names of who has received these privileges doesn't mean it doesn't or hasn't happened.

Maybe it's time you get your heads out of your asses!

DLS is and always has been wolves in sheeps clothing! Stop making excuses!

Don't even get me started....

I'm having a hard time blaming the institution for the actions of the kid here. I'm not even surprised of the living with boosters and full ride talk. As for making it a point to disassociate kid from varsity program? Stands to reason since kid wasn't on varsity which seems clear since attack happened during varsity game. It's also been rumored kid wasn't even in football program as he had been kicked off team due to grades. So again that doesn't point to a institution being complacent in the actions of it athletes. I do think NCS needs to look into the claim of living with coaches and boosters that's not a good look at all. Not knowing all the facts in the claim and how our lazy media works who knows. As for "wolf in sheeps clothing" I mean really? You really think the institution prey's on young kids and especially the girls across the street? That's a stretch are they perfect? No. But to use this episode as some sort of tool to drag down a program is sad. This had no bearing on the previous 25 years. Absolutely nothing to do with coaching kids up. Zero to do with winning, and frankly nothing to do with the varsity football team.

The allegations are severe. The accused fathers' statements in today's BANG edition are sickening. "He's tall, dark and handsome, he plays for De La Salle. When young, fast girls see something they like, they go after it."
Who says something like that when a 15 year old daughter has been raped? Well, for one, a convicted sex offender. "He's hurt right now. He feels like he lost everything." Upchuck.

Bad news for the school. This is not the case where a fluffy lollipop reporter embedded with the team gives game reports and goes on the plane to OOS games. Nor is it the local prep video outfit with access extolling the numerous virtues of the program with players and coaches gushing.

Once the investigative journalist (a good one at that) got the sex offender father to admit tuition and housing was provided by boosters (not the "church") the cat lept out of the bag. And before the brotherhood comes back in attack mode, keep in mind anyone who has/had a underage daughter (yes I do) in her formative years NOT have such a situation, we are extremely thankful. It's the #1 fear of every parent other than getting the late night CHP call.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paloma
I actually want Freedom
I'm having a hard time blaming the institution for the actions of the kid here. I'm not even surprised of the living with boosters and full ride talk. As for making it a point to disassociate kid from varsity program? Stands to reason since kid wasn't on varsity which seems clear since attack happened during varsity game. It's also been rumored kid wasn't even in football program as he had been kicked off team due to grades. So again that doesn't point to a institution being complacent in the actions of it athletes. I do think NCS needs to look into the claim of living with coaches and boosters that's not a good look at all. Not knowing all the facts in the claim and how our lazy media works who knows. As for "wolf in sheeps clothing" I mean really? You really think the institution prey's on young kids and especially the girls across the street? That's a stretch are they perfect? No. But to use this episode as some sort of tool to drag down a program is sad. This had no bearing on the previous 25 years. Absolutely nothing to do with coaching kids up. Zero to do with winning, and frankly nothing to do with the varsity football team.
Depends on how one chooses to look at it actually. It's debatable that this has no bearing on the previous 25 years. A culture has been established there and when you have a culture of blind self perspective than you are going to have more bad incidents come to light. My question is why is it every time accusations are made against them there's always a defense made for how kids are coached and how they have their all. I know plenty of former players that hated their experience at DLS. But of course you probably think I'm lying and so are the people I know.

Did you read comments under the article? Or are they being over the top as well? May be not only an investigation should be made against why this kid's family is saying he was being paid to play there, but a reporter should actually do some reporting on how long this has been happening. Guarantee it will date back to the late 80's.

By referencing a wolf in sheeps clothing, I'm not referring to the school preying on kids, I'm referring to a so called Brotherhood and hiding infractions for competitive advantages under the cloak of religion makes them a wolf in sheeps clothing. Great coaches, and great manipulators.

That's all I'll say on the matter. Supporters are just going to defend them and and opposers will argue against. Truth of the matter is it happened, is happening and has been happening.

Did you read comments under the article? Or are they being over the top as well? May be not only an investigation should be made against why this kid's family is saying he was being paid to play there, but a reporter should actually do some reporting on how long this has been happening. Guarantee it will date back to the late 80's.
Depends on how one chooses to look at it actually. It's debatable that this has no bearing on the previous 25 years. A culture has been established there and when you have a culture of blind self perspective than you are going to have more bad incidents come to light. My question is why is it every time accusations are made against them there's always a defense made for how kids are coached and how they have their all. I know plenty of former players that hated their experience at DLS. But of course you probably think I'm lying and so are the people I know.

It is how you choose to look at it true. You in your thirst to discredit the program/school over look the fact the kid had been kicked off team because of grades or attitude etc. in other words look past the part where they are holding kid/kids accountable and jump right to something ugly. As for plenty of former players hating program? That true anywhere and with anything in life, isn't it?
I did not read comments I didn't see them but I will. But before I do. I'm sure there will be some that are complete BS and some that hold merit. As for kid being paid to play? Again perspective I didn't read that. I read he was on "full scholarship" big difference in my opinion. Being paid to play make him a professional. Being on scholarship does not. And yes a reporter actually doing their job would be refreshing not only here but period.
As for being a blind supporter I'm not. I have been very clear on these boards about that. I have stated numerous times I hope they lose this year, and have picked Freedom earlier this week to do just that. You also refer to "it" happened has been happening etc.......are you referencing sexual assault here and implying they have been covering these actions for awhile here? Because that's the topic. And that's a stretch if your going there. In terms of gathering football talent? Of course that happens, have to be a idiot not to see that. But look up the road there is a team that does the same thing without being close to the same success. Look at the cowboys, redskins, raiders, etc, who for years overpaid talent and had almost no success. Talent is a very small piece of the puzzle. Your trying to minimize their success and ingnore your own programs failures by saying they have all the talent and that's just not the case in sports.

Guess the sex offender father isn't a liar. Hey DLS fans, does he still have to wear the scarlet letter on his chest?

Who said he was a liar here? I think both parents are stating the facts as they view them or are being told. In your zest to bring down a program you clearly loathe you seem to be overlooking a basic fact. Two kids here are hurting and it's not because of either institution or football or boosters. It's because of poor choices.

It is how you choose to look at it true. You in your thirst to discredit the program/school over look the fact the kid had been kicked off team because of grades or attitude etc. in other words look past the part where they are holding kid/kids accountable and jump right to something ugly. As for plenty of former players hating program? That true anywhere and with anything in life, isn't it?
I did not read comments I didn't see them but I will. But before I do. I'm sure there will be some that are complete BS and some that hold merit. As for kid being paid to play? Again perspective I didn't read that. I read he was on "full scholarship" big difference in my opinion. Being paid to play make him a professional. Being on scholarship does not. And yes a reporter actually doing their job would be refreshing not only here but period.
As for being a blind supporter I'm not. I have been very clear on these boards about that. I have stated numerous times I hope they lose this year, and have picked Freedom earlier this week to do just that. You also refer to "it" happened has been happening etc.......are you referencing sexual assault here and implying they have been covering these actions for awhile here? Because that's the topic. And that's a stretch if your going there. In terms of gathering football talent? Of course that happens, have to be a idiot not to see that. But look up the road there is a team that does the same thing without being close to the same success. Look at the cowboys, redskins, raiders, etc, who for years overpaid talent and had almost no success. Talent is a very small piece of the puzzle. Your trying to minimize their success and ingnore your own programs failures by saying they have all the talent and that's just not the case in sports.
Saying that you predicted Freedom to win is irrelevant. It is hilarious how any time someone says anything negative about the true culture of the SCHOOL that the denders use weak tactics to manipulate words and phrases.

Like I said, it happened and has been happening. They are as dirty as they come. That's what I'm saying. The entire athletic department and the schools image was built on deceit and exploiting the talents of athletes. Of all sports! You are telling me that nearly every sport is as good as they are for the past 30 years because they are so smart, so determined and teach student athletes at a level better than every other school in Northern California? That they did everything the right way and got all of those star athletes to come and flourish with out being funded to do so, or with out any major altercations, violations, or negative accusations? Come on! This isn't Fantasy Island. Or maybe this is, and now Mr. Roark and Tattoo are signaling that the vacation is over.

The kid is obviously part of their program and school. He was being punished for grades and conduct. He wasn't expelled and attended a football game at school he doesn't attend any more. He was a student at De La Salle at the time of the alleged incident.

He was on scholarship. Living with coaches. And receiving booster money. This wasn't a kid they were throwing away.

He would've been on varsity next year.

Last edited:
Like I said, it happened and has been happening. They are as dirty as they come. That's what I'm saying. The entire athletic department and the schools image was built on deceit and exploiting the talents of athletes. Of all sports! You are telling me that nearly every sport is as good as they are for the past 30 years because they are so smart, so determined and teach student athletes at a level better than every other school in Northern California? That they did everything the right way and got all of those star athletes to come and flourish with out being funded to do so, or with out any major altercations, violations, or negative accusations? Come on! This isn't Fantasy Island. Or maybe this is, and now Mr. Roark and Tattoo are signaling that the vacation is over.

Like I said what is the "it" you keep referring to? Because topic here is sexual assault. And I highly doubt the institution has been condoning this for 30 years. Now have they been collecting talent for that long? Absolutely like the saying goes "if you build it they will come." But as pointed out collecting talent doesn't guarantee squat. Look up the road or over the hill some pretty talented teams that come nowhere near the success. You might want to also go back and reread article because fathers quotes about living with boosters and full ride aren't in quotations. Meaning they aren't quotes, so again who knows what to make of statement. Is it reporters interpretation or is it a fact. As I noted this needs to be looked into in my opinion. But again your trying to discredit their success and program I can only assume to validate your own programs failures etc......and that's just not going to happen. Simple fact is that program out works everybody else. In a nut shell that's it.

PJ, one of the most ardent supporters/defenders on NCP of his sons' alma mater (and its FB program) recognizes the "sad salutation all around. Here is to swift justice." I'd add swift "and complete."

When it was mentioned "the passion evolved into an obsession," I knew then trouble lay ahead.
Let Matthias Gafni, the very astute investigative reporter, do his job. His body of work compared to some on NCP is like comparing....check that. There is no comparison.

Reactions: Paloma
So let's just say this what if this turns into another Brian Banks story? Does this mean you posters will in turn look at the program differently? No, and why? Because your clinging to anything you can grasp to discredit the program anyway you can. It doesn't matter if there is merit or not. It's all about see I told you so.....nobody gets that good through hard work they cheat! It's a pathetic position to have and a reason why your programs or teams ultimately fail or come up short. It's also to a lesser extent a indictment on where we have gone as a society. It easier to blame ones failures on others perceived advantages be it physical, financial, mental, etc, than it is to accept they just out worked or hustled you. Life isn't about everyone gets a trophy, it just isn't.

IP, what's with the apologist stance?!
The underage male has admitted to the deed! And his father confirmed it!
Seriously, let go.

Reactions: granddaddylaylow622
IP, what's with the apologist stance?!
The underage male has admitted to the deed! And his father confirmed it!
Seriously, let go.

First off both father and kid admitted to a consensual situation not sexual assault. Second folks on here use this instance to validate their opinion or proof institution is dirty. Well if in fact the facts come in and there was no assault, and the institution did nothing improper. Will these folks in turn have a different opinion in regards to the program? You and I both know the answer is no. Because in order to validate their own short comings either on the field or in life, there has to be a unfair advantage. Simple as that. Even when there is plenty of proof in both life and sport the adavantage they claim doesn't guarantee anything.

If the part about his tuition being paid for by boosters is true...then DLS should be punished for it. No if's, and's, or but's. NCS has to take a look at that now.

However, regarding the comments about the school disassociating the player from the varsity team, and the newspaper writing about the team...it is likely that question was asked by reporters rather than the information being volunteered.

Father seems to contradict himself:
-The boy received a full-ride scholarship to De La Salle, his father said, but doubts he’ll remain at the school now.
-His father said his son lived for periods of time with a De La Salle football coach and boosters who helped pay his tuition.

If kid has full-ride scholarship, why would boosters be needed to help pay tuition? Doesnt make sense. I do agree that the statements should be investigated by NCS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT