ADVERTISEMENT

De La Salle football player arrested!

Man,
You guys know that when I comes to these types of allegations you are guilty until proven innocent. The media only knows the school as the great football program, so when they can say it was football player it gets people's attention. My understanding is that the kid never played in a freshman game. And by the way as of today all charges were dropped.
I do not see media reporting that?

Tough to unring that bell, if indeed all charges have been dropped as you say. I have not seen that confirmed yet though.

Yeah would like to see if in fact charges have been dropped. And if in fact they have see my earlier posts.

Man,
You guys know that when I comes to these types of allegations you are guilty until proven innocent. The media only knows the school as the great football program, so when they can say it was football player it gets people's attention. My understanding is that the kid never played in a freshman game. And by the way as of today all charges were dropped.
He played but was dismissed halfway through for bad grades.

Gades has nice integrity for a loyal green grad. Honed during his Vandal experience. Good job getting the dialogue going on spartanhood. As expected, the wagons started circling; after two days. Sad.
Only one post sympathetic to the Clet student. One guy going so far as to question her parenting.

Still a ton to sift through. Not uncommon when dealing with a juvenile case they will want further investigation before they file a petition (i.e. simair to a criminal complaint for adults). So don't read to much that he has been released. Can't tell either way based on that.

I'll wait to hear more of the facts before I pass judgement either way.

According to the dad.

The boy received a full-ride scholarship to De La Salle, his father said, but doubts he’ll remain at the school now.

“He’s hurt right now, he feels like he lost everything,” the dad said. “My son’s been through a rough life; he didn’t have me, his father. I was in prison.”

His father said his son lived for periods of time with a De La Salle football coach and boosters who helped pay his tuition.

According to the dad.

The boy received a full-ride scholarship to De La Salle, his father said, but doubts he’ll remain at the school now.

“He’s hurt right now, he feels like he lost everything,” the dad said. “My son’s been through a rough life; he didn’t have me, his father. I was in prison.”

His father said his son lived for periods of time with a De La Salle football coach and boosters who helped pay his tuition.

It's no wonder there's a steady flow of football talent leveraging the alumni fund......

So wait. He had a "Full-Ride Scholarship;" AND, "Boosters that helped pay for his tuition?"

Doesn't a "Full-Ride Scholarship" mean there was no tuition to pay?

Weird thing about article is some of his statements are in quotations but the scholarship and living with boosters statements are not. So who knows what to think. Did in fact father say it? Is reporter embellishing his article? Who really knows here.

Firstly, the victim said on KPIX, "no means no." What else do you need? Gloria Allred showing up at the SBG with Brian Williams?

"His father said his son lived for periods of time with a De La Salle football coach and boosters who helped pay his tuition."

That is the exact phrase in print. And since it's not in quotes it's questionable? It's damning. Do you think one of the most prominent local investigative reporters, under the banner of The SJ Mercury, is going to lie to sell newsprint? Going to embellish to pad his resume? Which, btw, dwarfs this case. Understand, with crystal clarity, his Editors fully culled it prior to print as lawyering up was in effect within days, PRIOR to the article, on three sides. My father left me with this, among others; "There are a lot of crooks who love their mothers, and plenty of statesmen who don't."

Speaking of culling, the brethren should be outraged; OUTRAGED. There is a time and place for humor.

One thing
Firstly, the victim said on KPIX, "no means no." What else do you need? Gloria Allred showing up at the SBG with Brian Williams?

"His father said his son lived for periods of time with a De La Salle football coach and boosters who helped pay his tuition."

Speaking of culling, the brethren should be outraged; OUTRAGED. There is a time and place for humor.

I don't think the humor is coming from DLS guys

I've read in this thread DLS guys saying, regardless of the truth of the allegations, it's a dark day on Winston drive and, further, the father appears to be a piece of work

That said, this is an incident between two early teens that happens at many schools, including Cal Hi

However, when this happens at Cal-hi, it doesn't gain the press coverage, and if it does, the boy is referred to as a student, not a football player. Assuming all of the allegations are true, I still don't see this being an indictment on the institution or the football team. He was a member of the freshman football team for about 6 weeks before being dismissed for grades and you want to hang Baugh/ Lad out to dry for running a rogue program. Nothing could be further from the truth.

I don't know this kid from Adam, but if he's on a "full-ride", that means he's a Bishop Cummings Scholar. I've met about 20 of those kids -- less than half were athletes and only one was a football player and he was an outstanding young man with no mother, a disabled father, raising two younger siblings. Athletic talent has zero to do with these scholarships. I can see the scholarship committee influenced by the story of an incarcerated father and it's possible that a "bad egg" got thru the process. If he was a stud football player, he would have been in the JV team, especially since so many Sophs are on varsity this year

While I concur this isn't a joking matter, nor is it a matter for those envious of DLS's lack of geographic boundaries to indict those that, regardless, are not guilty parties

I'm not defending the boy at all and I had kids at DLS and Carondelet. I don't have the facts of the case. I hope the truth comes out and appropriate steps (whatever they may be) are taken. The fathers statements are extremely disturbing, but they are a father's statements defending a son.

This is a potential criminal case involving children that were in middle school 6 months ago. My advice is to not only cease the jokes, but to stop the folly of expanding this into an indictment of an institution that you've had issues with on this board for years. Let's see if charges are brought -- if they are, then more details that none of us have will emerge.

Last edited:
@1315 ~ Ok so your position is reporter clearly vetted the statement and it is in fact accurate. So why isn't it in quotations? Better yet why are reporters having headlines of DLS football player arrested if not trying to sell news? Why isn't DLS student? Or suspended player? Because thats not as appealing as player, and we all know he wasn't a player at the time of incident.

I'm not going to gratify any perverse idea of how anyone's personal folly is tainting the salacious events being reported by an award winning investigative journalist.

Saying "the folly of expanding this into an indictment of an institution that you've had issues with on this board for years" is despicable. The tune would be a little less lofty if it were his daughter the subject when she was at Winton.

BTW, there was a sickening situation at my kid's school involving a coach, minor and their church. It was on the front page. Get over it.

Reactions: observer22
New I'm not going to gratify any perverse idea of how anyone's personal folly is tainting the salacious events being reported by an award winning investigative journalist.

Saying "the folly of expanding this into an indictment of an institution that you've had issues with on this board for years" is despicable. The tune would be a little less lofty if it were his daughter the subject when she was at Winton.

BTW, there was a sickening situation at my kid's school involving a coach, minor and their church. It was on the front page. Get over it.

WTF are you talking about? I have zero affiliation with DLS, not as a parent or alum. Second in light of the current state of our media to question them isn't out of the realm. For that matter the "award winning" reporter is the one who didn't use quotations not me. Get over it. So to question it is in fact valid. Now in term of "award winning" what does that have to do with anything? DAN Rather was decorated in his field and what a biased hack he was.

WTF are you talking about? I have zero affiliation with DLS, not as a parent or alum. Second in light of the current state of our media to question them isn't out of the realm. For that matter the "award winning" reporter is the one who didn't use quotations not me. Get over it. So to question it is in fact valid. Now in term of "award winning" what does that have to do with anything? DAN Rather was decorated in his field and what a biased hack he was.

That response is referenced to #55 above. Put it on simmer. Gaffni is an investigative journalist. Not some two bit keyboard hack.

That response is referenced to #55 above. Put it on simmer. Gaffni is an investigative journalist. Not some two bit keyboard hack.

I don't care who Gaffni is. Journalist today don't report the news they report what they think sells. And simple fact "Gaffni" didn't use quotations on these statements leaves it open for question. Regardless of his resume.

How ironic is it that the First Amendment critique allows for the very same (voluminous) drivel that occurs on NCP hourly?

The story is not about me, my kids school or however others spin it. It's serious stuff. The implications of which are bigger than the lighter-than -air-fluff propagated here.

"Our" media is probably a misnomer.

Last edited:
When the Cal High wrestling coach was arrested a couple of years ago, as 1315 stated it was a front page and lead TV news story similar to this unfortunate incident. I don't remember anyone being worried about how that might affect the image of Cal wrestlers or the alumni, or whether people might get the idea he might be a teacher. Everyone was horrified at the allegations and hoped that justice would prevail.

Man,

First of all I do not enjoy seeing these types of threads as no one on here really knows what happened. An accusation is made and the accused is put in a position to disprove the accuser. Forget the parents as they'll believe what they want to believe. sports09 however did get my attention as he/she summed up the issue briefly as it really is - BTW I did read no charges will be filed due to insufficient evidence.

What this made me think of was a story my father told me as dad is in a SF HS sports hall of fame for football. I was in HS on sports teams & dad told me to be careful and not place myself in circumstances where it would be one person's word against mine - dad was a police officer then. The reason was his best friend in HS Football who was well known had a sexual assault allegation that appeared on the front page of all the SF newspapers at that time. Over a month later when the story was recanted by the accuser the news papers printed a small one paragraph story on the back pages indicating the football player had been vindicated. Dad was always a bit bitter about that as he said the fabricated story ruined his friends reputation in the community.
Now I'm not saying one way or another on this situation .All I'm saying is I have no opinion unless I was present at the time and #2 have every & all facts in the case& not simply reading a newspaper article. Otherwise no one really knows. What a mess for both families.

A few notes on jurisprudence. The accused does not have to disprove guilt. The prosecution has that burden- criminal "beyond reasonable doubt" and civil- a "preponderance of the evidence." Think OJ civil and criminal case distinction.

Where did you read "no charges will be filed due to insufficient evidence?"

A few notes on jurisprudence. The accused does not have to disprove guilt. The prosecution has that burden- criminal "beyond reasonable doubt" and civil- a "preponderance of the evidence." Think OJ civil and criminal case distinction

That's funny. Yes while it's written that way more often than not guilt is assumed before innocence is proven. And in high media profile cases if innocence is proven it's usually to late for accused reputation.

The tough part is this is he said/she said. I'm not sure this will ever see a court room. The lack of witnesses makes this difficult. They say there is some video of the incident but if it was definitive they would've filed charges or outright dismissed it.

It's been clearly stated that this was still an ongoing investigation, but that the accused was released because you are only allowed to hold a minor for 48 hours without charges.

I do not like the flack that the school received for stating he was not a member of the varsity football team...that was more than likely a question asked to Allioti by the reporter.

I don't know that anyone who read the articles even thought he might be a varsity player. The alleged incident took place during the varsity game, so obviously he wasn't playing. And he is a freshman, so most likely wouldn't have been a varsity player anyway, although some frosh do.

Whether or not he was seen as a football player at the school is more what the DLS boosters were worried about. From what I have read on here (I have no personal knowledge other than speaking to my DLS afilliated friends who said he had been known as a good kid), he at least started the season and was kicked off the team due to grades after 5 games, or half the season. By the time this alleged incident took place, the freshman football season was over anyway, so it really makes no difference whether he had played the full season or half of it. Not that it matters whether he was a football player anyway. Any allegations like this are serious and should not be taken, lightly. Yes, he is innocent until proven guilty, but that only applies to a criminal conviction, not a person's reputation or public opinion. Like I said before, it is hard to unring a bell like that one. For the accused or the victim.

Deducing it's a "he said/she said" case without the facts is premature. We will never read juvenile litigants' transcripts. No synopsis of the video. No publication of the dLS statement, at least not from within. This will quiet down soon, the suits will rack up their hours, the insurance will finance those efforts, add the alums out of a sense of loyalty. Maybe he'll spend some time working out at Byron Boys Ranch. As far as sullied reputation, IP feels for the player. It's incredible if his Stanford child is a woman. Have you no sense of decorum?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/katiejmbak...read-to-her-ra?utm_term=.xikpoboPK#.dsxvOMOKd

Bank on it, there'll be a civil case. And yes, settled for more than typical, because I doubt counsel will ever want a snippet of Allioti's deposition, nor the facts surrounding underage promiscuity on a parochial campus, made public. And he will be deposed.

@1315 - For what it's worth my statement was not directed toward either individual in this case. It was more a indictment on the media and society today.

I don't think dls has a "booster" program. I'm kind of disappointed--NorCal preps removed a thread where people differed philosophically and politically...yet is permitting a thread where adults are talking about minors in a much more serious and inflammatory manner. I don't know if it's wise--or fair to either child.

Reactions: Indianpride45
I don't think dls has a "booster" program. I'm kind of disappointed--NorCal preps removed a thread where people differed philosophically and politically...yet is permitting a thread where adults are talking about minors in a much more serious and inflammatory manner. I don't know if it's wise--or fair to either child.
dLS has a very strong alumni base. The former Dublin mayor entertained some prospective families at the local Chinese joint this year.

Last edited:
dLS has a very strong alumni base. The former Dublin mayor entertained some prospective families at the local Chinese joint this year.
If that is true, so what?

You see, apparently, some kind of illicit entertainment, and I see a parent of former DLS students talking about DLS with parents who are considering sending their sons there and helping them make the decision of whether or not to send their sons to DLS. This is a good thing.

Reactions: DLSPop1314
1315 what are you the dinner police? lol it just as easily could have been a business dinner...who picked up the check...? And is he a good tipper? Lol incredible...people are so stupid. I wish I could find another word but there isn't one that accurately describes so many who speak out of ignorance on any given situation.

Worked in same town 30 years. The guy has made the news himself. I would not want any harm to come to his school. But I'm outta here. Got a good flick on. Almost to the part in A Few Good Men when Nathan Jessup takes the stand.

Last edited:
Reactions: jordan24
Worked in same town 30 years. The guy has made the news himself. I would not want any harm to come to his school. But I'm outta here. Got a good flick on. Almost to the part in A Few Good Men when Nathan Jessup takes the stand.
You mean the film where there is no evidence and they bluff their way to a conviction? That's why it's a movie ya moron!! Lol in real life you need facts not your resume ("I worked thirty years in the same town.") bfd no one cares about you lol

Calling me a moron only illustrates a certain contemptuousness for posters with a message. The subject at hand, I continually submit, has a serious level of gravitas. epup can shoot the messenger, its a free country.

Last edited:
Reactions: observer22
Calling me a moron only illustrates a certain contemptuousness for posters with a message. The subject at hand, I continually submit, has a serious level of gravitas. epup can shoot the messenger, its a free country.
That is not evidence--that is not fact--none of what you say offers any type of concrete proof of what you proclaim. First of all, you don't have a message, you have an agenda. Secondly, you're a moron because you gave permission to "shoot the messenger." Lol

What a dullard. "It's about law, liability, and safety." You DO remember those words....

How does the use physical exertion as punishment remotely apply to this situation? I think the dullard comment applies more to you...but you're used to that I'm sure.

I took a liking to purple at one point, but that's another story.

When obsession>passion, troubles follow. You know that being a coach. My agenda is integrity and The Truth. Same as yours, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT