ADVERTISEMENT

DLS-Folsom 8/17 Gridiron Rumble Ticket Sales and Field Preperations

DelValleTrojan

Superstar
Jan 13, 2017
Just wanted to forward this information to all the football fans on NorCal Preps.
Tickets for this game at DLS go on sale August 1st.
Game time start: 7:30pm.

Football Field Preparations:

Stopped by the school yesterday to check out football field renovations. The old artificial turf field has been removed. Construction equipment was preparing the under layer surface to receive new turf.

Also, the football season east side temporary end zone bleachers for the DLS Students and Band currently not installed. Given the projected turnout for this Spartan-Bulldog Rumble, would like to confirm but cannot at the present time the possible installation of temporary end zone bleachers on the west side of the stadium. Adding the west side bleachers would greatly enhance the seating capacity for this contest. If anyone can confirm the possible installation of the west side bleachers please feel free to comment.

37 days and counting !!

Thx for the info. I really wanna check this game out live instead of sitting in front of a computer screen or on the sofa streaming it on my Firestick tv, assuming the game will be streamed? I hate the off season wait, probably more so now than when I played ball. Just doesn't feel right to kick the season off that way. Especially with the two top teams in nor Cal for the past several years facing off. Please share any update you get on the installation of the bleachers. Curious to see if they beef up the bleachers on the visitors side or go back to the old one with add on's.

If I hear anything new, I will be sure to pass on the information.

Hopefully in the next couple of weeks someone on this board with contacts at DLS and Folsom will be able to keep all of us up to date with any breaking news about this matchup.

On a little side note, if the game is as big as the hype, I’m not sure where everyone is going to find a place to park their vehicles.
It’s a pretty good walk from the 2 closest shopping center parking lots to the stadium.

For the Folsom fans, maybe the best alternative for the parking issues might be to use Charter Buses to get to the game.

36 days and counting !!

Yes they are getting new turf as we speak. They will have a set of temporary stands in the west end zone. They also have a brand new state of the art score board. As for the parking. That is going to be a challenge. In your average big game it difficult to find parking. This is going to be beyond big for OO field. Your right there are two shopping centers down the street, but it is a bit of a walk. I guess you could park away and Uber in. I really don’t have a good answer other then move the venue witch isn’t going to happen.

Reactions: DelValleTrojan
There won't be enough seating. I remember when Palma played its first game against DLS years ago and they had the extra seating. It all filled and was standing room only on one of the hottest days of the year. I'm sure Folsom will bring lots of fans and the seating probably will be filled quickly, The visitor seats will probably be offered first by Folsom to their fans. At least that is what they did in the Palma game. The school had the stands on the visitor side. I would imagine if you don't get them early through the school when they go on sale, you will be standing.

Yes they are getting new turf as we speak. They will have a set of temporary stands in the west end zone. They also have a brand new state of the art score board. As for the parking. That is going to be a challenge. In your average big game it difficult to find parking. This is going to be beyond big for OO field. Your right there are two shopping centers down the street, but it is a bit of a walk. I guess you could park away and Uber in. I really don’t have a good answer other then move the venue witch isn’t going to happen.

14U2ALLNV,
Thanks for the update.

There won't be enough seating. I remember when Palma played its first game against DLS years ago and they had the extra seating. It all filled and was standing room only on one of the hottest days of the year. I'm sure Folsom will bring lots of fans and the seating probably will be filled quickly, The visitor seats will probably be offered first by Folsom to their fans. At least that is what they did in the Palma game. The school had the stands on the visitor side. I would imagine if you don't get them early through the school when they go on sale, you will be standing.

Can't believe they are going to play it at DLS. Talk about lost gate revenue.

I think the only way a change of venue could possibly happen is if DLS sold in excess of 10,000+ tickets for this matchup during the first week of ticket sales. Because of the overwhelming interest (Ticket Sales), DLS’s hand might be forced to look for an alternative site to play this game. I also think a possible change in venue depends on the how many Folsom Supporters, Sacramento, and NorCal fans in general step up and purchase tickets for this contest. I’ve never heard of a High School limiting football ticket sales because of a maximum capacity issue, but then again this game is not your ordinary Friday Night High School Football Game.

Reactions: coachlittle
I think the only way a change of venue could possibly happen is if DLS sold in excess of 10,000+ tickets for this matchup during the first week of ticket sales..

I can't imagine that DLS would sell a larger number of tickets than they can fit in their stadium. That would be incredibly irresponsible as they would have to turn away fans with tickets at the gate.

Selling tickets beyond their capacity is a terrible way to gauge demand. If they are going to change the venue due to anticipated attendance, they would need to do it early. Doing it late in response to large initial ticket sales is a great way to create chaos. DLS doesn't seem to do chaos.

I do know this. There will be no change of venue under any circumstance. There will be a curtain number of tickets available and when there gone there gone. DLS has dumped so much money in a new field, score board, and temporary stands. They aren’t moving this game anywhere. I would get my tickets early because they could sell out quickly. As far as parking goes. All the parking at the two schools goes first and fast. Then the neighborhoods start filling up. The parking shop on the corner of Treat and Oak Grove is the closer of the two at about 8-10 min walk. The parking shop at the corner of Treat and Bancroft I’m guessing around 15 min walk. You can also park on Normandy ln. or Argonne dr. They both have cut troughs in between houses right on to Treat by the crosswalk to the school. Parking is going to suck. Who ever had the bus idea is on to something. It’s actually a very good idea.

Will the tickets also be sold at Folsom high school on the first as well? Or online, so people in Sacramento or Folsom don't have to drive all of the way to DLS on August 1st, just to pick up tickets? If not, that is very disrespectful to the Folsom fans!

Will the tickets also be sold at Folsom high school on the first as well? Or online, so people in Sacramento or Folsom don't have to drive all of the way to DLS on August 1st, just to pick up tickets? If not, that is very disrespectful to the Folsom fans!

I’m certain that DLS will provide Folsom wilth X number of tickets to be made available through Folsom HS. Not sure what that number would be though. 500-1000 would be my guess since they’re putting in additional stands. Remember that this IS a home game for us. ;-)
You guys will get a home game next year. :)

I can only imagine the atmosphere on 8/17. How this game isn’t televised is beyond me. Seriously, this should be an ESPN game. There is a lot of interest in this game from far away. There’ll be about 15-17 D1 prospects playing.

By keeping this attraction at DLS, the school doesn't have to pay to rent another facility. And that cost can be significant.

I am sure it will be fine. But there is a topping point where renting might make sense. We shall see. I am sure all the kids might rather play at DLS.

I’m certain that DLS will provide Folsom wilth X number of tickets to be made available through Folsom HS. Not sure what that number would be though. 500-1000 would be my guess since they’re putting in additional stands. Remember that this IS a home game for us. ;-)
You guys will get a home game next year. :)

I can only imagine the atmosphere on 8/17. How this game isn’t televised is beyond me. Seriously, this should be an ESPN game. There is a lot of interest in this game from far away. There’ll be about 15-17 D1 prospects playing.
I’ll place a friendly wager that Folsom will want more that 500 to 1000 tickets. Given the interest in the Folsom community and the greater Sacramento area, I think DLS could be overwhelmed in ticket requests. If the game was televised on ESPN or on some other local NorCal TV Sports affiliate, then one would probably see fewer requests for tickets. It will be interesting to watch what happens during the first 3 days Aug 1st through Aug 3rd when the tickets go on sale Aug 1st.

I
I’ll place a friendly wager that Folsom will want more that 500 to 1000 tickets. Given the interest in the Folsom community and the greater Sacramento area, I think DLS could be overwhelmed in ticket requests. If the game was televised on ESPN or on some other local NorCal TV Sports affiliate, then one would probably see fewer requests for tickets. It will be interesting to watch what happens during the first 3 days Aug 1st through Aug 3rd when the tickets go on sale Aug 1st.

I’ll be at the bookstore at 9am on 8/1. That you can count on. It’ll be sold out within a week of less. Likely less. Yes, hopefully a least a local affiliate will pick this game up. 1000s of Folsomites are not going to get tickets.

I

I’ll be at the bookstore at 9am on 8/1. That you can count on. It’ll be sold out within a week of less. Likely less. Yes, hopefully a least a local affiliate will pick this game up. 1000s of Folsomites are not going to get tickets.

Count me in. I'll see you at bookstore bright and early on Wednesday 8/1.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
Someone from DLS or Folsom should contact Bay Area Online Sports (BAOSN.tv) to stream the game. Best broadcast in the area with HD quality, multiple camera positions and replay. The site also archives their broadcasts within 12 hours... And it’s FREE!

Last edited:
Here is the latest update information for purchasing DLS Football tickets for the 2018 season.

http://dlsspartans.org/2017-2018/football/news/ticket-information-2018-season

As a lot of others found out on 8/1, I stopped by the DLS Spartan store ticket office to purchase tickets for the Folsom game, but tickets were not available. As per the link above the single game tickets will supposedly be available online starting 8/9. With this change, I’m getting the impression that DLS is trying to limit the exposure to the Folsom game tickets as to not start a huge controversy about how they should have scheduled this game at a much larger site to accommodate a larger than expected turnout. Selling the tickets starting Aug 1 with the possibility of selling out the game within a few days would have placed DLS in a very awkward position trying to explain why they did not host the game at a larger facility. Selling the tickets starting 8/9 and then selling out the game that week given the game is played on 8/17 somewhat limits their exposure to criticism (Remember I said somewhat and not all criticism). I surely do not have any inside information on this issue, but this whole ticket sales process for the Folsom game is starting to have a bad smell. I think this could look ugly for DLS if they have to limit the tickets sales to the Folsom fans because of facility size limitations.

DLS football field:

I walked out onto the field and there is still plenty of work still going on to complete the turf replacement process. The east end 30 yard line was completely split wide open and a crew was either making some additional adjustments or they were running into some kind of issue with the field at that seam line. Crews were also working on the edges of the field to secure that area of the turf. Next to the Student Information Technology building there looked to be somewhere between 30 to 40 pallets holding these large synthetic bags probably weighing close to 500 pounds per bag. These bags probably contained the turf fill that will be spread onto the field after the crews complete the carpet installation.

Scoreboard:

The original scoreboard is still in place on the west end of the field. I did not see any large containers in the immediate area which could possibly be pieces of a new scoreboard.

Bleachers:

The football season temporary bleachers on the east end zone of the football field and supposedly the temporary bleachers to be installed for the Folsom game on the west end zone of the field are not installed as of Wednesday 8/1. The installation of these bleachers should not be a big deal. The installation company could probably have them built in 1 to 2 days.

Well, that’s the scoop as of 8/3.

Feedback and comments welcomed.

Reactions: Sacchiefs
A lot of them will fit — most of the residents of concord don’t know what a DLS is
Gonna be tough. There are a lot of "third party" individuals that are showing up to this game.

I am all for DLS having home field advantage since this is their agreed upon home game, but I do wish it was at a bigger venue. This is one of the biggest games in Norcal.....possibly ever, who knows. Just wish more people had to chance to see it live.

Last edited:
If the game were at a different venue, control over the net of ticket sales would be vacated. As such, expect a ticket at $15 versus the typical $10 which is set by NCS. Intersectional contests fares are set by the host, and that will be leveraged to the Concord Fire Marshal max.

Thx everyone for the info on the tx sales. Honestly fellas I got tired of waiting on the when, where, and how many tickets will be sold "guessing game". This is a big game and i wanna be there to kick the year off in style. So i decided to go on the dls website and buy the season pass for $40 plus a $2.75 convenience fee. The process was super easy and i was done in less than 5 minutes. After payment i checked my confirmation which was sent to my email. From there i created an account on the gofan app which allows you to display your season pass at the gate via your phone, so no waiting in lines. Again Super easy. I dont plan on attending all the dls home games but the folsom and bishop gorman games are worth the cost of the pass to me. Plus i wont have to waste time and gas driving to and from folsom to buy tickets or wait in a long line hoping they dont sell out. Anyways thought id share how easy it was. See ya at the game!!!

Gonna be tough. There are a lot of "third party" individuals that are showing up to this game.

I am all for DLS having home field advantage since this is their agreed upon home game, but I do wish it was at a bigger venue. This is one of the biggest games in Norcal.....possibly ever, who knows. Just wish more people had to chance to see it live.

I felt same way when DLS played Trinity — game was rumored to be in TC Stadium and wound up in about a 8k capacity HS stadium

Turned out great

Have been to several games at Sac St now (Inc both Folsom games), but best crowd ever was @ Monte Vista in 09 when 10k people tried to fit in a 5k stadium

News Flash !!

Here are the links to purchase a single game ticket through GoFan for the 8/17 matchup Folsom vs De La Salle.

Here is the link for purchasing game tickets if you support Folsom::

https://gofan.co/app/events/32468

Here is the link for purchasing game tickets if you support De La Salle:

https://gofan.co/app/events/32467

When purchasing these tickets through GoFan, you will receive this notification:

Tickets for this event must be presented on a mobile device. You will not be able to print tickets for this event.

Will check with DLS for further information.

8 days and Counting.

Last edited:
Reactions: bulldogmgc
News Flash !!

Here are the links to purchase a single game ticket through GoFan for the 8/17 matchup Folsom vs De La Salle.

When purchasing these tickets through GoFan, you will receive this notification:

Tickets for this event must be presented on a mobile device. You will not be able to print tickets for this event.

Will check with DLS for further information.

8 days and Counting.
This announcement is about a week late.

This announcement is about a week late.

Follow up to my previous post.

Yes, season passes and single game tickets for this game are available on the GoFan website and have been available since 8/1. I wasn’t going to purchase my tickets through this option, but I decided to go out to the GoFan website late last night just to see what was offered because I thought that only season passes were available on the site. But after poking around a little bit I saw the additional option to purchase single game day tickets. That’s why I am a week late on this post for the GoFan option.

DLS Update:

I spoke to DLS today and received some additional information about purchasing tickets directly from the DLS Spartan website and from the bookstore on campus. As per DLS, tickets for this game will be available for purchase on the DLSSpartan.org website starting Monday. Also on Monday there be a limited amount of tickets (Hardcopy) sold at the bookstore.

Could this DLS information change between now and Monday ? Possibly yes. But after speaking to DLS today I feel fairly confident that the DLS ticket purchasing option will be in place starting Monday the 13th.

Link to purchase tickets on DLSSpartan.org:

http://dlsspartans.org/2017-2018/football/news/ticket-information-2018-season

I suspect additional links will be added to this webpage to purchase tickets from DLS.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpartanzRule
I bought two tickets for the game today. at $8 each (Total $18.30 including the convenience fee). You have to download a mobile app on your phone and use your phone when you get in to the game. No tickets to print out.

When online to buy a couple tickets and if you can buy if you download the mobile act. They are $8a piece for adult

Gates Open at 4:30PM

Reactions: 131Pressman
Campolindo vs. Marin Catholic is also available if you can't get in

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT