ADVERTISEMENT

EBAL 2/10

togos

Sports Fanatic
Feb 16, 2014
DUBLIN @ AMador Valley
This could be closer than most people think. However, Dublin has too much talent and amazing quickness.

Doughtery Valley at DELA
DV playing well but Dela at home is tough. DELA too big for and DV and I expect them to play well to end the seaon

San Ramon at Cal
Both teams eliminated from the playoffs
Should be an exciting rival game

Foothill @Granada
Foothill playing great at this time.

Livermore at Monte Vista
MV will take care of business and qualify for the playoffs.

DUBLIN @ AMador Valley
This could be closer than most people think. However, Dublin has too much talent and amazing quickness.

Doughtery Valley at DELA
DV playing well but Dela at home is tough. DELA too big for and DV and I expect them to play well to end the seaon

San Ramon at Cal
Both teams eliminated from the playoffs
Should be an exciting rival game

Foothill @Granada
Foothill playing great at this time.

Livermore at Monte Vista
MV will take care of business and qualify for the playoffs.

SRV (10-14, 5-6) has not been eliminated yet. If they beat Cal, and then beat MV on Tuesday they will qualify.
Whether or not they are selected is another story.
And MV needs to win their last 2 in order to qualify, this one and vs. SRV next week as they are only 11-13 and 4-7 right now.

Dublin @ AV
Gaels by 8. AV playing well.

DV @ DLS
Sparty by 15.

SRV @ Cal
Cal in a close mini upset at home. SRV won the 1st meeting by 1, & the Grizz playing better of late.

Foothill @ Granada
Foothill by 12 as they prepare for the playoffs.

Livermore @ MV
Stangs by 14. Then will need to beat rival SRV Tuesday to qualify.

EBAL Playoff Outlook:

DLS and Dublin have already clinched the top 2 spots, and will each play the second place team of the other division in the 1st round.

South: Foothill and AV are locked in a tie for the 2nd EBAL playoff spot in the South. Foothill would appear to have the upper hand by playing Granada tonight while AV has to play Dublin, but looks can be deceiving. Granada upset Foothill the 1st time around at Foothill, and will be looking to do the same tomorrow night. But even if Foothill avenges that loss and AV goes down to Dublin, The Falcons play the Dons on Tuesday and the Dons won the 1st meeting so if they end up in a tie the Dons would advance to the playoffs having won both match ups. Look for that rivalry game Tuesday to be a Battle Royale.

North: DV is 2 games up on SRV with 2 games left in the North, but the Wildcats must play DLS and Dublin to finish out the regular season and figure to lose both. SRV must get past both Cal and MV to force a tie for 2nd place, and they beat both teams the 1st time around so it is possible. DV & SRV split their 2 meetings this year. Assuming that margin of victory is the 2nd tiebreaker, since SRV won by just 2 in the 1st game and DV won by 11 this week, DV would still get the nod into the inaugural playoffs of this iteration of the EBAL.

Current EBAL Standings:

North
DLS 11-0
DV 7-4
SRV 5-6
MV 4-7
Cal 4-7

South
Dublin 9-2
Foothill 6-5
AV 6-5
Granada 3-8
Livermore 0-11

5 teams have become NCS eligible.
SRV or MV can be if they win their last two making 6 possible teams.
What is the most and what is the least amount that get in.
I think only 3 spots are locks. I think 5 spots Max.
I doubt either MV or SRV get in even if eligible.
I think AV is in if they beat Foothill.
Dougherty is right on the bubble unless they can win of their final 2.
EBAL might be the third strongest league in NCS this year after BVAL and WAC Foothill.

So the playoff match ups are dela vs amador/foothill
and dublin vs doughtery so when are the finals next week Friday or Saturday
at dublin?

So the playoff match ups are dela vs amador/foothill
and dublin vs doughtery so when are the finals next week Friday or Saturday
at dublin?

I haven't heard, but the first round has to be after Tuesday's games, and the finals have to be before selection Sunday. My guess is 1st round Thursday and finals Saturday as that way they won't be playing back to back.

Dela 58 to 41 over doughtery
foothill over granada
dublin 68 to 40 over amador
MV over livermore 49 to 33
Srv over California 52 to 50

Last edited:
Looks like your MV (w) vs Livermore score is wrong

MaxPreps has it at 63-47

Foothill (w) vs Granada posted as 54-49.

Cal vs SRV game looked close - any game recap??

MaxPreps apparently was having a bit of a problem receiving input from score reporters last night...

My app was getting incomplete/incorrect reports as finals, at least sometimes. For example, I saw the El Cerrito score reported as 69-0 over St. Mary's, then a couple minutes later 71-0, then a couple minutes later 52-0. Finally, a few minutes after that flurry of "alternative facts", they sent the (apparently) correct score, 71-52 with EC on top.

Looks like I'll head to MV-SRV Tuesday. First meeting was tremendously disappointing, as it was right in the middle of the worst of MV's injury problems. Expecting a better game from the Mustangs this time around.

Looks like I'll head to MV-SRV Tuesday. First meeting was tremendously disappointing, as it was right in the middle of the worst of MV's injury problems. Expecting a better game from the Mustangs this time around.

Good call. This one should be a battle. The loser is eliminated from NCS playoff consideration while winner qualifies, but is no lock to be selected. It may depend on their performance in this game.

AV-Foothill will also be a battle, with the winner heading to the EBAL playoffs. Both teams have qualified and should make the field, but this game should impact seeding.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT