ADVERTISEMENT

EBAL Predictions

Dec 31, 2016
  • Dublin vs Granda - Dublin wins by 40
  • DLS vs Pitt - DLS gets a non-league victory
  • MV vs Cal - MV gets them at the end
  • Foothill vs Livermore - Foothill early and often!
  • SRV vs DVHS - DVHS by 8
Game of the night SRV vs DVHS. Manasala with 25..no one at SRV can guard him!

Dublin will rest some guys, win by 30
DLS easy win, What happened to PITT? they were suppose to be good
MV starting to adjust without Fadal, will be a major factor
Foothill over Livermore
DV home court in a very low scoring game , very close

Dublin wins easy over Granada
MV vs cal game much closer then people think MV is struggling to score 40pts
a game without fadal just have no one to go get a bucket when needed.
Foothill over livermore
Doughtery valley over san ramon by 8

Prediction
  • Dublin vs Granda - Dublin wins by 40
  • DLS vs Pitt - DLS gets a non-league victory
  • MV vs Cal - MV gets them at the end
  • Foothill vs Livermore - Foothill early and often!
  • SRV vs DVHS - DVHS by 8
Actual
  • Dublin 84 - Granda 70
  1. Did Dublin rest their bench? Only won by 14?? What happened?
  • DLV 52 - Pitt - 37
  1. Strong win..Not surprising!
  • Mv vs Cal - Waiting on MaxPreps to Post
  1. Score - Anyone??
  • Foothill 49 - Livermore 32
  1. Thought Foothill would have had more points!
  • SRV vs DVHS - Waiting on MaxPreps to Post
  1. Score Anyone??

I think MV won by 10 and I heard RUST hurt his ankle. MV still very good team even without Fadal. They have some formidable bigs and great shooters. THey will come in 2nd place and may surprise Dublin.

Friday night EBAL

Dela over Doughtery by 20
Amador Valley at Dublin - Dublin by 20
Granada at Foothill -Foothill by 10, Granada can score
MV vs San Ramon -MV by 10

Friday night EBAL

Dela over Doughtery by 20
Amador Valley at Dublin - Dublin by 20
Granada at Foothill -Foothill by 10, Granada can score
MV vs San Ramon -MV by 10

SRV is hosting Cal on Friday night, not olaying MV.

Friday Predictions

CAL vs SRV – should be a close battle in Danville. Look for Cal to jack up a lot of 3’s. They seem to battle tough every night. SRV will look to their size and young guys to get them started. Botteen will have his boys ready to guard the 3 point line and Bennett guarding the rim. Look for a tight game but SRV pulls away in the 3rd and come away with the victory. SRV by 8.

DLS vs DVHS – no brainer here, DLS too strong. Outside of Manasala, the young DVHS guards will really struggle against the DLS pressure. Udenyi should also have a huge night and DLS will hit 8-10 threes to win by 25.

Granada vs Foothill – although Foothill is much better than their record, they will struggle vs. Granada. I see Foothill winning the game but Granada will be able to score inside and will hit a bunch of 3’s. Foothill by 7.

AV vs Dublin – game of the night, Costello vs his Alma Mater, and rematch from December where Dublin beat AV by 11. AV will try to slow the game down and make it a half court game. AV has no answer for Timmy. If AV can slow the game down and contain all the Dublin weapons, it will be a great game. If it turns into a track meet, watch out. I see something in between and Dublin pulls away late and repeats the victory from December. Dublin by 13

Granada vs Foothill= Granada can score some points. Foothill has some shooters and some big man that can do damage. They could be a surprise team in the EBAL

Amador vs Dublin =game of the week! I would have to disagree. This could be a 20pt game . Amador is well coached and run good stuff but they have no answer for Tim Falls. Dublin has superior talent and a great supporting cast with Falls. They might run the table in the EBAL.

SR vs CAL
Cal could surprise if Wong gets a shot off. Cal has a big team that will get better as they gain experience. Well coached team. SR had a big win at DV on Tuesday and will surprise someone this year.

DLS vs DV
DLS is always loaded . They don't have the superstars of last year but are very balanced and can play with anyone. If DV gets Simri back they will be a contender.

Yes, an aggressive full-court pressure D is something they use more often now. Not all the time like Freedom or Salesian, but I have seen 'em go full-court for a few minutes here and there. I didn't see it during the Vontoure tourney, so maybe it's an experiment borne of their not-so-good showing in Hawaii.

For example, DLS was ahead by about 10 at the half against SRV... Then they opened up the 2nd half with full-court pressure and in the process blew the game wide open, quickly putting SRV away rather than letting 'em hang around. Of course, that was against SRV; no telling whether they can make the 94-foot game work against a higher-quality team.

I have no idea whether this is something their new coach will employ often, or just as an occasional surprise.

DLS will hold DVHS under 40, 66-38 DV no inside presence.
SRV 66-52 over Cal, Cal's only shot is to be hot from 3 as they too have no inside presence.
Dublin 74-56 over AV, Dublin coming off a down game in their win over Granada
Foothill 66-60 over Granada. The lone possible upset in EBAL tonight if Granada puts it all together

DLS won 40-35
SRV won 53-52
Dublin won 71-66
Granada won 57-52

Looks like it was an exciting night no matter which game attended...

I was over at Campo-Miramonte, my fave rivalry game. Campo won that, 47-31. Much better game than that score might indicate...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT