ADVERTISEMENT

El Cerrito Tourney...

kiddman32

Hall of Famer
Nov 25, 2012
Well... Here it is 16 minutes til game time... Grand total of 16 people in the stands???

What is UP with attendance this year??

Anyway... In my estimation, the two best teams in the tourney are tipping off in a few minutes..

Those teams are my fabulous Campolindo Cougars, and the quick, bouncy San Leandro Pirates.

It’s been seesaw all the way... 22-21 Campo with 2:45 left in the half...

Nice nearly-new gym here at El Cerrito... And the shot clocks are broken.

Johnson just threw down a MONSTER one-hand dunk right over Campo’s center... 34-33 Campo

Dowwwwnnnn the stretch... Score is 51-49 SL. Campo has the rock in forecourt with 5 seconds left...

Well... After going and crying in my beer, er non alcoholic beverage... I see Mission is playing Vanden tough... They just took the lead 37-36 after trailing 21-7 early.

After falling back as far as 7, Mission ties it up at 62 with less than a minute left in the 3rd.

Ben Knight is a scoring machine, reminiscent of Decauray Brown from Newark Memorial a few years ago... I’ve heard he’s been into the high 30’s more than once this year, and he’s headed there again.

4:10 left, and we have a good one...

Tied at 72 after yet another Knight basket...

Mission just won’t be knocked out... Knight scores another pair to get it to 84-81, Vanden ball.

Thanks for the report Kiddman. That was a tough first round matchup, Campo v. San Leandro. Vanden v. SL today right?

Last edited:
Ben Knight is one of the best sub '6 guards in area. Just a quiet assassin. Will be a nice pick up for a local JC team

Yup, Vanden v. San Leandro in one semi.

Monterey Trail and Acalanes in the nightcap.

Ben Knight is one of the best sub '6 guards in area. Just a quiet assassin. Will be a nice pick up for a local JC team

Whatever happened to Emmet Neal? I thought he had transferred to Mission? Also where did Kamari Smith end up?

Whatever happened to Emmet Neal? I thought he had transferred to Mission? Also where did Kamari Smith end up?
I know nobody who knows what Kamari Smith is up to. I believe if he is going to school, this would be his 6 school in 4 years. Probably looking to hook up with a JC out of state or a prep school next year

Mission lost of fair share of leadership players in last two years. Hurts them in crunch time. Novice in the paint. Being that said, very entertaining to watch a game they are involved in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT