ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs Central

I'm here to tell you, your point is not accurate. I'm from west Fresno and like I said, that was just naming a few of the big time athletes that's come out of Edison. I didn't name any from Central because the landscape has changed in Fresno. During the years I lived in Fresno the kids that are on this Central team would all be at Edison. And if that was the case now Edison would be Grant on steroids in football (if they had a coach). Not taking anything from Grant but Edison can match them athlete for athlete all day long. The difference would be Grant's Poly community.

Perhaps, but then you’d have to include all the Inderkum kids at Grant too, right?

No offense to Edison, and brutal honesty is that I know little of the schools history. But it would take ALOT of convincing to make me think they could equal the sheer amount in Grants history of studs athletes. Tons of NFLers...

Sure there are so many obvious ones, Onterrio, Shaq, Booker, but what about Ricky Jordan, Paris Warren, Clyde Sanders, Robert Dotson, Channing Williams (DJs uncle), what about Shaw’s brother Sydquan? I could go on and on, and I don’t even follow Grant

Well, agree to disagree. I'm not unaware of Fresno/Clovis football. I have family in the area and have seen many games over the years. None of those schools match GHS, especially the elite athletes. And the Polynesians are the icing on the cake. But let's save this discussion for another day. I don't want to further hijack this thread ;)
Grant plays central next year so we will get a on the field comparison I believe grant will
Have a better offense next year HOPEFULLY

So Cal update Helix opens 3rd Qrt with a pick six lead 14-13

Folsom's defense doesn't get enough credit. Not a lot of size, but they're fundamentally sound. They're pretty good at keeping contain and tackle well.

It’s more to it for grant if grant was located where natomas is you’d see a even better grant but where grant is located at is in the middle of a bad neighborhood a couple a years a go a kid got shot before his game. The kid was a good kid but you can get caught up with what’s around grant I’ll tell you this much it’s a lot of great athletes that should be playing for grant who’s parents doesn’t want them getting caught up with the neighborhood I would mention exact names but I don’t want to offend coaches of those programs...with that being said grant has those type of athletes because where they are located and that’s why they’ll keep athletes and Big islanders
I totally agree DD. Edison is also located in a bad neighborhood on the west side of Fresno. Thing's have changed somewhat over the years but the West is still grimy. And I had just moved to the ATL the year Clavo was shot. That was a very sad day for everyone that has a heart. Jaulon's mother seemed to be a really sweet woman. Respect to ex-Kings Demarcus Cousin for coming through for her.

Reactions: ThunderRam
Kaiden Bennett needs to learn when to throw the ball away once he's outside the pocket.

I totally agree DD. Edison is also located in a bad neighborhood on the west side of Fresno. Thing's have changed somewhat over the years but the West is still grimy. And I had just moved to the ATL the year Clavo was shot. That was a very sad day for everyone that has a heart. Jaulon's mother seemed to be a really sweet woman. Respect to ex-Kings Demarcus Cousin for coming through for her.

I know a few people that went to Edison they do have as many athletes as grant on any given year but I think grant produced bigger stars...what really separates them is the size a couple years ago Bullard had good size...fresno is like db heaven they produce a lot of d1 dbs

WOAH.

Folsom goes for it on 4th and 13 from their own 47 and picks it up on a short wheel route in which Daniyel Ngata had to make a nice move and break a tackle to pick it up. It was 3rd and 27 the play before.

This central team would embarrass grant.

Yeah this years version...they had a bunch of juniors and in the middle of a sfl make over they played Jesuit tough and that was with a new qb who only played like the last 3 games...we will be in the sfl and you’ll see firsthand it’s not lack of talent

Give Folsom a lot of credit for just seizing control of this game with aggressive play.

34-14 now.

Perhaps, but then you’d have to include all the Inderkum kids at Grant too, right?

No offense to Edison, and brutal honesty is that I know little of the schools history. But it would take ALOT of convincing to make me think they could equal the sheer amount in Grants history of studs athletes. Tons of NFLers...

Sure there are so many obvious ones, Onterrio, Shaq, Booker, but what about Ricky Jordan, Paris Warren, Clyde Sanders, Robert Dotson, Channing Williams (DJs uncle), what about Shaw’s brother Sydquan? I could go on and on, and I don’t even follow Grant
Oh trust me, I know what I'm talking about so I'm not taking offense to your take on this. I could go on and on in regards to the studs that went pro from Edison even when my mom went there. The two schools are mirror image of each other when it comes to athletic talent if you believe it or not. The only difference is the Poly community to be frank. I've lived in Fresno (West) and Sacramento (North) and played in Fresno and coached in Sacramento.

Reactions: mrbig864
Yeah this years version...they had a bunch of juniors and in the middle of a sfl make over they played Jesuit tough and that was with a new qb who only played like the last 3 games...we will be in the sfl and you’ll see firsthand it’s not lack of talent
The key is coaching. If either Central or Grant had the coaching of Folsom they would be untouchable in their respective sections.

Big answer from Central to stay in the game. But then they show desperation in trying an onside kick that drew a penalty. Then they pooch kick it down the field and recover. Could be a huge play.

How has every SEC team not offered NGATA?

Or Big10 or Pac12 or Big12.

He's on a different level than everyone else in this game. His brother is legit too. Look at the speed on that TD run and he's only a freaking SOPH.

Folsom better schedule up next season. They're gonna be better than they are this season.

Yeah, it's time for Folsom to take their preseason to another level. With all this speed and talent they have now it would be a tragedy if they don't schedule a SoCal power or a OOS power.

How has every SEC team not offered NGATA? It's silly how good he is.
This central team killed them selves on that 4th and 1 play in 2nd qtr. That was a horrible mistake.
USC should get him his brother is a beast too I could see them going to Utah

Yeah, it's time for Folsom to take their preseason to another level. With all this speed and talent they have now it would be a tragedy if they don't schedule a SoCal power or a OOS power.
Next year they will have a open game level team they should schedule top teams they could be top 10 in the nation good I’d be curious to see how they look after this transfer rule

I so hate late TD calls like that. If you didn't call it right away, how can you see anything different once they players are moving after the play ended?

Central's QB isn't as athletic as past QB's. If he was truly athletic he would have leaped over the Folsom's defenders for the score instead of getting his clock cleaned.

I see a lot of chatter about the game going on, but some of us are depending on this thread for updates. Can someone please give a score update and time left in game. Thank you

Reactions: Deltadodger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT