ADVERTISEMENT

Foothill Scrimmage

Bubba3000

Hall of Famer
Dec 12, 2012
Did anyone here attend the Foothill/Clayton Valley Charter/Heritage scrimmage last night? I'm having a hard time getting in touch with my nephew who was there.

OK folks I talked briefly to my nephew and here's his take from the scrimmage. The first team that CVC faced was Foothill. Apparently, Foothill was unable to slow down the CVC run game and CVC couldn't slow down the Foothill passing game.

When Heritage played CVC the eagles won 21-7. However, at least seven of Heitage's starters were not playing. Basically, it was a bit of a moral victory for Heritage to be able to hang in there with CVC.

By the time Heritage played Foothill the Foothill QB Wooldrige only took 6 or so snaps in that scrimmage.

Overall he said CVC is huge, bigger than some college teams, while Foothill and Heritage are a bit light in the shorts. No big surprises.

So CV is huge in size or numbers? I suppose it doesn't matter since they apparently still can't stop a passing attack. They will always be in games with ball control but teams that can throw it just eat that defense up.

So CV is huge in size or numbers? I suppose it doesn't matter since they apparently still can't stop a passing attack. They will always be in games with ball control but teams that can throw it just eat that defense up.
Probably both as far as size and numbers. They had a 6'6" 300lb JR transfer from Las Lomas as well as McKenzie and 2 DL with offers. Thier 4-4 step and strike on the D line(that Murph sells his DVD's at clinics) turns into 7 on 7 real quick with a slow pass rush

Both size and numbers IP45 I also heard that Mckenzie isn't their largest player

Probably both as far as size and numbers. They had a 6'6" 300lb JR transfer from Las Lomas as well as McKenzie and 2 DL with offers. Thier 4-4 step and strike on the D line(that Murph sells his DVD's at clinics) turns into 7 on 7 real quick with a slow pass rush

They haven't ran that 4-4 since Miramonte lit them up a few years ago. They now run a 4-3 and still can't figure out how to stop a passing team.

Reactions: mshNASTY
Hasn't got much talk but Bryce Brand staying at CVC helps make this defense one of the best against the run to start the year.

Hasn't got much talk but Bryce Brand staying at CVC helps make this defense one of the best against the run to start the year.

Strange deal to be sure. Kid was definitely at IMG now he is back at CV. I wonder how NCS rules on his eligibility I think it's clear he is back for athletics. I mean he clearly left for athletics and probably figured out pretty quick he isn't going to play much so he came back. Any word on if he has to sit a few games?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT