ADVERTISEMENT

Games tonight

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Welcome back Friday! Some good games tnite. A few that jump out at me.

Cardinal Newman travels to St Mary’s, Stockton in a battle of top 25 teams. This will be a tough test for Newman which as steadily improved each week having won 3 in a row I will take st Mary’s 35-24. Too much for young cardinals to handle.

Oak Ridge vs Granite Bay.
Not a perennial top 25 game like in prior years but one that should be fairly even in the SFL. Oak ridge is coming off a bad loss to Folsom while GB has some solid momentum after DO win. I think Granite Bay takes care of OR 35-21. I said it before.. Taylor inherited one of the weaker Oak Ridge teams in last decade.

Rocklin vs DO
4-0 rocklin takes on 4-1 DO. While I think rocklin comes in heavily favored I never take DO lightly. If I was going to a game around the SFL this would be the one tnite. However I will be at Granite Bay/OR for other reasons.

Folsom Vs Grant… not long ago this would be the ticket in norcal. Now I could see a running clock in 2nd half..

I’m sure tons of other good games!

Reactions: RidgeRider
Me, Bubba Jr and a couple other blokes will be out at SRV for their homecoming game against Las Lomas tonight. Anyone else plan to be there?

Reactions: larry legend33
I think El Cerrito-Monte Vista is a pretty intriguing game too.

Also, McClymonds-Menlo Atherton will tell us a lot about both teams
Agree, those are intriguing matchups. I think EC is a good D3 team, but how good? Mack also. Will be following these two games tonight if possible

Oakdale at Kimball 2 high scoring teams. The team with the best D wins. I having been trying to figure out if Oakdale defence is good. Or offences they played were weak? East Union very much offence looks same as Kimball. Both QB good arms. EU QB better athlete. Oakdale much more physical on both sides of the ball. Bold prediction? If no turnovers Oakdale by 3 TD?

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
Well, the OR vs GB was very entertaining and a bit painful at times to watch. GB prevailed 21-20 and both teams had chances to put more on the board. OR missed a 40 yd FG in first half that would have been the difference. (Hit upright). Sean Dwyer of OR was having a big game at WR but went down in early 3rd with injury that proved costly for OR. He was a matchup problem all night for GB.
GB took air out of ball to end game. OR couldn’t get stops.

The SFL is looking like this.
Folsom
Rocklin
Huge gap between the next best team.
Granite Bay
Oak Ridge/DO/Whitney
Grant

Like I’ve said before… this is a very average Oak Ridge team in what looks to be a pretty down year overall in the SFL. (Besides Folsom and Rocklin).

Folsom
Rocklin
Granite Bay
Oak Ridge/DO/Whitney
Grant

Like I’ve said before… this is a very average Oak Ridge team in what looks to be a pretty down year overall in the SFL. (Besides Folsom and Rocklin).
Seems right! No doubt OR will be back in the mix in a couple years with Taylor at the helm.

Reactions: THEOC89
Well, the OR vs GB was very entertaining and a bit painful at times to watch. GB prevailed 21-20 and both teams had chances to put more on the board. OR missed a 40 yd FG in first half that would have been the difference. (Hit upright). Sean Dwyer of OR was having a big game at WR but went down in early 3rd with injury that proved costly for OR. He was a matchup problem all night for GB.
GB took air out of ball to end game. OR couldn’t get stops.

Folsom
Rocklin
Granite Bay
Oak Ridge/DO/Whitney
Grant

Its going to be tough sledding for Rocklin without QB1, but they have 6 weeks to figure it out or sooner, prior to playoffs.

5-0 PF 230, PA 32 Most likely 1 win away from playoffs...

This team still has alot in the tank,
- Defense is unreal
- Running game is excellent
- Lineplay has been key
Super bummed about Kenny, kids a stud, but Rocklin will persever, coaches will figure it out. I wouldn't be surprised if they lose to GB next week then get back on track. GB is an SFL tough out, and would have been a hard fought game anyways.

What happened to rocklin QB? Yeah don’t take GB lightly. They aren’t bad and program is on rise again.

What happened to rocklin QB? Yeah don’t take GB lightly. They aren’t bad and program is on rise again.

I wasn’t aware he was out. He wasn’t in the game late, but I just thought that was because it was mop up duty.

Must have to do with the hit he took near the goal line when he got helicoptered. He was limping pretty hard as the Thunder ran hurry up to punch the ball in the end zone via a QB sneak just before half.

My guess is it is a hip or leg injury and the play described above is when the injury occurred.

I wasn’t aware he was out. He wasn’t in the game late, but I just thought that was because it was mop up duty.

Must have to do with the hit he took near the goal line when he got helicoptered. He was limping pretty hard as the Thunder ran hurry up to punch the ball in the end zone via a QB sneak just before half.

My guess is it is a hip or leg injury and the play described above is when the injury occurred.
I don't have any injury specifics but was told by a friend in the know, it's a status of "out indefinitely" I saw the play TR, and your speculation is right on the money. HUGE Bummer for the team and Kenny, hope he has a speedy recovery!

Reactions: ThunderRam
Thoughts on the thunder? Obviously losing kenny will hurt but I think this team can still matchup on the lines vs. Folsom.
Love what the Thunder are doing this year. I've said it multiple times in my own rankings that I thought Rocklin was top 3 in Norcal, above DLS. They are that good.

I think that will be the game to attend. Rocklin has a fine program and returns a lot of physicality from last years team. I think that will be Folsom’s only tough game in league this year.
Walked outta that game super impressed with the Thunder. I think they are better than most teams in NorCal this year for sure.

I don't have any injury specifics but was told by a friend in the know, it's a status of "out indefinitely" I saw the play TR, and your speculation is right on the money. HUGE Bummer for the team and Kenny, hope he has a speedy recovery!

Huge bummer indeed. Perhaps Joey Roberts can step up. He’s a lot smaller and will change the look of their offense.

Hopefully Lueth will be ready to go in 3 weeks.

PFQ.....Have you lost your mind....Your talking about another team besides your beloved team and giving them credit.......must be the covid!!! somting wong

PFQ.....Have you lost your mind....Your talking about another team besides your beloved team and giving them credit.......must be the covid!!! somting wong
Maybe you are misinterpreting that post. You got to read between the lines...
..."Better than most other teams in NorCal" but certainly not all of them.
...Responding to LL's post about giving Folsom its only tough league game.

But I do have to admit, like you, I was amazed he didn't use the F word in that post.;)

Last edited:
If you've followed any of my posts, I do like to give teams their due. Especially the SFL teams. I'm a fan of all of them personally. You just chose to hone into some of the other stuff.

Maybe you are misinterpreting that post. You got read between the lines...
..."Better than most other teams in NorCal" but certainly not all of them.
...Responding to LL's post about giving Folsom its only tough league game.

But I do have to admit, like you, I was amazed he didn't use the F word in that post.;)
Misrepresent this- Rocklin is better than De La Salle this year. They are that good.

I think Rocklin is great this year but you cant put them above DLS yet...you cant put them above Serra or SF either...who have they played? The DO game was impressive but I am wondering if their starters were in the whole game?
You can’t probably put Rocklin above DLS until we see the outcome of both the Folsom DLS game and Folsom Rocklin game

They are that good.
Seriously, I do think they are pretty good. Better than DLS - who knows? But I know this for sure... We have a much better idea come next weekend and even better idea after Oct 15th.

PS - I should have read the next post from Jfoyosoul - we have the same idea about firm comparisons.

Last edited:
Reactions: larry legend33
Pasty can try to ‘stir the pot’ and ‘ruffle the feathers‘ of DLS Peeps all he wants (which anyone with an ounce of common sense can see a mile away), but the reality is that his beloved Bulldogs will get a chance to prove things on the field.

Luckily for all of us HS FB fans, we will get to see these games play out on the field, which will help give guidance for the state playoffs.

✌🏼✌🏼

I just watched an interview JoeD of the Bee did with Rocklin players after their game. It doesn’t go into detail other than to confirm the injury is to Kenny’s knee. He’s clearly on crutches during the interview.

The play he was injured on is actually in the highlights and you get a good angle of it.

Reactions: Santa Ball
I just watched an interview JoeD of the Bee did with Rocklin players after their game. It doesn’t go into detail other than to confirm the injury is to Kenny’s knee. He’s clearly on crutches during the interview.

The play he was injured on is actually in the highlights and you get a good angle of it.

I hear he is out for the season with a torn PCL. He will be sorely missed from an athelicism and leadership standpoint. I hear they may call up their fresh qb to compete at the position, he's 14 but has a varsity arm. Obviously not ideal, but the goal of post season success, playing well vs. Folsom, league etc, all still there for this team.

Reactions: THEOC89
I hear he is out for the season with a torn PCL. He will be sorely missed from an athelicism and leadership standpoint. I hear they may call up their fresh qb to compete at the position, he's 14 but has a varsity arm. Obviously not ideal, but the goal of post season success, playing well vs. Folsom, league etc, all still there for this team.
Junior tore his MCL and PCL at St Mary’s camp back in 2014 and nine weeks later started against Pittsburg in the season opener without surgery. This was very nerve wracking for me as a parent. It took him most of his senior season to return to a new normal and he never played football again without a knee brace on that leg. The reason he skipped surgery was because back then their were very few PCL surgeries attempted and the surgeon admitted that the success rate was nowhere near the 85% success rate associated with ACL surgery. Also, the recovery time was a full year for PCL surgery as opposed to 6 months. I’m sure overcoming a torn PCL is harder for a skill player.

Last edited:
Junior tore his MCL and PCL at St Mary’s camp back in 2014 and nine weeks later started against Pittsburg in the season opener without surgery. This was very nerve wracking for me as a parent. It took him most of his senior season to return to a new normal and he never played football again without a knee brace on that leg. The reason he skipped surgery was because back then their were very few PCL surgeries attempted and the surgeon admitted that the success rate was nowhere near the 85% success rate associated with ACL surgery. Also, the recovery time was a full year for PCL surgery as opposed to 6 months. I’m sure overcoming a torn PCL is harder for a skill player.
Thats an extensive injury, massive knee trauma. It's alway what you cant see, feel to determine extent until it's lit up by magnets. Im sure that limited his ability, but not heart, playing with the brace. Props to you and your son for finding that grit to go once more into the fray. Lol

-adult talk, measured expectations, but modern med interventions with PCL could be quite good, particularly if ACL intact, MCL strong and with competent treatment plans-rehab, prognosis is stellar.

Reactions: Bubba3000
Clarification - they will start the frosh vs. GB. A close call,I hear.

Reactions: FBAddict
Clarification - they will start the frosh vs. GB. A close call,I hear.
Sorry to hear the news. Rocklin is still a force and if a frosh is starting the future is very bright for that program. I thought you had to be 15 to play varsity football?

Kinda deja-vu, the year Rocklin went to State didn’t they start a backup QB?
Good memory pantera-cat. If my memory serves correctly, I think Rocklin had to move their stud receiver into the QB position for their state game.. So it was a bit of a double - loss (losing star players at two spots). Yet the Thunder still had Servite on the ropes in that game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT