ADVERTISEMENT

Irish Clobber...

Irish_Cheers

Hall of Famer
May 11, 2008
Serra 12-3 for the sweep.

Serra's JV's are 20-0-1 after SHC's JV's tied them 9-9 in 9 innings. Irish are 17-4-1.
I guess they ended the game so the Varsity game wouldn't be delayed too long.

Last edited:
Sweeping Serra in baseball is pretty rarified air here. Should put up a banner for that accomplishment lol.

At 4-9 in league Serra looking like a sweepable WCAL foe this year. Still a good result for the Irish. Got a look at Lucas Kelly for first time..wow. Big bopper. That bomb he hit off SI is still going.

At 4-9 in league Serra looking like a sweepable WCAL foe this year. Still a good result for the Irish. Got a look at Lucas Kelly for first time..wow. Big bopper. That bomb he hit off SI is still going.
Kelly has as legitimate a shot as any to get drafted and someday make it to the big leagues. Cant remember the last SH baseball player to make it. Keshawn Ogans has an outside chance to get drafted.

Reactions: Scott2138
Kelly has as legitimate a shot as any to get drafted and someday make it to the big leagues. Cant remember the last SH baseball player to make it. Keshawn Ogans has an outside chance to get drafted.
From Baseball-Reference, the last Sacred Heart player to make the majors was Frank Bertaina who was in the majors from 1964 to 1970.
Chris Petrini got as high as AA ball in 2014. It will be fantastic to see some more players make the majors.

What happened to Serra baseball?

Just a down year?

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Ray Ortiz made it to AAA with Twins in early 90s. Stefan Gartrell made it to AAA with Atlanta Braves and Chicago White Sox about 10 years ago. Would not be surprised to see Lucas Kelly drafted this year, Hes one of those kids if based on where he gets drafted may pass up on college. But SEC is tough opportunity to give up. Has a MLB potential frame. Keeshawn Ogans at Cal would be a nice pick up but my guess he'll return to Cal for his senior season. Dont overlook Owen Stevenson at USF who will eligible after next year . Should be on radar after another year in Cape league (assume).

Been awhile since a city kid made it (not just born in SF but also played in SF). Krook from SI had some promise but it appears injuries derailed him. The last city kid I can remember making it was Kevin Jordan from Lowell back in the 90s.

Harvey Pulliam…same time as Ray Ortiz. Pretty sure Pulliam went to McAteer. Played against him in Flame 7th-8th grade. He was soooo much better than everyone. They were no doubters then. Seemed like every hit was up on the asphalt at Aptos. It was funny to think about playing against those guys. I’m sure they thought it was funny as well.

Tyler Walker (born in SF - attended University High School in early 90s) Played at Cal then played for Giants (and other teams). Okeya Dickson (SF born, Washington HS) after playing at CSM, drafted and had cup of coffee with Dodgers a few years ago. A kid from Galileo about ten years ago (Nelson?). Had a cup of coffee with Cleveland Indians last year. Went to Cal and then UCSB (I believe). All the prowess of the WCAL, the last 9-10 San Francisco born athletes to play at lease one game in MLB are products of the AAA and BCL. In fact, no WCAL San Francisco born and Riordan, SI, or SHC high school player has made it to MLB (when league formed in 1967). A few have made it to AAA. I think the closet was Ray Ortiz Jr. as a replacement player during 94 strike season.

Last edited:
Reactions: colhenrylives
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT