ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty (12-1) vs Sierra Canyon (12-3) in D1A State Bowl

SearsPoints

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Sep 13, 2007
So, what are everyone's thoughts on the Liberty/Sierra Canyon matchup?

What are Liberty's chances for a Bowl win?

And, oh by the way. With the changes to the CIF Bowl eligibility next year, what does the NCS plan on doing with the Open division?

So, what are everyone's thoughts on the Liberty/Sierra Canyon matchup?

What are Liberty's chances for a Bowl win?

And, oh by the way. With the changes to the CIF Bowl eligibility next year, what does the NCS plan on doing with the Open division?

Win the new 8 divisions the NCS is proposing they would eliminate the Open. But the trophy stores would still be doing a brisk business.

Reactions: smashmouthrick
I think this is going to Be an Exciting Game!... Sierra Canyon has an Electric offense but won their way in by Beating a Very Good Upland team in a 7-3 defensive battle...

Liberty Has the #1 QB in Nor Cal and is playing in their first SBG!!!... I think Liberty's Defense will make some stops and they win a 35-28 type of game!!!

Looking Forward to this one!.... :)

Reactions: RidgeRider
Sierra Canyon runs the spread with a 5’3” scat back he may be 5’4”.Very quick kid and tough for his size transferred in from city section D2 Arleta High.Passing game is pretty good as well.

Defense is good but I wouldn’t call them dominant.Sometimes I look at this team and think they are soft other times they can be really explosive on offense.I think St.Francis will win this game

Reactions: aztecpadre
Are you sure he's not 5'5 1/2 in cleats? I like Liberty in this game. I think they get the job done.

Sierra Canyon runs the spread with a 5’3” scat back he may be 5’4”.Very quick kid and tough for his size transferred in from city section D2 Arleta High.Passing game is pretty good as well.

Defense is good but I wouldn’t call them dominant.Sometimes I look at this team and think they are soft other times they can be really explosive on offense.I think St.Francis will win this game
The defense did a great job of stopping Upland, who is not a bad team.

Uplands offense was pretty pathetic that game.In fact that whole game was a bore fest

Upland is a team that always looks fantastic against someone like Glendora or Chino, but whenever you put them up against someone like Mission Viejo, Corona Centennial, or the like, they fall apart like a house of cards. They aren't even competitive.

Liberty's carrying the weight of the entire NCS after DLS' loss to Mater Dei. Liberty was one of three NCS teams to participate in state playoffs this year.

Liberty's carrying the weight of the entire NCS after DLS' loss to Mater Dei. Liberty was one of three NCS teams to participate in state playoffs this year.

I don’t know about the weight of the entire NCS. DLS was the only NCS team that actually won a section title to even advance to the state or regional games. The NCS dropped the ball big time. It would be nice if they win, but I don’t think many in the NCS are on pins and needles.

I don’t know about the weight of the entire NCS. DLS was the only NCS team that actually won a section title to even advance to the state or regional games. The NCS dropped the ball big time. It would be nice if they win, but I don’t think many in the NCS are on pins and needles.

I can think of an entire region that is pulling for Liberty. Personally I'm excited for every every NorCal team. It's nor cal vs so cal. Not DLS vs so cal and who cares about the rest.

Reactions: eaglepuss
i like liberty
42-10
they have played 3 teams in a row that were physical.
they will dominate this game from start to finish.

I'm going against the grain here. I think this stage may be a little too big for Liberty this being their first time at the big dance. Sierra Canyon by 3.

I Agree with you, I think Liberty takes some time to shake off the nerves... That is why I see like a 35-28 win... I Believe Liberty wins because their QB is the difference...

I am Pulling for Liberty and believe they win, but would not at all be surprised to see SC pull out a close one!.... :)

Not specific to this match up, but ever since the SBG divisions expanded, I find myself not caring the same as I did when there were just 5 of them. There's just too many IMO.

I think this is a common thought for those outside of the individual school fan bases. I think teams going multiple teams has lessened the impact too and having the games spread out around the state.

Reactions: ThunderRam
I think this is a common thought for those outside of the individual school fan bases. I think teams going multiple teams has lessened the impact too and having the games spread out around the state.

I get it
Personally I would watch every SBG if I could

Reactions: FBAddict
Not specific to this match up, but ever since the SBG divisions expanded, I find myself not caring the same as I did when there were just 5 of them. There's just too many IMO.

Fully agree. And this year with the Open the week before its seems very anti-climatic and feels like the season already ended. Didn't watch the DO game and didn't watch all of the U / Folsom game, which was very entertaining.

Reactions: aztecpadre
I still think there is an interest in seeing the games. Heck, usually it involves two good football teams. I just think the magnitude of it has been diluted with more games and then Open being last week and games at different sites.

Reactions: nascar624
Liberty is Nervous.... And Sierra Canyon Can play!.... 8 sophomores!!!.... If they don’t transfer they will be awesome in 2 years!!!!...:)

Go Lions!!!!

Also a freshman starts at safety.Had to miss the first game because he was only 13

8 sophomores and a freshman starting in this game and they are out playing liberty in almost every aspect of this game. Not sure what that says about liberty and NorCal football but me thinks it ain’t good.

Reactions: ararar
8 sophomores and a freshman starting in this game and they are out playing liberty in almost every aspect of this game. Not sure what that says about liberty and NorCal football but me thinks it ain’t good.
Speaks more about Liberty. Never jumped on the Liberty bandwagon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT