D3: Burlingame beat Santa Cruz 4-3, Monterey beat Los Gatos 9-3
D4: Carmel beat Salinas 7-3, St. Francis SCP beat Soledad 10-0

NCS

D2: Ukiah beat Casa Grande 5-4, Petaluma beat Redwood 5-2
D4: St. Joseph beat Redwood Christian 5-4, St. Mary's beat Justin-Siena 5-1

SJS

Del Campo beat Vanden 4-2
Alpha Charter beat Mariposa County 13-2

Whitney wins schools first baseball d1 section champ with a great 2-1 thriller over McClatchy before a packed house at sac city. Gilmore went the distance for the wildcats.

The school Spirit and fan base last night at sac city was off the charts. Standing room only. Every pitch was intense. One of the better Hs games I’ve seen. McClatchy is the real deal and Whitney is loaded again next year. Good luck in norcal.

The Stanford commit Malcolm Moore Is big time.

Last edited:
Whitney wins schools first baseball d1 section champ with a great 2-1 thriller over McClatchy before a packed house at sac city. Gilmore went the distance for the wildcats.

The school Spirit and fan base last night at sac city was off the charts. Standing room only. Every pitch was intense. One of the better Hs games I’ve seen. McClatchy is the real deal and Whitney is loaded again next year. Good luck in norcal.

The Stanford commit Malcolm Moore Is big time.

Moore might be the Giants 1st round selection. If he falls that far

I’ll tip my cap to the the staff. They turned it around very quickly. They had a bad stretch at the wrong time of the season and I had serious doubts they would win NCS.
Agree. And I’m sure it grounded them a little as well. They will be a tough out in norcal.

@Streak One ,
Does norcal have divisions or is it all one? I think this is first year so I have no clue.
I realize you addressed Streak - but I think the CIF Blue Pages will give some guidance below

Here's how I read it:
There will be 5 divisions of 8 team brackets
The teams will be assigned and seeded in divisions according to equity-based criteria. Enrollment will not be a factor in seeding.
The seeding criteria include
a. Win-Loss Record (Preseason, League, Section Playoffs)
b. Strength of Schedule (Preseason, League, Section Playoffs)
c. Head-to-Head Competition
d. Common Opponents
e. Opponents Win-Loss Record
f. Various rankings may be consulted when placing teams (i.e., MaxPreps, SB Live, etc.)
g. Suitability to represent the State Championship with regards to Pursuing Victory with Honor and
acceptable standards of sportsmanship
Adjustments to bracket seeding may be made to ensure bracket integrity.
The higher seeded team school will serve as the host site.

BASEBALL CIF REGIONAL BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
Div. I-V May 31, June 2, 4, 2022 at Home Sites T.B.D.
I. CIF REGIONAL BASEBALL REGULATIONS
A. REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP DIVISIONAL PLACEMENT OF SCHOOLS Baseball Regional Championships will be held following the completion of Section playoffs. The CIF Seeding Committee will determine the divisional placement of the Section entries for their respective Regional tournament. NOTE: Sections still determine their own criteria for placement and seeding of schools within their own local playoff system.
B. SECTION REGIONAL ENTRIES
(1) AUTOMATIC QUALIFIERS Northern Regional: Sac-Joaquin (10), Central Coast (9), North Coast (9), Northern (6), Central (4), Oakland (1), San Francisco (1) Southern Regional: Southern (20), San Diego (10), Los Angeles (6), Central (4)
• Sections will forward their automatic qualifiers in true seed order to the committee
• All Section division champions advance to State/Regional playoffs
• No enrollment cap in any division NOTE: The format is an eight (8)-team single-elimination tournament in each of five (5) competitive equity-based divisions DI-DV in both the North and the South.
II. QUALIFYING TO CIF STATE/REGIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS Teams/Individuals must compete, and qualify through, their respective CIF Section Championships to participate in CIF State/Regional Championships.
III. SEEDING CRITERIA/PARAMETERS The committee will use the seeding criteria (in no particular order: overall record, head-to-head, strength of schedule, state or regional rankings) for each bracket.
The following adjustments may be made during the seeding process, but the changes must not impact the integrity of the bracket.
• Opening round games that are a repeat of a section final or semi-final may be adjusted.
• Travel considerations
• Regional bracketing options
• Teams from the same Section, but in different divisions, may play each other in the opening round
• The team with the higher seeding number will be the host school in all rounds
• Suitability to represent the State in a Championship with regards to Pursuing Victory with Honor and acceptable standards of sportsmanship.
NOTE: Complete details on the 2022 CIF Regional Baseball Championships will be available on the State CIF website (www.cifstate.org) in the handbook approximately 45-60 days prior to the event.

(Blue Pages)
(Baseball Handbook)

CCS teams bids for NorCal Regionals
Monte Vista Christian (DVI Champ)
Christopher (DV Champ)
St. Francis SCP (DIV Champ)
Monterey (DIII Champ)
Mitty (DII Champ)
Bellarmine (DI Semi)
Valley Christian (DI Semi)
Palo Alto (DI Finalist)
St. Francis (DI Champ)

Last edited:
Reactions: bella123
Palo Alto vs St. Francis - still scoreless at the top of the 6th.
PA vs SF scoreless at the bottom of the 6th.
PA vs SF still scoreless middle of 7th
7th done and scoreless.
Scoreless middle of 8th.
SF wins 1-0 with zero outs and 3 more on base at the bottom of the 8th.

Last edited:
Reactions: bella123
top 8 teams…will probably shake out like this

1) St Francis
2) De La Salle
3) Foothill
4) paly
5) Woodcreek
6) California
7) Mitty
8) Ukiah

1) St Francis
2) De La Salle
3) Foothill
4) paly
5) Woodcreek
6) California
7) Mitty
8) Ukiah
Ukiah? Are you kidding? Happy for them they won d2 but they are nowhere near that. They didn’t even with NBL and Newman has a much better resume. Ukiah was the 3rd best team in their own League.
Whitney just won SJS D1 which historically is a great baseball section. They will be in the top 8.
Wood creek got bounced in the first round of SJS. They are with Lebron right now in Cancun.

1) St Francis
2) De La Salle
3) Foothill
4) paly
5) Woodcreek
6) California
7) Mitty
8) Ukiah
California will not be one of the bid submissions according to the NCS rules, at least how I interpret them. NCS section rules state that all division champions and 3 championship runner-up teams can be considered. California lost in the semi-final round.

Ukiah? Are you kidding? Happy for them they won d2 but they are nowhere near that. They didn’t even with NBL and Newman has a much better resume. Ukiah was the 3rd best team in their own League.
Whitney just won SJS D1 which historically is a great baseball section. They will be in the top 8.
Wood creek got bounced in the first round of SJS. They are with Lebron right now in Cancun.
Yeah Ukiah is a nice story and they are a solid team, but not in the top 8 conversation whatsoever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT