ADVERTISEMENT

NorCal Pre-Season Top 20

That is extremely rude...this is hs football, simply enjoy it...do u ever think that maybe the reason folsom posters act the way they do is because people like you and others fail to acknowledge any good folsom does on the field? Im from the east bay and yes now in folsom, but i have been sick of the worship of dls for the longest time....calhisports and nearly all bay area hs football fans worship at the dls throne...admittally, we folsom posters might get over excited before we know what team we actually have but its because of the community spirit and the excitement of the team doing well. Folsom needs to prove it on the field this year and every year but if dls does lose to folsom..do not blame it on a down year. And there are years where dls doesnt deserve open..maybe last year, maybe 2014, maybe 2008 with grant..every year is different and not every year does dls play the second or possibly best nor cal team
Sounds a lot like jealousy. DLS earned their respect and accolades by what they did on the field, not what they said on message boards.I’ve got a pet peeve with those who resent the achievements of others and the respect that it earns from others.Heres a novel concept;BEAT THEM.On the field. In a game.I’ve noticed it’s always the teams who haven’t beaten DLS that cry the loudest.The teams that have beaten DLS don’t take shots at DLS.Should Folsom win they will deserve all the credit they seem to resent not getting.I respect that Folsom is going all out to become number 1 in NorCal.This game is one they have been looking towards for a few years. Hope that no matter the outcome both sides will be gracious in victory or defeat.

That is extremely rude...this is hs football, simply enjoy it...do u ever think that maybe the reason folsom posters act the way they do is because people like you and others fail to acknowledge any good folsom does on the field? Im from the east bay and yes now in folsom, but i have been sick of the worship of dls for the longest time....calhisports and nearly all bay area hs football fans worship at the dls throne...admittally, we folsom posters might get over excited before we know what team we actually have but its because of the community spirit and the excitement of the team doing well. Folsom needs to prove it on the field this year and every year but if dls does lose to folsom..do not blame it on a down year. And there are years where dls doesnt deserve open..maybe last year, maybe 2014, maybe 2008 with grant..every year is different and not every year does dls play the second or possibly best nor cal team

You’re barking up the wrong tree bulldog.Im a SoCal guy and I couldn’t care any less if Folsom wins or not I just want to watch a good game.and don’t blame me for assuming every Folsom poster is one guy blame Cashg61deloroparentkingera18 or whatever new name he has now for people disliking Folsom fan

You’re barking up the wrong tree bulldog.Im a SoCal guy and I couldn’t care any less if Folsom wins or not I just want to watch a good game.and don’t blame me for assuming every Folsom poster is one guy blame Cashg61deloroparentkingera18 or whatever new name he has now for people disliking Folsom fan
I think your constant posts and responses in regards to Folsom, prove you care.

Makes it even more bizarre that you are a supposed SoCal guy trolling NorCal forums and teams.

How in the world is Clayton Valley not on this list? They would ROLL every team on the list with the exception of the top 3... DLS would beat them as they have shown. I think they give Folsom and Pitt a game (but likely lose)... but they are beating every team on this list from #4-#20

They're just so much more physical than everyone outside the top couple and last year's team was almost all Juniors

Reactions: feedback1
How in the world is Clayton Valley not on this list? They would ROLL every team on the list with the exception of the top 3... DLS would beat them as they have shown. I think they give Folsom and Pitt a game (but likely lose)... but they are beating every team on this list from #4-#20

They're just so much more physical than everyone outside the top couple and last year's team was almost all Juniors
I still remember when they came to Folsom in 2015 with all this hype, playing one of Folsoms worst teams in the last 5 or 6 years, refusing to punt, not throwing a pass, and virtually blowing a game they could have won. It was epic.

Reactions: BryanColangelo
I still remember when they came to Folsom in 2015 with all this hype, playing one of Folsoms worst teams in the last 5 or 6 years, refusing to punt, not throwing a pass, and virtually blowing a game they could have won. It was epic.

As I remember CVC lost their best player (McKenzie? the DLS DL transfer) on the first or second play.

As I remember CVC lost their best player (McKenzie? the DLS DL transfer) on the first or second play.
First play of the game. Had to be helped off the field.

I admit I didn't know much about CVC prior to this game. When I saw them going for it on 4th and 12 in their own territory, running dive plays, I was bewildered. I couldn't believe it. I mean, there are some times we elect to go for it on 4th and long......but we usuually throw the ball lol.

Still one of the weirdest games I've ever seen.

Really surprised Menlo Atherton isn't in top 20. They have a LB going to Alabama or USC. Either way I cannot wait for Honor Bowl games at St Francis Aug 24 & Aug 25th. Aug 1st should be called Football season has officially begun.....game on boys!
It's called underperforming last year with the talent they had. MA has had some pretty good teams with talent and this upcoming season they lose their starting QB, but definitely have some talent. I will probably go to the Palma v Menlo Atherton game. Palma offense should be very good this year (they should b competitive for league title but league will be pretty even with maybe 4 teams having a shot to win it....speed at skills (including a D1` prospect that is a junior) a god QB and return enough on line to be pretty good. defense will be a question mark because they have lots of underclass having to step up. Overall line will be a little undersized so may be tough matchup with MA, but Palma should be better than last season and they have skill players for the next two seasons and good line size coming up as underclass.

NorCalSportsFan is Money $$ when it comes to Palma and their opponents within the CCS so pay attention to his posts. NorCal is correct with his assessment of MA in regards to talent versus their results the last couple seasons & until that trend changes then MA just does not deserve being in NorCal's Top 20 [and BTW I am a supporter of MA within the CCS].

In response to CVC [Clayton Valley Charter] I'd already addressed their ranking & they will be included once they surpass their projected expectations - can;t be included over other teams based upon past performance, as simple as that may sound....[although DLS may certainly be the exception to that rule based upon longstanding supremacy in NorCal by the Green Machine].

I feel somewhat silly pointing out what should be obvious, but in this day and age it's far to easy to take the actions of a few outliers and label them as all (unfortunately we see it every night on the news). The majority of people now labeled as "typical" DLS and Folsom fans, I blocked long ago (yup, BOTH sides) and only see their gibberish when I feel lost in the conversation and turn on the "show ignored" long enough to catch a peek of the stupidity.

Based on my own personal experiences and observations, the posters here don't represent typical "DLS" or "Folsom" fans, players or coaches. I don't claim to know or represent all either BUT I can tell you that they have a lot more in common than they do differences.

Among those shared traits are a great respect and admiration for the players and coaches throughout the state that actually take the field on Friday nights and spend countless hours in preparation to represent their families, schools, teams and communities.

In this instance, between Folsom and DLS, both have had tremendous success and therefore have every reason to be proud. In regards to the upcoming match-up, I think anyone worth their salt knows that "To be the champ, you gotta beat the champ" and Folsom has that opportunity....again.

Hats off to all involved in making this game come to fruition. Regardless of the outcome, I believe the majority of the fans look forward to seeing the results of "their" teams hard work, are hoping for a great game, and will wish their opponent future success in the weeks that follow.

....you may now return to the nonsense and I will return to resisting the temptation to hit "show ignored" for a few more months.

Yes cashisking Pitt is def loaded with talent this season and could be something special. I agree with colhenry in that not that much separates Serra & St. Francis whom both return a large contingent of last years' teams. The difference between the 2 teams is that Serra returns their starting QB for his 3rd year on varsity - both teams will be very good.
St Francis should have a very good QB

SF's Jack Perry, Sr, QB/SS, 6-1, 195, converting from WR to QB this year I have heard was an underclass QB. He has a nice spin and arm and is athletic. It also seems Ryan Daly, Jr., QB, CB, 6-5, 210, transferred in from Sacred Heart Cathedral. Daly seems like he is more drop back type and will be surprised if he wins comp as a junior. St Francis will have excellent WRs and the threat of Page at RB, and stifling defense. Serra QB could be the difference, but St Francis could be better than last season when all is done. It will be a fun game to watch when they meet as well as the matchups with the socal teams early in the season.

Reactions: Rmbr26
I see NorCalPreps now has made most of their articles available only to paid subscribers including their "Top 20 Teams" pre-season. Once we get closer ALL the various sports web sites ass well as newspapers will publish their own top teams lists at no cost.

For those of you out their without a paid subscription here is a compiled list of the projected TOP 20 TEAMS pre-season for Northern CA. As we all know the list will change drastically within the first few games played, however this list should be a good indicator of most of the better teams.
Any teams fans feel should have been included? Ranked too high or too low? What teams will be much better than last year and which powerhouse teams will see a significant drop?
Of course the big question is those top 3 teams listed and if they'll stay in that order of ranking.

1] Folsom
2] Pitt
3] DLS
4] Liberty
5] Serra
6] Jesuit
7] Central Fresno
8] St. Francis
9] Del Oro
10] Buchanan [Clovis]
11] Oak Ridge
12] Freedom
13] Granite Bay
14] Sheldon
15] San Ramon Valley
16] St. Mary's
17] Valley Christian
18] Placer
19] Tulare Union
20] Inderkum

On the bubble: Antioch, Card Newman, Central Catholic, Mitty, Antelope
Central section looks really down. Maybe Central will be pretty good but other than that the TRAC teams look down as well as the Bakersfield teams. Maybe Central is where you have them. Mitty may be a top 20 - lots of talent and a star dual threat at QB. Liberty seems like it is more of a 10-20 type team. They had trouble scoring on some teams even with the offensive talent. I would put many of the SFL and WCAL teams ahead of them and Jesuit probably 4-6.

St Francis should have a very good QB

SF's Jack Perry, Sr, QB/SS, 6-1, 195, converting from WR to QB this year I have heard was an underclass QB. He has a nice spin and arm and is athletic. It also seems Ryan Daly, Jr., QB, CB, 6-5, 210, transferred in from Sacred Heart Cathedral. Daly seems like he is more drop back type and will be surprised if he wins comp as a junior. St Francis will have excellent WRs and the threat of Page at RB, and stifling defense. Serra QB could be the difference, but St Francis could be better than last season when all is done. It will be a fun game to watch when they meet as well as the matchups with the socal teams early in the season.

Norcal - very good knowledge on SF's Jack Perry and sounds like the QB who will lead SF this season. Not much separated these 2 teams last season with Serra pulling out a victory in regular season and Serra winning a nail biter in CCS playoffs in a game which could have gone either way. Both teams won state titles with Serra winning big over the better of the 2 opponents between the 2 teams.

Both of these teams return a solid core of players from last season with what looks like Serra having the edge on offense and possibly SF having an edge on D [though that remains to be seen]. I will analyze both upcoming to see what we can expect. At this point though it looks like the 2 teams could be #1 & #2 in CCS and both among the Top 10 in NorCal if not higher...

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
Rmbr, SF returns arguably the best RB in the league in Darrell Page. If the SF line controls the LOS, it will present problems for everyone. Also, the Lancers return WRs Wilmer and Evans. QB will be key - where Serra has the advantage with returning QB, Bottari.
Looking forward to your league preview. When can we expect your first team analysis?

The majority of people now labeled as "typical" DLS and Folsom fans, I blocked long ago (yup, BOTH sides) and only see their gibberish when I feel lost in the conversation and turn on the "show ignored" long enough to catch a peek of the stupidity.

Hello?

Hello?

Testing..... 1, 2, 3.....

Reactions: NorCalSportsFan
Definitely not true.
Signed every HS Football team and community with missing ballers in the East Bay

You are right, i generalized too much on that...i should have said many dls posters and fans do...as im sure many folsom fans do but we also want credit we deserve and nt be often hated on by many of people

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT