ADVERTISEMENT

Oakdale vs Folsom Predictions

They do

not have the best talent in the area lol but they do have good players that fit their system they are a well oiled machine from youth to high school...they win because a combo of talent and coaching

The combination of size and athleticism in their lineman and the speed and agility in their skill positions is unmatched by any other team in the area. Don't disagree with anything else you mention, as I said the same in my original post, but they are not wiping teams off the field just because of coaching and the youth program and just good players....they have talent.

we switched to spread so give us some tint to figure it out and you'll see how "athletes" are in space naw all jokes aside grant in spread can be dangerous we just need to borrow yall back up qb

What's the story with the QB situation? I know you guys were down to like your 4th QB for the 1st two games. Who is supposed to be the starter and when are they coming back?

I haven't seen our long time Grant supporters on here much lately, so you're our only source of inside info!

What's the story with the QB situation? I know you guys were down to like your 4th QB for the 1st two games. Who is supposed to be the starter and when are they coming back?

I haven't seen our long time Grant supporters on here much lately, so you're our only source of inside info!
Our top guy chad Elliot's son transfered
#1 is out for the year with a issue with his head
And our transfer qb isn't eligible to play yet
So rightnow we are just winging it lol we have a loaded team this first time in a long time al isn't calling plays and he's calling defensive plays tho

The combination of size and athleticism in their lineman and the speed and agility in their skill positions is unmatched by any other team in the area. Don't disagree with anything else you mention, as I said the same in my original post, but they are not wiping teams off the field just because of coaching and the youth program and just good players....they have talent.
I think inderkum can match Folsom and I know grant can match Folsom every year we might lose the chess match and it's a much we will get to see every year starting next year

The first two games, we could have put 80 on the board. Most starters were out the whole 4th quarter, it not longer. Even after halftime, it was mostly runs to keep the clock moving.

One of my Jesuit buddies claims that Folsom had the starting QB in the line up at the end of the game and had him throw a slant for a TD, rubbing it into Jesuit's already bleeding corpse, practically as time expired, up 48-9.

One of my Jesuit buddies claims that Folsom had the starting QB in the line up at the end of the game and had him throw a slant for a TD, rubbing it into Jesuit's already bleeding corpse, practically as time expired, up 48-9.
The video is online. He threw 2 slants for TDs at the end of the game. Jesuit had their starters in and were still slinging it. No reason to call off the dogs then. Still could have scored 80. Ran most of the second half.

I saw the late TD pass you are referring to, and I understand the game was out of hand at this point.
When teams have found themselves with a running clock, both teams and that point basically should mutually concede by running the ball-and def plays base defense and the clock runs out and coaches shake hands.
When you are on the losing end and think 'now is the time we can tee-off and blitz the run', you are liable to get burned by an RPO (its part of Folsom base offense). You cant think you are a smart coach for making a blitz call in that situation because you 'know' Folsom is going to run it, and then when you get burned by your call say 'Folsom guys a poor sports for rubbing it in'. Own it, get better, have a chip on your shoulder for next time, but OWN it. Am i crazy?

Were the slants caught by one of the brothers who's family actually lives in Reno and should be going to Reed High School? Or was it another receiver?:confused:

I saw the late TD pass you are referring to, and I understand the game was out of hand at this point.
When teams have found themselves with a running clock, both teams and that point basically should mutually concede by running the ball-and def plays base defense and the clock runs out and coaches shake hands.
When you are on the losing end and think 'now is the time we can tee-off and blitz the run', you are liable to get burned by an RPO (its part of Folsom base offense). You cant think you are a smart coach for making a blitz call in that situation because you 'know' Folsom is going to run it, and then when you get burned by your call say 'Folsom guys a poor sports for rubbing it in'. Own it, get better, have a chip on your shoulder for next time, but OWN it. Am i crazy?
Spot on.

50+ is an exaggeration obviously. I will re word it just for you saying, "Browning throwing streaks in the 4th quarter up ALOT when the game is obviously out of reach." and I am not going to waste my time going through old Folsom football games on youtube to find a clip for you.... its just known this happened like it or not. I have a job and have better things to do in my spare time than dig through old Folsom football games.

50+ is an exaggeration obviously.
Obviously. Just proves your trolling. And if you don't have time to find these clips that back up your outlandish claims, you shouldn't have time to be in here trolling because your team gets spanked by us everywhere. Deal with it and get better as CityOfTrees said.

Reactions: eaglepuss
@playsomeball I know you already have stated that you believe Oakdale will be able to limit Folsom's offense and keep the score relatively close. I'm wondering what type of outcome/score you foresee?

First, I want to say, Folsom will win this game. I believe Folsom will come out explosive and score a couple of times on Oakdale right off the get go....Oakdale will make the adjustments and start scoring.

I think Folsom wins by 17....

Reactions: ThunderRam
Obviously. Just proves your trolling. And if you don't have time to find these clips that back up your outlandish claims, you shouldn't have time to be in here trolling because your team gets spanked by us everywhere. Deal with it and get better as CityOfTrees said.
my team? the Raiders? I do not have a high school team... I am just a fan of high school football. and how am I trolling anyone? Because I threw a random number out there " 50" do get a point across? did you go to Folsom High School? because your responses sound like that of someone without a high school diploma.

and as for an outlandish claim? I believe 90% of people on norcalpreps would agree with my outlandish claim.

Great thread. Thread about Folsom versus Oakdale turns into:

Jake Browning throwing it up 50 in the 4th
Transfer rumors
Better athletes elsewhere
Folsom running up the score on Jesuit
Folsom can't beat DLS
Folsom got beat by DLS in 2012 and 2013
Rocklin Thunder almost beat them one year

Lol. Awesome stuff guys.

If you can honestly sit here on this message board and tell me that Folsom did not run up scores with starters in the 4th quarter during Browning's TD record years then I do not know what to tell ya. maybe get some help?

Using proper grammar on a message board forum... is not the same as sounding like a 12 year old spoiled brat from Folsom in your posts. sorry to tell you this.

If you can honestly sit here on this message board and tell me that Folsom did not run up scores with starters in the 4th quarter during Browning's TD record years then I do not know what to tell ya. maybe get some help?
There's a video of every game. Post your proof. You've spent the last 30 min arguing your point on here, yet say you don't have time to provide proof. I'm still waiting.

Reactions: eaglepuss

So you call the RPO at the goal line to avoid handing it to your back because the Jesuit guys have already injured two of your backs on this drive alone? Ah....I get it. That's why you leave the starting QB in. Because its not garbage time.

So you call the RPO at the goal line to avoid handing it to your back because the Jesuit guys have already injured two of your backs on this drive alone? Ah....I get it. That's why you leave the starting QB in. Because its not garbage time.
If the other team wants mercy, they put in the 2nd string. We put ours in. When the other team is still slinging it, that means they want to play! I'm all for it. IndianPride snowflakes want mercy in the 4th quarter. Not good, hard nosed teams.

I think it's a self esteem thing. Jesuit is a private school being dominated by various SFL publics. They were trying to score meaningless TDs at the end so the score wouldn't "look so bad." All the more reason to stay in the game. If you don't like it, get better.

We put ours in. .

Except the QB, apparently. And from what I can tell, many other first stringers who were still on the field.

When the other team is still slinging it, that means they want to play! I'm all for it.

I can see that. Perfect time to let your full second string do it. That way you don't suffer injuries to your starters and you give real game experience to the back ups.

I think it's a self esteem thing.

It most certainly is. Good sportsmanship would normally call for allowing the loser some self esteem. And, perhaps, allowing your backups some self esteem.

Except the QB, apparently. And from what I can tell, many other first stringers who were still on the field.

I can see that. Perfect time to let your full second string do it. That way you don't suffer injuries to your starters and you give real game experience to the back ups.

It most certainly is. Good sportsmanship would normally call for allowing the loser some self esteem. And, perhaps, allowing your backups some self esteem.
To each their own. If you don't like it, get better. Give it back.

Alabama isn't letting up on McNeese State. Lol

Ive seen a lot of late TD scores by the bulldogs on screen and RPO reads. Don't blitz the house during a running clock and you wont feel as embarrassed maybe? IDK. Ei. Woodcreek vs. Jake as Soph first Varsity start 10 TD performance.

A stat worth looking into, how much of Jake Brownings stats came in the first half compared to the second half. I think you'll get your answer as to how and where he did his damage. In 2014, Jake threw a TD vs Rocklin in the 4th (but like you said that was the closest game all year), He threw a TD vs Tracy in the 4th to set a career record for TDs (special moment), He threw a TD vs Grant in the 4th because they sent a CB blitz and left dude wide open, He threw 2 TD vs Oceanside in the 4th (one a screen, the other a 2 yd slant and it was his last HS GAME!). Thats all the damage he did in the 4th qtr of games. So 5 TDs for Jake Browning in the 4th qtr of all games for the 2014 season. FACTS

Alabama isn't letting up on McNeese State. Lol

Well, it seems to me that many of the second half scores in those type of games are made by back ups. For example, this past weekend, I saw Steven Carr, a big recruit from last year's cycle, scoring one against Western Michigan. I don't imagine that Steven Carr is the starter at USC.

First, I want to say, Folsom will win this game. I believe Folsom will come out explosive and score a couple of times on Oakdale right off the get go....Oakdale will make the adjustments and start scoring.

I think Folsom wins by 17....

Seems reasonable to me. Perhaps the Mustangs will surpass even your expectations and put up an even better fight than that?

Regardless of what happens, I give Coach Merzon a lot of credit for challenging his program to this degree. Scheduling up usually worked out well for Casey Taylor and Del Oro during his tenure there. I think Oakdale will benefit from the experience the same, as Folsom is better than any challenge they'll face in the VOL or D3 playoffs.

I think inderkum can match Folsom and I know grant can match Folsom every year we might lose the chess match and it's a much we will get to see every year starting next year

If you think Inderkum can match Folsom then maybe Oakdale has some sort of a chance. I believe Inderkum runs the wing t also. Oakdale has beat Inderkum the last 2 times they met up. I believe Oakdale beat Inderkum by 2 TD's 2 years ago.

We shall see tomorrow night what Oakdale's got!!!

If you think Inderkum can match Folsom then maybe Oakdale has some sort of a chance. I believe Inderkum runs the wing t also. Oakdale has beat Inderkum the last 2 times they met up. I believe Oakdale beat Inderkum by 2 TD's 2 years ago.

I think @future10 comments are coming from an athlete and speed perspective. For example, INDY has an elite athlete in Isaah Crocker -- which Oakdale doesn't have a player on the roster with similar ability. Also, this is a different season and Oakdale may not be as good as Inderkum. We don't know yet. Last year and the year before has no relevance.

I think @future10 comments are coming from an athlete and speed perspective. For example, INDY has an elite athlete in Isaah Crocker -- which Oakdale doesn't have a player on the roster with similar ability. Also, this is a different season and Oakdale may not be as good as Inderkum. We don't know yet. Last year and the year before has no relevance.

I'm very aware that Indy and Oak are different teams than years past. Every year is different as we all know.

Oakdale frosh team just beat Folsom tonight 19-14.... Hoping our Varsity can do the same

Reactions: ThunderRam
That's exactly where I'm coming from inderkum is getting better athletes now they just don't have great size upfront I haven't watched oakdale so I can't really comment on them but inderkum has been producing top recruits lately...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT