ADVERTISEMENT

Serra vs. Tulare Union

Unless I'm wrong the initial adrenaline for T.U. has worn off and Serra is simply too physical for their D-line. T.U. looks like they're wearing down in the 1rst 1/2. But my oh my that RB of T.U. is something!

Serra substituting has players coming onto field as play is napped and gives up a 79 yard TD run - should have called a time-out.

Interesting the announcers have repeatedly said the TU RB cannot run inside Serra's tackles and can only run outside, which is where he is doing all his damage. I wonder when Serra coaching will make the adjustment to the outside [?]

3rd TD for coker. 41-22. I'm going home. It got too cold out here lol.
41-22 at the half, like I predicted, Allen is good but these teams are on a completely different playing field. Might be 80-35 at this Pace with Serra getting ball to begin 2nd half. TU has sat in a 5 man box and got mauled between the tackles. I am looking forward to watching Allen at the next level. Anyone know who Serra will get in State a title game?

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
41-22 at the half, like I predicted, Allen is good but these teams are on a completely different playing field. Might be 80-35 at this Pace with Serra getting ball to begin 2nd half. TU has sat in a 5 man box and got mauled between the tackles. I am looking forward to watching Allen at the next level. Anyone know who Serra will get in State a title game?

What division are they in

Ok I see 2AA they get the winner of Rancho Verde and Cajon and right now that looks like Cajon because they are up at the Half 50-14

Totally agree JCBUST. This is the same thing I was saying for the entire week. T.U. is a good team but not on the level of Serra or any top private school in the WCAL.

Mike Ditka and Lawrence Taylor just committed hari kari in front of a live audience in Tulare. Defense? We don't got to show you no stinking defense!

With a running clock why would Allen be in the ballgame, why risk injury for a next level guy. The TU DC may be looking for a new job, looked like he was running the 4-7 Monster against that Tight offense. TU looked about as prepared on defense as the Ethiopian Army vs. Italy a century ago.....no answer.

Reactions: Brodiemaster
With a running clock why would Allen be in the ballgame, why risk injury for a next level guy. The TU DC may be looking for a new job, looked like he was running the 4-7 Monster against that Tight offense. TU looked about as prepared on defense as the Ethiopian Army vs. Italy a century ago.....no answer.

Did they go 13-0 (now 13-1) without getting a kickoff past the 35?

In the end TU was 1-dimensional relying on RB Allen and not much else. Not sure about TU coaching pooch-kicking it & giving Serra ball at mid-field repeatedly [HUh?].
Announcers for game were brutal first sounding like TU homers & then blasting TU coaching for bad coaching - have to say some of their comments were spot on. Personally I do not think the TU coaches were well prepared for Serra, esp on defense as Serra running the ball was a total mismatch. Anyway I can see where TU was 13-0 in many leagues, however the "tip-off" was the 70 TD's by their RB Allen. Absolutely ridiculously numbers and a tip-off to TU's somewhat very soft schedule. Upon further review though & points scored Tulare Union was quite a team. Unfortunately against another very good team they could score, but were also unable to defend the other team, giving up on avg 5 yards per rush to "Sierra", Lol!

Serra traveled well ... brought a lot of fans. Tulare Union side was packed, as expected. The Tribe's Kazmeir Allen is a blur ... Serra coach Walsh told Mitch Stephens he's maybe the best prep player he's ever seen. Serra overwhelmed Tulare Union physically. It also got COLD, in the 40s I read. Felt like it.

I'm not sure if one of the announcers said that Kazmeir Allen runs a 10.4 100 meters - anyone who can confirm his speed? I think what coach Walsh may have said was that Allen was "the fastest he's ever seen"[?]. I saw Jahvid Best in HS who ran a 10.3 hundred in state track finals and also Eric Wright at Riordan who went on to the NFL as did Best. Both of those RB's were at adifferent level than the other players on the field, but Kazmeir Allen to me looked faster than either Best or Wright. I think 'blur" is an accurate description.

I'm not sure if one of the announcers said that Kazmeir Allen runs a 10.4 100 meters - anyone who can confirm his speed? I think what coach Walsh may have said was that Allen was "the fastest he's ever seen"[?]. I saw Jahvid Best in HS who ran a 10.3 hundred in state track finals and also Eric Wright at Riordan who went on to the NFL as did Best. Both of those RB's were at adifferent level than the other players on the field, but Kazmeir Allen to me looked faster than either Best or Wright. I think 'blur" is an accurate description.
Rmbr26 I agree. I too believe Kazmeir may be faster than Best and possibly faster than the fasted NorCal player ever Skyline's (Oakland) Kenny O'neal. I remember Best running a 10.36 as well and I also remember O'neal running a NorCal best 10.3 flat hundred meters. Kazmeir may be faster than both their times when the track season rolls around. I'll say another thing, as a USC fan I'm very concerned with UCLA having the services of Kazmeir in Chip Kelly's offense for the next 3 to 4 years. USC coach Helton may be looking for another gig sooner than he expected.

Rmbr26 I agree. I too believe Kazmeir may be faster than Best and possibly faster than the fasted NorCal player ever Skyline's (Oakland) Kenny O'neal. I remember Best running a 10.36 as well and I also remember O'neal running a NorCal best 10.3 flat hundred meters. Kazmeir may be faster than both their times when the track season rolls around. I'll say another thing, as a USC fan I'm very concerned with UCLA having the services of Kazmeir in Chip Kelly's offense for the next 3 to 4 years. USC coach Helton may be looking for another gig sooner than he expected.

Kazmeir is more of a quick RB...flat out first 10 yards and step wise extremely quick and he moves side to side while moving North. I don't think he is a fast as the former Crenshaw RB De'Anthony Thomas (Black Mamba) which in some was he minds me of. No way he is even close to former Skyline's Kenny O'Neal who was bigger and faster and stronger and also a WR (different position). I saw O'Neal many times play in high school and if you put them in a race flat out O'Neal would be looking at Kazmeir in hhis rearview mirror. . O'Neal was more of a straight flat out speedster and trackstar. Kazmeir and Thomas are about the same size and I think speed wise. Thomas was a 4.5 40 and Kazmeir between 4.5-4.6.

No doubt Kazmeir is a great RB and his prospects at UCLA is very high.

Looks like they're going to have a shoot out with cajon next week. Cajon will match them score for score.

I had night terrors last night, woke up and Serra had scored again and again and again!

Looks like they're going to have a shoot out with cajon next week. Cajon will match them score for score.
Agree, because when you look at the surface of this game it leads you to believe it could be a 59-58 type score. Winner could be the team with the ball last or the team with the better defense on that day.

Junkie - I like the comparison of "the black mamba" to Allen. While we were talking about speed, etc we didn't touch much on his value as a kick or punt returner. What a weapon to have deep on kick-off or mid-field on a punt.
While Serra didn't have to utilize their punter they were smart to pooch kit the kickoffs over & over again. Surprised T.U. Coach didn't instruct the up-men to catch & then pitch back to Allen.

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Junkie - I like the comparison of "the black mamba" to Allen. While we were talking about speed, etc we didn't touch much on his value as a kick or punt returner. What a weapon to have deep on kick-off or mid-field on a punt.
While Serra didn't have to utilize their punter they were smart to pooch kit the kickoffs over & over again. Surprised T.U. Coach didn't instruct the up-men to catch & then pitch back to Allen.

The one time they decided to kick it long, Kazmeir almost took it to the house. He got ankle tackled by the kicker after an 80 yard run.

As we have pointed out before, the current St. Francis roster lists players who live in 25 different cities, from Gilroy to San Bruno and from Hayward to Milpitas. The very definition of a select, non-neighborhood team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT