#6 Bear River 28

SJS D6:
#6 Hilmar 24
#4 Modesto Christian 21

SJS D7:
#2 Ripon Christian 21
#1 Rio Vista 20

Highly doubt Folsom gets to 52 points.
Considering in the second game of the year, a much less coherent, less efficient, Folsom Offense that committed more fouls and more mistakes easily put up 55, I don’t think 52 is unlikely for the now we’ll oiled machine.

Folsom 52-14

Folsom very well may win by that score. However, under Blanton, Jesuit is typically a much better team at this point in the season than they are early in the season. Just look at the 2013 season when Folsom beat Jesuit 56-14 in the regular season, but “only” 42-35 in the playoffs...

Considering in the second game of the year, a much less coherent, less efficient, Folsom Offense that committed more fouls and more mistakes easily put up 55, I don’t think 52 is unlikely for the now we’ll oiled machine.
What you're failing to realize is Jesuit's offense will sustain longer drives which will eat up more of the clock this time around. They will also put up more than 9 points on Friday. I'll be shocked if the team in Red & Blue puts up more than 40 points on Jesuit this time.

SJS D1:
#1 Folsom 49
#4 Jesuit 28

#2 Oak Ridge 34 (OT)
St. Mary’s 28

SJS D2:
#1 Granite Bay
Del Campo 28

Central Catholic 21
#7 Del Oro 24 (OT)

SJS D3:
#1 Oakdale 42
#4 Patterson 14

#2 Manteca 21
#3 Christian Brothers 28

SJS D4:
#1 Placer 42
#3 Center 21

SJS D5:
#5 Colfax 21
#6 Bear River 28

SJS D6:
#6 Hilmar 21
#4 Modesto Christian 14

SJS D7:
#2 Ripon Christian 28
#1 Rio Vista 21

What you're failing to realize is Jesuit's offense will sustain longer drives which will eat up more of the clock this time around. They will also put up more than 9 points on Friday. I'll be shocked if the team in Red & Blue puts up more than 40 points on Jesuit this time.
What makes you think they will sustain longer drives? Loosing Burke will make it a tougher this time around to sustain drives IMO. They went to the long ball vs. Vaca and got it done... I will be interested to see the what strategy Blanton goes with. If Jesuit can make Folsom earn their scores and not give up quick scores, only then do I see the score being as you predict "junkie". Anything can happen given that it is a rematch in playoff atmosphere.

What makes you think they will sustain longer drives? Loosing Burke will make it a tougher this time around to sustain drives IMO. They went to the long ball vs. Vaca and got it done... I will be interested to see the what strategy Blanton goes with. If Jesuit can make Folsom earn their scores and not give up quick scores, only then do I see the score being as you predict "junkie". Anything can happen given that it is a rematch in playoff atmosphere.
Good points but I think Blanton will come up with a great game plan to sustain drives. One monkey or in this case player doesn't stop the show.

D1 Winners:

Folsom and Oak Ridge

D2 Winners:

Granite Bay and Central Catholic

D3 Winners:

Oakdale and Manteca

D4 Winner:

Placer

D5 Winner:

Bear River

D6 Winner:

Modesto Christian

D7 Winner:

Ripon Christian

Reactions: s2h17
Jesuit is big, but slow from what I seen when they played Vacaville. I do see them scoring some though, because of their size, ( receivers and rest of team).

Jesuit has size but if you spread them out you’ll see their size is a disadvantage at the linebacker spot

SJS D1:
#1 Folsom 42
#4 Jesuit 24

#2 Oak Ridge 34
#3 St. Mary’s 27

SJS D2:
#1 Granite Bay 24
#4 Del Campo 20

#3 Central Catholic 34
#7 Del Oro 16

SJS D3:
#1 Oakdale 42
#4 Patterson 14

#2 Manteca 35
#3 Christian Brothers 27

SJS D1:
#1 Folsom 42
Jesuit 21
Folsom won 27-14

#2 Oak Ridge 35
St. Mary’s 28
St. Mary's won 38-24

SJS D2:
#1 Granite Bay
Del Campo 20
Granite Bay won 9-7

Central Catholic 28
#7 Del Oro 14
Del Oro won 23-12

SJS D3:
#1 Oakdale 35
#4 Patterson 24
Oakdale won 63-27

#2 Manteca 28
#3 Christian Brothers 20
Manteca won 43-38

SJS D4:
#1 Placer 34
#3 Center 28

SJS D5:
#5 Colfax 31
#6 Bear River 28

SJS D6:
#6 Hilmar 24
#4 Modesto Christian 21

SJS D7:
#2 Ripon Christian 21
#1 Rio Vista 20
#1 Folsom 42
Jesuit 21
Folsom won 27-14

#2 Oak Ridge 35
St. Mary’s 28
St. Mary's won 38-24

SJS D2:
#1 Granite Bay
Del Campo 20
Granite Bay won 9-7

Central Catholic 28
#7 Del Oro 14
Del Oro won 23-12

SJS D3:
#1 Oakdale 35
#4 Patterson 24
Oakdale won 63-27

#2 Manteca 28
#3 Christian Brothers 20
Manteca won 43-38

Folsom is the clear cut favorite to win the SJS D1 Section Championship. As projected per Calpreps:

neutral field
[2017] Folsom (CA) 42, [2017] St. Mary's (Stockton, CA) 26

Once again, I am putting my homer hat on and going with the upset. Yes, as elusive the Folsom QB, Bennett, is, I believe the Rams defense will find a way to pressure him and make the stops when he tries to run. The big challenge for the Rams D will be defending against the Ngata brothers and other quick WR's, especially the deep ball. I know SS, #22 Tre Jenkins, will be ready. For Folsom, the challenge awaits to stop #21 Dusty "Freight Train" Frampton. The Bulldogs must stop him before he gets started. Because once he gets past the line he will be chewing up yards big-time. Like Oak Ridge, last year Folsom had a hard time stopping the Freight Train. Last night, Oak Ridge once again, could not stop him. And if they did, Hunter Low, took advantage of open lanes for big yards. Still, this year, Folsom has the advantage at the line, whereas last year, it was the Rams with this huge advantage. I also believe as athletic the Folsom players are, the Rams track stars in Jamar Marshall and Joseph Fontes are going to be a factor. Marshall was huge with his 99 yard TD kickoff return. Fontes is even faster (fastest 100m in the state for a sophomore last year). Aponte's turf toe should be feeling better with another week to go. Aponte was huge vs Folsom last year. As much as Folsom wants to avenge last year's huge loss vs the Rams, IMHO, it's going to have to wait another year. Picking my Rams with the huge upset OT victory. It' going to be one helluva game, a big shootout. GO SM RAMS!!! Let's do it again!

Once again, I am putting my homer hat on and going with the upset. Yes, as elusive the Folsom QB, Bennett, is, I believe the Rams defense will find a way to pressure him and make the stops when he tries to run. The big challenge for the Rams D will be defending against the Ngata brothers and other quick WR's, especially the deep ball. I know SS, #22 Tre Jenkins, will be ready. For Folsom, the challenge awaits to stop #21 Dusty "Freight Train" Frampton. The Bulldogs must stop him before he gets started. Because once he gets past the line he will be chewing up yards big-time. Like Oak Ridge, last year Folsom had a hard time stopping the Freight Train. Last night, Oak Ridge once again, could not stop him. And if they did, Hunter Low, took advantage of open lanes for big yards. Still, this year, Folsom has the advantage at the line, whereas last year, it was the Rams with this huge advantage. I also believe as athletic the Folsom players are, the Rams track stars in Jamar Marshall and Joseph Fontes are going to be a factor. Marshall was huge with his 99 yard TD kickoff return. Fontes is even faster (fastest 100m in the state for a sophomore last year). Aponte's turf toe should be feeling better with another week to go. Aponte was huge vs Folsom last year. As much as Folsom wants to avenge last year's huge loss vs the Rams, IMHO, it's going to have to wait another year. Picking my Rams with the huge upset OT victory. It' going to be one helluva game, a big shootout. GO SM RAMS!!! Let's do it again!

Pretty good analysis. I think Folsom's LB crew is a bit better than those that took part in last year's game. There's a little more size there and Folsom won't be missing a starter there due to injury. Plus, Folsom should have Lara out there after missing the Jesuit game with a rash. Still, Frampton was ripping off 12 yard carries almost everytime he touched that ball last year. If Folsom's defense cannot stop that, Folsom will likely get beat. Yet, in St. Mary's, you have a defense that allowed Oak Ridge to throw all over them. in forecasting how Folsom might do against St. Mary's pass defense, you'd have to say Folsom has better athletes running routes than did Oak Ridge - but the QB's are totally different. Accuracy, arm strength, execution of the called play versus athleticism, chaos and improvisation. I think the later works fine until you run into a highly athletic secondary and then your point totals start to feel the effects. Might want to stick with solid execution a little more against St. Mary's.

Last edited:
Folsom is the clear cut favorite to win the SJS D1 Section Championship. As projected per Calpreps:

neutral field
[2017] Folsom (CA) 42, [2017] St. Mary's (Stockton, CA) 26

I wouldn't put much stock into Calpreps predictions I'm beating them in the CCS predictions 4-3. At this point without looking at tape or reviewing previous games and match-ups I would say the Rams will be the victor. I'll have my predictions at the end of the week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT