Friday:

D6 Turlock Christian vs. Vacaville Christian 12:00 PM
D4 Liberty Ranch vs. Sonora 4:00 PM
D2 Grant vs. St. Mary's 8:00 PM

Saturday

D5 Brookside Christian vs. Argonaut 12:00 PM
D3 Weston Ranch vs. Central Catholic 4:00 PM
D1 Sheldon vs. Modesto Christian 8:00 PM

Streak, thoughts on the D1 finals? I think most of us had this game circled very early on in the season and some for the Norcal open as well. (but Salesian has something to say about that). Gotta think MC is a favorite "IF" Bagley doesn't play. Hard team to figure out but def seemed to have stepped it up recently. Big size advantage if they can exploit it. But on the quickness and guard end Sheldon is tough. Should be fun out at G1.

wow... d4 boys are gonna break the scoreboard at this pace... 29-26 Sonora ahead of Liberty Ranch after 1!

Scoring has slowed to a more typical pace... 3rd quarter ends with the score tied at 57. Terrific ballgame!

I’m not there... watching on NFHS. hooray for the internet!

5:50 to go 4th... 61-59 Sonora. Sonora calls TO after having trouble getting ball inbounds...

Liberty Ranch now up 63-61, 3:49 left... they’ve nailed four straight ft’s.

Sonora runs off 7 straight... and have the rock. 68-63 with 1:23 left. too-early shot no good... Liberty gets to the line... both good, 1:13 left, 68-65 Sonora, Sonora ball.

But they turn it over! Liberty shot, corner 3... Good! tied at 68. Sonora now has ball, 33 secs left in game, 6 on the shot clock...

hotly contested corner 3 for Sonora... Good!! 71-68, but Liberty answers with 2 ft’s after missed shot and rebound battle... 71-70. 22 secs left, Sonora ball and lead...

Immediate foul... Sonora ft’s. Good, 2-point lead.. time out. one more ft... Good. 3- point lead, Liberty gets off a 3... nope. immediate foul. front end missed... one more desperation 3... nope. Sonora leads 73-70 with a second left... and have the ball. Nearly threw it away, but Sonora gets it in and hangs on! Terrific game...

Watch as I magically fly to St Mary’s now... virtually, anyway! Yay internet!

Streak, thoughts on the D1 finals? I think most of us had this game circled very early on in the season and some for the Norcal open as well. (but Salesian has something to say about that). Gotta think MC is a favorite "IF" Bagley doesn't play. Hard team to figure out but def seemed to have stepped it up recently. Big size advantage if they can exploit it. But on the quickness and guard end Sheldon is tough. Should be fun out at G1.

I would lean toward Sheldon but the injuries could be enough to swing it. I think Bagley swings it either way. I was impressed with how Modesto Christian played at Folsom in the semis

Sheldon is also with out 6-11 Josh Morgan (signed with Long Beach state) and is rivals top 150. Bagley also a top 150. Don’t know too many teams still competing at this level without 2 big time players. Sheldon has had only 2 players play every game this year .

Sheldon is also with out 6-11 Josh Morgan (signed with Long Beach state) and is rivals top 150. Bagley also a top 150. Don’t know too many teams still competing at this level without 2 big time players. Sheldon has had only 2 players play every game this year .

Yes on Morgan's absence being a big impact too. His injury and status was more well established IMO. The combination of Bagly/Morgan with the guards Sheldon had for a really tough matchup combination.

How many teams have the talent and depth of Sheldon. Without those two, they may still have the best 5 in NorCal. Tough and battle tested guards can’t be overlooked. Morgan is a defensive presence for sure and him being gone hurts. Bagley not playing is a plus if Morgan had not been hurt. When Bagley plays, Sheldon is playing 4 on 5 at the defensive end. I started the year riding with Sheldon and Modesto. Modesto has disappointed but are playing some great ball at the moment and I’m sticking with Sheldon to win it all.

HEAT give it a rest. You returned the best talent in norcal, added Bagley, Morgan and Heede and on top of that added 3 stud transfers in the last month from Bradshaw Christian. Quit pretending you are overachieving with a bunch of scrubs. Sierra Canyon is the only team in the state who has more talent then you.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Who in the .... said anything about overachieving. Everyone is Bagley this and “IF “ Bagley that. I was more making it known that Morgan is not playing which is a huge loss.

Last edited:
Going to be a great game. The size of Murphy, Tsartsidze, and Merkvildaze for MC is going to tough for Sheldon if Bagley is a no go. With the 2 bigs sheldon was definitely the north rep. I think its a little more up in the air now. Should be a great one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT