Hall of Famer
Mar 10, 2006
Vintage 14 - Acalanes 13 at half

Monte Vista 7 - San Leandro 0 at half

Monterey Trail 27 - SRV 0 at half

Cal 30 - Freedom 21 in 2nd quarter

DLS 21 - St. Francis 0 in 2nd quarter

Manteca 29 - Granada 0 in 3rd quarter

St. Mary’s 21 Central Catholic 0 halftime.

The Rams D looking great tonight. #5 Noah May and the sophomore #2 Jadyn Marshall looking good tonight as well.

Last edited:
Vintage 20 - Acalanes 13 in 3rd quarter

Monte Vista 20 - San Leandro Final

Monterey Trail 48 - SRV 6 Final

Cal 44 - Freedom 40 Final

DLS 41 - St. Francis 0 in 3rd quarter

Manteca 50 - Granada 0 Final

Seaside 21 - BOD 14 in 2nd quarter

Bethel 33 - College Park 20 Final

Foothill 59 - Petaluma 0 Final

Wood 42 - Deer Valley 16 in 4th quarter

SPSV 41 -Alhambra 21 Final

Lincoln (Stockton) 17 - Antioch 6 in 2nd

Livermore 20 - Windsor 14 Final

Middleton 41 - Concord 6 Final

Dublin 22 - Laguna Creek 21 Final

Lincoln 30 - Antioch 12 in 3rd

Seaside 27 - BOD 14 Final

Cathedral Catholic beats Centennial 44-41
Cathedral Catholic is Very Impressive this year... They look like a Bigger version of DLS... I thought they were slower, but they put it on “The Real CC” tonight with 44 Points!!!!.... Just like DLS has done in the SBG...

Wether it’s DLS, Folsom Serra, VC or whoever the 1-AA game is going to be a great match up!!!...

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Final: St. Mary’s 42 Central Catholic 7

Central Catholic is a young team this year. I am surprised, too. The Raiders OL/DL appeared less experienced, even though the Rams OL/DL is young, too. I expected a much closer game.

Rams secondary played much better. Rams OL/DL controlled the line of scrimmage from the very beginning, stopping the Raiders on 4 downs very first series and it wasn’t much easier the rest of the way. Rams missed out on their first scoring opportunity with a missed 35 yard FG (wide left). The Rams big weapon was #2 Jadyn Marshall. And as I shared earlier, Noah May played really well. I believe he completed his first 4 or 5 passes, much better start than vs Pittsburg where he was a bit off target. Next week’s game should be a good one. I have to give the edge to Serra considering how well they played vs Pittsburg. But, I will be rooting for the Rams for the upset. GO RAMS!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: jordan24 and MC415
Final: St. Mary’s 42 Central Catholic 7

Central Catholic is a young team this year. I am surprised, too. The Raiders OL/DL appeared less experienced, even though the Rams OL/DL is young, too. I expected a much closer game.

Rams secondary played much better. Rams OL/DL controlled the line of scrimmage from the very beginning, stopping the Raiders on 4 downs very first series and it wasn’t much easier the rest of the way. Rams missed out on their first scoring opportunity with a missed 35 yard FG (wide left). The Rams big weapon was #2 Jadyn Marshall. And as I shared earlier, Noah May played really well. I believe he completed his first 4 or 5 passes, much better start than vs Pittsburg where he was a bit off target. Next week’s game should be a good one. I have to give the edge to Serra considering how well they played vs Pittsburg. But, I will be rooting for the Rams for the upset. GO RAMS!!!
That should be a very interesting game. Do you know where it will be played?

Seaside over BOD... what’s that about??

Appears to be a down year for the 0-2 Dragons. With their next 3 games against Pitt, Monte Vista and Placer, there’s a very good chance they’ll start 0-5. Good thing they didn’t schedule DLS this season.

Monterey Trail is legit. They out a beating on San Ramon and were up 48-0 after three. Checked out some of their lineman and athletes...absolute beasts

Monterey Trail is better this year than they were last year, from a coach who played them both years.

Del Oro 33-28 over Spanish Springs of Sparks.

Last edited:
Appears to be a down year for the 0-2 Dragons. With their next 3 games against Pitt, Monte Vista and Placer, there’s a very good chance they’ll start 0-5. Good thing they didn’t schedule DLS this season.
Seaside played ground n pound football and dominated BOD up front. Maybe a huge swing for both squads from where they were last year?

I was told last night Monterey Trail is better this year than they were last year by a coach who played them both years.

Obviously, I would hope that to be true, especially since the 2018 team was arguably the best in school history. One really compelling piece of evidence for the quality of the 2019 team is the offensive line. It returned three starters who all had excellent seasons last year (Argumedo, Snipes, and Ramirez). It added a new senior starter who was a dominant D-line starter from last season (Keanon) and is rounded out by a young guard (Talakai) and tight end (Banwait) who played many years of Jr. Mustangs. There is a nice mix of size, athleticism, and tenacity that really helps the running backs get the seams they need.

Obviously, I would hope that to be true, especially since the 2018 team was arguably the best in school history. One really compelling piece of evidence for the quality of the 2019 team is the offensive line. It returned three starters who all had excellent seasons last year (Argumedo, Snipes, and Ramirez). It added a new senior starter who was a dominant D-line starter from last season (Keanon) and is rounded out by a young guard (Talakai) and tight end (Banwait) who played many years of Jr. Mustangs. There is a nice mix of size, athleticism, and tenacity that really helps the running backs get the seams they need.
When I looked up their lineman on the roster they looked like they were in their mid 20's. Looks like a real physical team that is going to give everyone fits this year ..... maybe even Folsom?

I was told last night Monterey Trail is better this year than they were last year by a coach who played them both years.
It seems to be a blessing that MT is in a weaker league. This has given them the time to find a passing game to go with their physical run game. I've always believed if MT find themselves a passing game they'll be hell to beat. Just don't know why it took them so long to implement one. Better late then never. Not being so predictable on offense will make the Mustangs a NorCal power for years. Will the next step for them be DLS, Serra, VC or Pitt???

Reactions: RidgeRider
In the SJS, Folsom is on top of the mountain everyone else has to climb. They are loaded with talent and do a great job executing their scheme. They have been and seem to still be on a different level than every other program. It is far too early in the season for any team to think they have closed that gap. The way it looks so far, any SJS team playing well now is going to have to seriously up their performance to give Folsom a game for more than a couple of quarters. But that's the point for every team in every division. Get better and try to take out #1.

That should be a very interesting game. Do you know where it will be played?
St. Mary's hosts Serra next week (9/13). Rams QB Noah May was a sophomore the last time the 2 teams played (also at St. Mary's) and May was lights out before leaving at halftime with a season ending injury. The Rams were up 31-0 when he left the game. I anticipate this year's game is going to be a bit different with Serra having a very, very good team.

Folsom hosting DLS on the same night will be even more interesting.

It seems to be a blessing that MT is in a weaker league. This has given them the time to find a passing game to go with their physical run game. I've always believed if MT find themselves a passing game they'll be hell to beat. Just don't know why it took them so long to implement one. Better late then never. Not being so predictable on offense will make the Mustangs a NorCal power for years. Will the next step for them be DLS, Serra, VC or Pitt???
Elk Grove has a lot of athletes that league is down but they usually has better athletes than sfl. If they can keep their athletes from playing at sfl schools their league will get better

Monterey Trail is better this year than they were last year, from a coach who played them both years.

Del Oro 33-28 over Spanish Springs of Sparks.

Ridge... didn’t MT lose that stud QB /Track kid from last year? Believe he went to one of academy’s. Really good player and speed was such an issue. Too bad MT doesn’t have a real marquee preseason game. They won’t be challenged.

Ridge... didn’t MT lose that stud QB /Track kid from last year? Believe he went to one of academy’s. Really good player and speed was such an issue. Too bad MT doesn’t have a real marquee preseason game. They won’t be challenged.
Zach Larrier is now at the Air Force Academy.

It does seem that Monterey Trail's pre-league schedule lacks punch. It's too bad. All five of their opponents were playoff teams last year, two of the five were league champs, and one was a section champion. Each now seems in a bit of a re-building mode with three of them having new head coaches and all with younger rosters. Every year is a new year in high school football (except for De La Salle in NorCal).

Last edited:
Saturday Scores:

Pitt 41 - Wooster 0 Final

Logan 34 - Heritage 7 in 3rd qtr

Campo 27 - Amador Valley 16 Final

Sacred Heart Prep 28 - SI 21 Final

Riordan 39 - Tamalpais 27 Final

Marin Catholic 35 - Mitty 9 Final

CVC - Liberty ...

Last edited:
Logan 48 - Heritage 7 Final

Salesian 7 - Moreau 6 at half