ADVERTISEMENT

Week 3 Scores 9/6 & 9/7

Obviously, I would hope that to be true, especially since the 2018 team was arguably the best in school history. One really compelling piece of evidence for the quality of the 2019 team is the offensive line. It returned three starters who all had excellent seasons last year (Argumedo, Snipes, and Ramirez). It added a new senior starter who was a dominant D-line starter from last season (Keanon) and is rounded out by a young guard (Talakai) and tight end (Banwait) who played many years of Jr. Mustangs. There is a nice mix of size, athleticism, and tenacity that really helps the running backs get the seams they need.

As each week builds upon the next, we’ll certainly learn more and more about these teams, but last night looks like a very strong win for MT.

If they are indeed better than last season, then I believe they’ve got a good shot at winning D1.

D1 should be a tougher division this year. Inderkum and Del Oro are now in it. Oak Ridge has a new, dynamic QB. Turlock is impressing people. St. Mary's will most likely be in D1. The winner of the Delta will be pretty good. And Folsom is still Folsom. The playoffs are going to be challenging from the jump. No cake walks in those brackets.

Reactions: MCIC and RidgeRider
It seems to be a blessing that MT is in a weaker league. This has given them the time to find a passing game to go with their physical run game. I've always believed if MT find themselves a passing game they'll be hell to beat. Just don't know why it took them so long to implement one. Better late then never. Not being so predictable on offense will make the Mustangs a NorCal power for years. Will the next step for them be DLS, Serra, VC or Pitt???

100% agree. They’ve got the ingredients in Elk Grove to be dominant consistently. Good coaching is the key. I think they are and can be at the top in NorCal. We played them a couple of seasons ago. You could see the raw talent, they gave us a good game but they were still working on things. A bit too predictable at the time but you could see the potential. They’re a force in NorCal.

D1 should be a tougher division this year. Inderkum and Del Oro are now in it. Oak Ridge has a new, dynamic QB. Turlock is impressing people. St. Mary's will most likely be in D1. The winner of the Delta will be pretty good. And Folsom is still Folsom. The playoffs are going to be challenging from the jump. No cake walks in those brackets.

Might be the toughest D1 playoff group SJS has seen in many years with MT near the top and Indy and DO in the mix.

DO is down this year. Graduated a ton of athletic talent, including the line, perhaps the most in school history, this team is going to have to figure out who it’s going to be and how it’s going to win so don’t expect too much but Indy will make an impact as will OR and MT. Folsom will have a MUCH tougher road this year. Which is good for the section.

Oak Ridge has always been well coached and polished. What makes them a little more special this year if you ask me (I’ve been watching program close for last 20 +years) is they have better team speed/athletes. Lamson is the best QB in the league hands down. He’s good enough to play D1 collegefootball at safety or QB. Great size and speed along with a motor that doesn’t stop. You have speedy wideouts in Jacobs/Barthes and a big athletic RB in warfield. A lot of sophomores last year that got good minutes that are now seasoned juniors and a few kids from JV that are making a great impact.

Bummer about the BM game because that is a long stretch before playing Folsom. My guess is Folsom will be ready to bounce back after losing to DLS this week. Tough game 1 in SFL for OR.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT