ADVERTISEMENT

Week 4 Games to Watch

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
De La Salle (2-1) at Folsom (2-0) Game of the Week

In the fourth meeting between the schools since 2012, De La Salle makes its first trip to Folsom High School. Keys to watch are if De La Salle can make plays in the passing game and if Folsom can create big plays after the catch.

Liberty (3-0) vs. Monte Vista (2-0) at Freedom HS

Liberty remained undefeated with a 28-27 win over Clayton Valley Charter this past week after building a 21-7 lead. Monte Vista’s defense has given up eight points through two games outside of two defensive touchdowns by Granite Bay.

Serra (2-0) at St. Mary’s-Stockton (1-1)

Points should be free flowing in Stockton on Friday. Serra has been very impressive in wins over Pittsburg and Menlo-Atherton. St. Mary’s lost its opener to Pittsburg (42-35) before beating Central Catholic (42-7) this past week.

Campolindo (3-0) at McClymonds (2-0)

Campolindo quarterback Grant Harper is completing 62 percent of his passes for 709 yards, eight touchdowns and no interceptions. McClymonds has given up seven total points in wins over Marin Catholic and Encinal.

Palma (1-1) at Oakdale (2-1)

Palma running back Anthony Villegas has been very good through two games with 422 yards and eight touchdowns against Mitty and Sacred Heart Cathedral. Oakdale bounced back from a five point loss to Liberty with a 21-19 win over Aptos.

Yuba City (2-1) at Chico (2-0)

Chico is the lone undefeated team in the Eastern Athletic League after beating Sacramento and Lassen. Yuba City has a three point loss to Pleasant Valley. They are allowing 12 points per game overall.

Escalon (3-0) at Downey (3-0)

Downey quarterback Bryce Gouker and wide receiver Lawrence Harris have combined for eight touchdowns. Escalon is averaging 370 yards per game with senior Kaden Christensen accounting for five total touchdowns.

Salesian (2-1) at Piedmont (2-1)

After losing its opener to Justin-Siena (35-9), Piedmont has won back-to-back games over Rodriguez and Menlo. Salesian is coming off a 35-19 win over Moreau Catholic where it trailed 13-6 entering the fourth quarter.

Salinas (1-0) at Clovis (2-1)

Carl Richardson had more than 400 total yards with four touchdown passes and two rushing scores in a 71-7 win over North Salinas. Clovis is averaging more than 30 points, but lost last week to Bullard (19-7).

Riordan (2-0) at Justin-Siena (3-0)

The Braves are giving up six points per game in beating Piedmont, Healdsburg and Armijo. Riordan has leaned on its running game led by junior Fazon Ruth, who has rushed for 495 yards and six touchdowns.

Points should be free flowing in Stockton on Friday. Serra has been very impressive in wins over Pittsburg and Menlo-Atherton. St. Mary’s lost its opener to Pittsburg (42-35) before beating Central Catholic (42-7) this past week.

Outside of DLS-Folsom, this is the game I'm most intrigued about. Who knows what to expect from the RAMS. They lost to PITT, but soundly destroyed Central. I know Serra is really, really, really good this season. But I won't be surprised if this ends up to be a very good game.

Reactions: THEOC89
TR- I think Serra punishes the Rams. I'm going to say 4 TD's. I have a strong hunch that Serra could be #2 in Norcal this year.
Anybody else think Campo is going to handle Mack pretty easily?

I don’t think Campo handles Mack but this game will tell us a lot about Campo. Macy usually sandbags his group early so hard to get a great picture of them

VC and Serra pose an interesting situation this year. I believe that if either go undefeated, the CIF commissioners will put them in D-1AA against the loser of tonight's DLS/Folsom game and drop whoever wins the CS D-I title (probably Central) to D-1A, where they'll likely play the SJS D-II winner.

Mack is too physical and have too much speed for Campo. This game has the possibility of getting ugly real quick if Campo starts slow. I'm more intrigued with the Clovis vs Salinas game. I have a hard time believing the Cowboys can come out of Lamonica stadium with a W. But their offense scares me a little.

Mack is too physical and have too much speed for Campo. This game has the possibility of getting ugly real quick if Campo starts slow. I'm more intrigued with the Clovis vs Salinas game. I have a hard time believing the Cowboys can come out of Lamonica stadium with a W. But their offense scares me a little.
Salinas defense may have an issue with the big Clovis line and RB. Salinas can score quick though and should have success on offense. Tough to call but many this week.

TR- I think Serra punishes the Rams. I'm going to say 4 TD's. I have a strong hunch that Serra could be #2 in Norcal this year.

What makes you think Campo lights up Mack defense so easily ? Who was the last team to dispatch Mack pretty easily?

Reactions: FootballJunkie101

Nice call on Campo smacking around Mack!! You sure called it

Sure called the Serra game huh? Your a troll. Keep diving in the swamp and get a life

I been on this board for 14 years and today you decide to call me a troll after 9000 posts? Hey you forget to quote me where I said Serra was going to get handled easily today? Can you quote it where I specifically said Serra was going to get handled easily today ? RELAX go have a beer and enjoy your family :) Im holding my 7 day old son right now enjoying life and it’s amazing! Man your the last one I thought couldn’t handle some razzing after a bad hot take! Thought you would have a good laugh in reality and tell me ur bad

De La Salle (2-1) at Folsom (2-0) Game of the Week

In the fourth meeting between the schools since 2012, De La Salle makes its first trip to Folsom High School. Keys to watch are if De La Salle can make plays in the passing game and if Folsom can create big plays after the catch.

Liberty (3-0) vs. Monte Vista (2-0) at Freedom HS

Liberty remained undefeated with a 28-27 win over Clayton Valley Charter this past week after building a 21-7 lead. Monte Vista’s defense has given up eight points through two games outside of two defensive touchdowns by Granite Bay.

Campolindo (3-0) at McClymonds (2-0)

Campolindo quarterback Grant Harper is completing 62 percent of his passes for 709 yards, eight touchdowns and no interceptions. McClymonds has given up seven total points in wins over Marin Catholic and Encinal.

Palma (1-1) at Oakdale (2-1)

Palma running back Anthony Villegas has been very good through two games with 422 yards and eight touchdowns against Mitty and Sacred Heart Cathedral. Oakdale bounced back from a five point loss to Liberty with a 21-19 win over Aptos.

Yuba City (2-1) at Chico (2-0)

Chico is the lone undefeated team in the Eastern Athletic League after beating Sacramento and Lassen. Yuba City has a three point loss to Pleasant Valley. They are allowing 12 points per game overall.

Escalon (3-0) at Downey (3-0)

Downey quarterback Bryce Gouker and wide receiver Lawrence Harris have combined for eight touchdowns. Escalon is averaging 370 yards per game with senior Kaden Christensen accounting for five total touchdowns.

Salesian (2-1) at Piedmont (2-1)

After losing its opener to Justin-Siena (35-9), Piedmont has won back-to-back games over Rodriguez and Menlo. Salesian is coming off a 35-19 win over Moreau Catholic where it trailed 13-6 entering the fourth quarter.

Salinas (1-0) at Clovis (2-1)

Carl Richardson had more than 400 total yards with four touchdown passes and two rushing scores in a 71-7 win over North Salinas. Clovis is averaging more than 30 points, but lost last week to Bullard (19-7).

Riordan (2-0) at Justin-Siena (3-0)

The Braves are giving up six points per game in beating Piedmont, Healdsburg and Armijo. Riordan has leaned on its running game led by junior Fazon Ruth, who has rushed for 495 yards and six touchdowns.

Salesian 55 Piedmont 21 Final

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT