ADVERTISEMENT

WEEKEND ROUNDUP---GAME OF THE WEEK, THE PICKS

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
First off, a big surprise took place at the Del Oro-Grant game which was thought to be a Golden Eagle run-a-way, but turned into a fight for life as Del Oro got by Grant 22-21...The DO coach took a chance and went for as two point PAT and it paid off...There was a awful good chance that in OT, Grant may have come thru. Grant made a big come back in the second half...Now the question is...can they dot this to Folsom.
Line Score
Del Oro...…….07.....07.....00…..08----22
Grant...……….06.....00.....09.....06..---21
GAME OF THE WEEK
California 5-2 at San Ramon Valley 5-2.....The pick.....SRV 27 Calif. 24.....What Happened....
California 21 San Ramon Valley 17....A true game of the week battle...This game wasn't decided until the final minutes as the Grizzlies would not quit and kept pushing...At first it was a ground game battle, but in the second half, a air war developed and Cal came out on top.
The Line Score
California ……….00.....07.....00.....14.....21
San Ramon......00.....03.....07.....07.....17
BIG GAMES
Granada 6-1 at Monte Vista 5-2.....The Pick....Monte Vista 31 Granada 27...what Happened
Monte Vista 27 Granada 7....The Mustang defense came up strong and the Mat.s could not get any thing going...Granada struck first, in the first quarter, but then it was Mustang defense from then on....Granada had been marching forward and it looked like they would give Monte Vista a battle before the game began, but not so.
The Line Score
Monte Vista ……….00.....13.....14.....00.....27
Granada...…………...07.....00.....00.....00.....07
Sat......St. Pats-St.Vincent 4-3 at Salesian 4-3.....The Pick.....Salesian 36 St.Pats. 27.....What happened
Salesian 39 St. Pats 13
Antelope 5-3 at Inderkum 7-0.....The Pick....Inderkum 37 Antelope 26......What happened.....
Inderkum37 Antelope 28...This looked like a close game before game time, but the Inderkum defense dug in after a scary first half and took over in the fourth quarter..This game was for first place in the Capitol Valley League
The Line Score
Inderkum……….13.....00.....08.....16.....37
Antelope...……..00.....21.....00.....07.....28
Foothill 5-2 at Bear river 7-0.....the Pick.....Bear River21 Foothill 13.....What Happened…
Bear River56 foothill 31....The first half was wild, but the second half went flat for Foothill as Bear River poured it on..
The Line Score
Bear River...…….14.....14.....14.....14.....56
Foothill...………….22.....09.....00.....00.....31
Tracy 5-2 at St. Mary's of Stockton3-4.....The Pick.....St.Mary's 33 Tracy 28....what happened
St. Mary's 42 Tracy 20...….St. Mary's was in control from the start.This game was for first place in the Tri-City league..
The Line score
St. Mary's...…….07.....21.....07.....07.....42
Tracy...…………...00.....13.....00.....07.....20
GAMES OF INTEREST
Irvington 1-7 at Washington 0-8.....the Pick.....Washington 19 Irvington 14....What Happened....Irvington 13 Washington 7.....the Pick back fired....It looked like Washington just might win their first game...the battle for the basement keeps the Huskies in the basement..
Ft. Bragg 3-4 at St.Helena 4-3.....The Pick.....Ft. Bragg 26 St. Helena 19.....what happened
Ft. Bragg 30 St. Helena 14
Casa Grande 2-5 at Napa 0-7.....The Pick.....Casa Grande 25 Napa 19.....What happened.....
Casa Grande 41 Napa 27......The Indians could not get the job done and stay at not wining..
Amador (Sutter) 6-1 at Sonora 3-4.....The Pick.....Amador 30 Sonora 20.....what Happened
Sonora38 Amador 7....the pick back fired...Sonora had a tougher preseason schedule and it paid off...
Mountain House 7-0 at Pacheco 6-1.....The Pick.....Pacheco 33 Mountain 24.....what Happened
Pacheco 42 Mountain House 28....another battle for first place...
Pacheco...……......…...07.....07.....14.....14.....42
Mountain House.....00.....14.....07.....07.....28
DIABLO-FOOTHILL
Norhtgate 1-6 at Alhambra 2-4.....The Pick.....Alhambra 34 Northgate 20.....What happened
Alhambra 33 Northgate 13...NG got their points on interceptions, Alhambra got two TD's by the same way, The Bulldog passing game was a dud, if the QB could have hit his receivers, the score would have been a run-a-way..
Acalanes. 3-4 at Campolndo 5-2.....the Pick.....Campolndo 35 Acalanes 14.....what happened
Campolindo 39 Acalanes 7
Clayton Valley Charter 6-1 at Miramonte 6-1....The Pick.....CVC 41 Miramonte 20.....What happened
CVC 49 Miramonte 14...this was for first place, but there was no chance of Miramonte stopping CVC.
DIABLO-VALLEY
Concord 3-5 at Benicia 5-2.....The Pick....Benicia32 Concord 13.....What Happened
Benicia42 Concord 21...Coming up...Benicia vs Las Lomas..can the Panthers slow the Knights
down....
Ygnacio Valley 2-4 at Las Lomas 8-0.....The Pick...Las Lomas 56 Ygnacio Valley 6....
What happened.....Las Lomas 63 Ygnacio Valley 0...No stopping the Knights
Sat......Mt.Diablo 0-8 at Berean Christian 1-4.....The Pick.....BC 31 Mt. diablo 6....What happened
Berean Christian 50 Mt. Diablo 0
EAST BAY---MOUNTAIN
Before Friday night, there were four teams at 5-2.
Foothill 2-5 at DLS 7-0.....the Pick.....DLS 52 Foothill 7.....what happened....DLS 55 Foothill 10
Granada 6-1 at Monte Vista5-2.....The Pick.....Monte Vista 31 Granada 27....what happened...Monte Vista 27 Granada 7
California 5-2 at San Ramon Valley 5-2.....the Pick....SRV 27 Calif. 24....What happened
California 21 SRV 17
EAST-BAY-VALLEY
AmadorValley 5-2 at Dublin 4-3.....The Pick.....Amador Valley 27 Dublin 20....what happened
Amador Valle 58 Dublin 34...This game turned into a shootout that the Gaels could not keep up with
Line Score
Amador Valley...…….03.....28.....13.....14.....58
Dublin...…………………..06.....13......15.....00.....34
Dougherty Valley 4-3 at Livermore 3-4.....The Pick.....Dougherty Valley 27 Livermore 19...What happened.....Livermore 34 Dougherty Valley 7....What a surprise...the Cowboys came on strong and were riding high...this wasn't expected, but the Cowboys have been doing of strange things...And their defense stepped it up..
Granada 6-1 at Monte Vista 5-2.....The Pick....Mote Vista 31 Granada 27.....What happened
Monte Vista 27 Granada 7

Reactions: RidgeRider
First off, a big surprise took place at the Del Oro-Grant game which was thought to be a Golden Eagle run-a-way, but turned into a fight for life as Del Oro got by Grant 22-21...The DO coach took a chance and went for as two point PAT and it paid off...There was a awful good chance that in OT, Grant may have come thru. Grant made a big come back in the second half...Now the question is...can they dot this to Folsom.
Line Score
Del Oro...…….07.....07.....00…..08----22
Grant...……….06.....00.....09.....06..---21
GAME OF THE WEEK
California 5-2 at San Ramon Valley 5-2.....The pick.....SRV 27 Calif. 24.....What Happened....
California 21 San Ramon Valley 17....A true game of the week battle...This game wasn't decided until the final minutes as the Grizzlies would not quit and kept pushing...At first it was a ground game battle, but in the second half, a air war developed and Cal came out on top.
The Line Score
California ……….00.....07.....00.....14.....21
San Ramon......00.....03.....07.....07.....17
BIG GAMES
Granada 6-1 at Monte Vista 5-2.....The Pick....Monte Vista 31 Granada 27...what Happened
Monte Vista 27 Granada 7....The Mustang defense came up strong and the Mat.s could not get any thing going...Granada struck first, in the first quarter, but then it was Mustang defense from then on....Granada had been marching forward and it looked like they would give Monte Vista a battle before the game began, but not so.
The Line Score
Monte Vista ……….00.....13.....14.....00.....27
Granada...…………...07.....00.....00.....00.....07
Sat......St. Pats-St.Vincent 4-3 at Salesian 4-3.....The Pick.....Salesian 36 St.Pats. 27.....What happened
Salesian 39 St. Pats 13
Antelope 5-3 at Inderkum 7-0.....The Pick....Inderkum 37 Antelope 26......What happened.....
Inderkum37 Antelope 28...This looked like a close game before game time, but the Inderkum defense dug in after a scary first half and took over in the fourth quarter..This game was for first place in the Capitol Valley League
The Line Score
Inderkum……….13.....00.....08.....16.....37
Antelope...……..00.....21.....00.....07.....28
Foothill 5-2 at Bear river 7-0.....the Pick.....Bear River21 Foothill 13.....What Happened…
Bear River56 foothill 31....The first half was wild, but the second half went flat for Foothill as Bear River poured it on..
The Line Score
Bear River...…….14.....14.....14.....14.....56
Foothill...………….22.....09.....00.....00.....31
Tracy 5-2 at St. Mary's of Stockton3-4.....The Pick.....St.Mary's 33 Tracy 28....what happened
St. Mary's 42 Tracy 20...….St. Mary's was in control from the start.This game was for first place in the Tri-City league..
The Line score
St. Mary's...…….07.....21.....07.....07.....42
Tracy...…………...00.....13.....00.....07.....20
GAMES OF INTEREST
Irvington 1-7 at Washington 0-8.....the Pick.....Washington 19 Irvington 14....What Happened....Irvington 13 Washington 7.....the Pick back fired....It looked like Washington just might win their first game...the battle for the basement keeps the Huskies in the basement..
Ft. Bragg 3-4 at St.Helena 4-3.....The Pick.....Ft. Bragg 26 St. Helena 19.....what happened
Ft. Bragg 30 St. Helena 14
Casa Grande 2-5 at Napa 0-7.....The Pick.....Casa Grande 25 Napa 19.....What happened.....
Casa Grande 41 Napa 27......The Indians could not get the job done and stay at not wining..
Amador (Sutter) 6-1 at Sonora 3-4.....The Pick.....Amador 30 Sonora 20.....what Happened
Sonora38 Amador 7....the pick back fired...Sonora had a tougher preseason schedule and it paid off...
Mountain House 7-0 at Pacheco 6-1.....The Pick.....Pacheco 33 Mountain 24.....what Happened
Pacheco 42 Mountain House 28....another battle for first place...
Pacheco...……......…...07.....07.....14.....14.....42
Mountain House.....00.....14.....07.....07.....28
DIABLO-FOOTHILL
Norhtgate 1-6 at Alhambra 2-4.....The Pick.....Alhambra 34 Northgate 20.....What happened
Alhambra 33 Northgate 13...NG got their points on interceptions, Alhambra got two TD's by the same way, The Bulldog passing game was a dud, if the QB could have hit his receivers, the score would have been a run-a-way..
Acalanes. 3-4 at Campolndo 5-2.....the Pick.....Campolndo 35 Acalanes 14.....what happened
Campolindo 39 Acalanes 7
Clayton Valley Charter 6-1 at Miramonte 6-1....The Pick.....CVC 41 Miramonte 20.....What happened
CVC 49 Miramonte 14...this was for first place, but there was no chance of Miramonte stopping CVC.
DIABLO-VALLEY
Concord 3-5 at Benicia 5-2.....The Pick....Benicia32 Concord 13.....What Happened
Benicia42 Concord 21...Coming up...Benicia vs Las Lomas..can the Panthers slow the Knights
down....
Ygnacio Valley 2-4 at Las Lomas 8-0.....The Pick...Las Lomas 56 Ygnacio Valley 6....
What happened.....Las Lomas 63 Ygnacio Valley 0...No stopping the Knights
Sat......Mt.Diablo 0-8 at Berean Christian 1-4.....The Pick.....BC 31 Mt. diablo 6....What happened
Berean Christian 50 Mt. Diablo 0
EAST BAY---MOUNTAIN
Before Friday night, there were four teams at 5-2.
Foothill 2-5 at DLS 7-0.....the Pick.....DLS 52 Foothill 7.....what happened....DLS 55 Foothill 10
Granada 6-1 at Monte Vista5-2.....The Pick.....Monte Vista 31 Granada 27....what happened...Monte Vista 27 Granada 7
California 5-2 at San Ramon Valley 5-2.....the Pick....SRV 27 Calif. 24....What happened
California 21 SRV 17
EAST-BAY-VALLEY
AmadorValley 5-2 at Dublin 4-3.....The Pick.....Amador Valley 27 Dublin 20....what happened
Amador Valle 58 Dublin 34...This game turned into a shootout that the Gaels could not keep up with
Line Score
Amador Valley...…….03.....28.....13.....14.....58
Dublin...…………………..06.....13......15.....00.....34
Dougherty Valley 4-3 at Livermore 3-4.....The Pick.....Dougherty Valley 27 Livermore 19...What happened.....Livermore 34 Dougherty Valley 7....What a surprise...the Cowboys came on strong and were riding high...this wasn't expected, but the Cowboys have been doing of strange things...And their defense stepped it up..
Granada 6-1 at Monte Vista 5-2.....The Pick....Mote Vista 31 Granada 27.....What happened
Monte Vista 27 Granada 7
Alhambra brought up Perez from the JV's for the Northgate game and the kid came up with over 100 yards carrying the ball, what would be nice now if Silvera who works the plays in the press box would take over as the coach at Alhambra. But there won't be any changes until the football season is over....

Alhambra brought up Perez from the JV's for the Northgate game and the kid came up with over 100 yards carrying the ball, what would be nice now if Silvera who works the plays in the press box would take over as the coach at Alhambra. But there won't be any changes until the football season is over....
I was really impressed with Perez. Boyce also did very well for only his second game he had a pick 6 and did not allow a reception. But in the end the QB threw 3 interceptions one of those being for 6. And the coaching is the absolute worst.

I was really impressed with Perez. Boyce also did very well for only his second game he had a pick 6 and did not allow a reception. But in the end the QB threw 3 interceptions one of those being for 6. And the coaching is the absolute worst.
Hern...runs cool and cold at QB, he constantly throws passes that hit the dirt by the receiver and is very good at throwing interceptions, a lot right to the defense...Perez should have been brought up sooner, but he will be a tough nut comes next season. The JV QB is a scrambler and he should turn into a play maker, but we will see....This coming week at CVC is going to be awful...

Hern...runs cool and cold at QB, he constantly throws passes that hit the dirt by the receiver and is very good at throwing interceptions, a lot right to the defense...Perez should have been brought up sooner, but he will be a tough nut comes next season. The JV QB is a scrambler and he should turn into a play maker, but we will see....This coming week at CVC is going to be awful...
The best QB they have is the Turner kid that is on the freshman team. If he can keep his grades up he should be the starting QB next year. The JV QB is the JV head coach’s son. And I’ve had about enough daddy ball to last a life time. And your right this week is going to be UGLY.

Bluedog2, wut is your pick for this upcoming game between Wood vs. Vanden...now they in the same league?

The best QB they have is the Turner kid that is on the freshman team. If he can keep his grades up he should be the starting QB next year. The JV QB is the JV head coach’s son. And I’ve had about enough daddy ball to last a life time. And your right this week is going to be UGLY.
Turner is a beast, Biology class is killing him

Humbab…..I've yet to see a freshman game this year, so I haven't seen Turner play, but the Bulldogs are desperate for a QB...Lets hope he can make the grades..

Wood 36 Vanden 24...Vanden will be dangerous , but not this time.
I think Vanden may come out the victor in this game (shud be a Pick Em Game)...hopefully Streakone cud read this! Was hoping that Vacaville/Vanden game wud have been a Pick Em Game.

Vanden easily handled Armijo,, Rodriquez & Fairfield where Wood barely escaped with a 28-21 win over Fairfield (Vamden beat FF 49-0)...Wood beat Armijo 49-6 While Vanden beat Armijo 40-13.

I truly thought Rodriquez wud upset Wood..but lost 42-20....this is gonna be another intense game & Wildcat Stadium gonna be really packed for the Battle at Peabody Road...or Battle for South Vacaville! If Wood wins gonna be a gud one against Vacaville and bragging rights but lately Vaca's Pass Defense has been on Fire!

I think Vanden may come out the victor in this game (shud be a Pick Em Game)...hopefully Streakone cud read this! Was hoping that Vacaville/Vanden game wud have been a Pick Em Game.

Vanden easily handled Armijo,, Rodriquez & Fairfield where Wood barely escaped with a 28-21 win over Fairfield (Vamden beat FF 49-0)...Wood beat Armijo 49-6 While Vanden beat Armijo 40-13.

I truly thought Rodriquez wud upset Wood..but lost 42-20....this is gonna be another intense game & Wildcat Stadium gonna be really packed for the Battle at Peabody Road...or Battle for South Vacaville! If Wood wins gonna be a gud one against Vacaville and bragging rights but lately Vaca's Pass Defense has been on Fire!
NCScalfootball…..I think I will still stay with my score, I watched Wood play Alhambra early in the season and the only problem Wood had was the QB firing off passes that were too hot to handle,since that time, the Wood QB has developed his passing and the recievers are making the catches, the game will be close, but Wood should win...BUT, I've eaten my words before.

Reactions: ncscalfootball

Ncsrcalfootball…..Its a possibility that the Vacaville-Vanden times are old history..I doubt maybe the old timers would remember those days...At one time Vanden and Dixon had some thing going, but that is ages ago. So now, we will see what the future presents to us I am sure Streakone for Pick Em
did not see the meet with Vacaville-Vanden that a big of deal because it happened a long time ago....

Turner has a great IQ for the game, with the right coach to mentor him at the position and school he’s a 3 year starter. Very undisciplined right now but lots of potential.

Vanden was rival with Dixon, St. Helena, Rio Vista, Benicia & Justin Siena & St. Patrick/St. Vincents's from te SCAL Days.

I texted a lot my friends from Vanden & Vacaville...about the game...My Frineds from Vanden & Vacaville wud always meet up at House Parties in Vacaville in the Mid 80's Early 90's...Ty Bluedog2!

Turner has a great IQ for the game, with the right coach to mentor him at the position and school he’s a 3 year starter. Very undisciplined right now but lots of potential.
GoldenShower….thanks....there is hope for the Bulldogs...

Why was Irvington and Washington a game of interest? Two of the worst teams in east bay... MVAL is horrible except for Logan who is okay and Moreau who will probably be asked to leave since they beat everybody 60-0

Why was Irvington and Washington a game of interest? Two of the worst teams in east bay... MVAL is horrible except for Logan who is okay and Moreau who will probably be asked to leave since they beat everybody 60-0
The reason why this game was a game of interest was the possibility of Washington winning their first game,,,.But Irvington wouldn't allow that. So, Washington will finish the season winless..

Agreed HSFan. This league has just gone down over the course of the last 5-6 years. Feel bad for the Tri Cities. Wouldn't be surprised if Fremont went to a District team in 5 years. In terms of Logan and Moreau. I think they will continue to go back an forth. Remember for how bad Logan was the last few season, they beat Moreau by 40+ last year. Moreau obviously returned the favor this season, but I think with two good HC's at these schools, they will remain relevant. Wouldn't be surprised if next realignment Logan opts to the WACC with Odowd, SL, Berkeley and CV.

I agree his football IQ is very good witch it should be seeing how his dad was a position coach for the Raiders. And he’s directly related to Norv Turner. And the few games I’ve seen him play he’s the best athlete on the field. But school could be a problem. His brother will be missing the rest of his senior year because he got 4 F’s. I sure hope little Turner does better or the rest won’t matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT