ADVERTISEMENT

CCS/NCS Coach of the Year Candidates?:

Feb 5, 2014
Any thoughts on who might be candidates for Coach of the Year in the CCS or NCS this year? I know there isn't a specific award for this but just curious on any thoughts. Some very good coaches out there worthy....

Palma's Coach Kelly Lopez - third year HC at Palma and goes to State D4 Title last season in his second year and so far in hist third year the CIF D4 Norcal regional final. Seems he is building a program that is taking a step up from an already good small school program. Next season they should be good as well with the system and who they are returning and coming up from underclass.

Still some important games to play out but here are my choices:

CCS COY: Patrick Schneider Bellarmine (Undefeated in premier league. Hard to make that jump from good to very good and the Bells did that this year)

CCS POY: Logan Jonson St. Francis (This choice will be more solid if St. Francis wins on Saturday)

NCS COY: Justin Argenal DLS (New coach and had to replace two seniors playing college basketball. Won section and a game in the Open Division)

NCS POY: Damari Milstead Moreau Catholic (Has elevated play and his leadership has been key to Moreau's run)

Reactions: SF_Mikey
Melvin Easley from James Logan has to be the front runner for NCS

Hard to argue against Schneider but if go Peter Diepenbrock.

Reactions: LoganHomer
I haven't seen enough teams to pick a top coach, but Eliot Smith deserves recognition for leading Lick Wilmerding to the CIF division 4 northern region semi final game.

Melvin Easley for sure for NCS after brilliantly coaching Logan back from a 13 point deficit to win the NorCal title.

I like to go with the guys who give their teams the best chance to win night in and night out and do more with less! I think there was a quote floating around out there that Bonfigli watched film on Moreau 14 times!!!

Geoff Broyles - SJS
Tom Bonfigli - NCS
Peter Diepenbrock - CCS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT