ADVERTISEMENT

CCS Open playoff projections

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
Those projections, posted this morning on the Prep2Prep website, indicate Palo Alto at No.1, Palma at No.2 and St. Francis (MV) No.3. Serra is No.6. Go figure.

Each year there are some head scratchers with the seeding. This year is no exception. Santa Teresa landing #3 ahead of Serra and St. Francis being top of the list. I know it is straight math on the last 22 games but one has to think the formula needs some work if a B league team can garner enough points to earn a #3 seed ahead of league/league tournament champions from all but two of the A leagues (BVAL-MH, MBL-Gabilan, PAL-Bay, SCCAL, SCVAL-DA and WCAL). Sounds like some tweeking to provide an avenue for more SOS influence is in order. Thoughts?

No way of seeding is going to be perfect, but this seems like a bad way of doing it. Serra and St. Francis potentially meeting in the quarters is the biggest of the mistakes to me.

Reactions: CityVibesII
No way of seeding is going to be perfect, but this seems like a bad way of doing it. Serra and St. Francis potentially meeting in the quarters is the biggest of the mistakes to me.
CCS has shown an ineptitude to seedings in every sport. ;)

As usual, very good read from Darren.

My issue isn't so much the seeding (its just a number and it all depends on matchups). It is about common sense. Take the SJS with their football playoffs. They have their system, but I think they do a good job of trying to "align" the favorites from meeting before the semis. I would have less of an issue if Serra-St. Francis could potentially meet in the semis. Come Wednesday, doesn't really matter I guess.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT