ADVERTISEMENT

Del Oro (13-1) vs Grace Brethren (13-2) in D2–AA State Bowl

Could you imagine if St Francis would have played this team? Would have been 6-3. Glad DO punched it in. Thought they should have passed more.

Oh well. I was rootin for de loro because theyve been there a bunch of times,. But im sure theyll be back next year.

Del Oro always seems to disappoint past NorCal play. There was that year they got skull drug by Bakersfield in the state game. Of course they earned the right to play in it. All I am saying is Serra would have never gotten beat that damn bad!

Del Oro strikes again smh...

Or maybe strikes out. IDK man. Shit.

Del Oro: 4 offensive TDs in last 10 quarters. Yes, they’ve been playing good teams, but still.

I mean, St. Francis' defense was top 10 in the state. Possibly top 5.

I said that Serra would not have gotten beat as bad by Bakersfield....St. Francis would not have lost this game. If their QB doesn't force a game ending INTO and rather throws it away I think SF kicks a FG to beat DO last week.

Im sick of DO going down there just to lose.

DO has no offense - none for past 7 games, they’all need a new OC, terriblle.

Yep. They've been getting by largely with smoke and mirrors. And defense.

I think they used up all the DO Magic they had in the bottle during the previous games. They just couldn't muster that last stop. It would have been interesting to see what happened if they did. Great season for them nonetheless.

Huge props to Grace Brethren. Very good team who gave us all we could handle.

Best team we’ve faced in the playoff run and the final score showed it.

Hats off to our defense and special teams.

Del Oro did not succeed because their Achilles heal all year was the offense.

The defense and ST covered up for it all year and when we really needed it to come through it was unable to in the biggest game of the year.

Changes are needed.

Great season by these kids! I’m so proud of them. They fought hard in the playoffs and got a state final.

I mean, St. Francis' defense was top 10 in the state. Possibly top 5.

I said that Serra would not have gotten beat as bad by Bakersfield....St. Francis would not have lost this game. If their QB doesn't force a game ending INTO and rather throws it away I think SF kicks a FG to beat DO last week.

Im sick of DO going down there just to lose.
Then St Francis & Serra should have taken care of business against DO. Your argument is the same pathetic one that Folsom fan uses to argue that they should have been in the Open because they believe they were better than DLS even though DLS beat them.

Yep. They've been getting by largely with smoke and mirrors. And defense.

I think they used up all the DO Magic they had in the bottle during the previous games. They just couldn't muster that last stop. It would have been interesting to see what happened if they did. Great season for them nonetheless.

There QB could pass. I don't know why they didn't throw more yesterday. They were successful against St Francis in the 2nd half thru the air when they needed to be. Nonetheless good football team and great year. DO is a pretty hard team "NOT" to like. They play the game right.

Del Oro did not succeed because their Achilles heal all year was the offense....Changes are needed.
Spot-on RR. As Bowie would say "Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes, turn and face the strange, ch-ch-changes, there's gonna have to be a different man".

Congrats to the del oro football team and community. You guys have consistently made it to the championship game over the past several years and although you have come up short a few times, you are still an outstanding program that always finds a way or the will to be one of the lucky few teams still gearing up in December. Making it to 3 out of the last 4 cif state championship games speaks volumes for the kinda program you guys have, Win or lose

Del Oro gets beat in state games because they always seem to lack an elite running back and skill players. Great toughness and grit just comes up short at this level. Too slow and their offensive scheme is so pedestrian. QB play also seems to be a chronic weakness. Personally, I think both CC and St Francis would have been better representatives but they didn't did it done. Kudos to DO for being good enough to always get to this game but now they need to start doing some football camps in Reno ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT