ADVERTISEMENT

Del Oro (13-1) vs Grace Brethren (13-2) in D2–AA State Bowl

There QB could pass. I don't know why they didn't throw more yesterday. They were successful against St Francis in the 2nd half thru the air when they needed to be. Nonetheless good football team and great year. DO is a pretty hard team "NOT" to like. They play the game right.
Their Qb kept overthrowing open receivers which cost them that interception leading to the first Td, especially in the first half. He seemed over amped, either that or isn’t a very accurate thrower.

Del Oro gets beat in state games because they always seem to lack an elite running back and skill players.....and their offensive scheme is so pedestrian.
So very pedestrian. Had talent this year, a basic offense unfortunately doesn't take advantage of it.

Isn't DO in the same leaque as Folsom D1AA ? How did DO not being a section champ get placed in D2AA ?

DO was the SJS division 2 section champs and Norcal Champs.

DO is a division 2 school playing in a league made up of division 1 schools (Folsom, Oak Ridge) and division 2 schools (Rocklin, Whitney, Granite Bay, and Grant).

So please correct me, Jesuit self reported and Del Oro got a free pass to the SBG.

Jesuit self-reported and had to forfeit to DO in the third round. Del Oro beat Tracy (second round), Central Catholic (sections), and Saint Francis (NorCal) to get that free pass and had a 9-1 record going into the playoffs only losing to Folsom.....but I guess in your book it was handed to them.

I take you as a wind-up after all your passive aggressive posts about DO.

Last edited:
Jesuit self-reported and had to forfeit to DO in the third round. Del Oro beat Tracy (second round), Central Catholic (sections), and Saint Francis (NorCal) to get that free pass and had a 9-1 record going into the playoffs only losing to Folsom.....but I guess in your book it was handed to them.

I take you as a wind-up after all your passive aggressive posts about DO.
Easy answer for even for you, was DO a section

DO was not a runner-up. Do you read and comprehend?

I guess he's not understanding that SFL teams aren't all D1 by enrollment. And like all other teams, they are slotted where enrollment places them if they don't win league or aren't deemed eligible for the continued success rule.

Until they changed the rule to allow teams to drop only 1 division beneath their league designation, there were a few postseasons when the SFL had teams in D1, D2 and D3.

It seems like a lot of people mistakenly believe Del Oro is a large school. According to the CIF, their enrollment this Fall was 1,752, which puts them on par with Golden Valley (1793), Mira Loma (1775), Wood (1774), Cordova (1771), and Del Campo (1750). 3 of those 5 schools made the playoffs and all were slotted D4. http://cifsjs.org/sports/fball/2018-19info/fb_divisions_1819.pdf

Yet for whatever reason some are upset that DO plays D2. But nobody ever complained about Central Catholic playing down and dominating D4 and D5 for so many years. Somehow it was ok for CC to get slotted according to enrollment but not ok for DO to be placed 1 level above where enrollment would slot them. SMH.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT