ADVERTISEMENT

DLS-Gorman

Gorman 21-DLS 7 20 seconds left in half.

DLS having trouble containing the Gorman QB and then breakdowns in pass coverage. Gorman has adjusted to the Spartan Veer and DLS will need to make some adjustments if this is going to be a good game.

Gaels TD 21-7 @ the half
Sophomore Bowens came in for senior QB Thompson Robinson after losing his helmet with less than a minute, threw aTD pass to go up by 2 TD's

Last edited:
The BG QB is killing DLS. Reminds me of the Serra-Pitt game last week as Serra was pressuring QB constantly & simply could not contain him - just too fast for linemen and juking out defenders once into the secondary running at another level. Serra lost the Pitt game due to their QB and the DLS-BG game looks like a re-run of that game.
Then again can't count DLS out, but def not looking good. I picked BG in this weeks pick-ems as they look very solid all around.

DLS looks like they will need to throw the ball and not a strength of theirs.

That's why I don't like the veer unless you are playing an undisciplined defense. Once a good disciplined team adjusts and shuts the inside down, and unless you have a big gap in edge speed, you can't do anything but pass..... and you are usually not good at it.

DLS is obviously the best at running the veer so everything I said doesn't apply to them!

21-7 at the half, DeLa-Vu all over again. Same score as 2 weeks ago against St Johns at the half but obviously away this time and as Rmbr26 says BG's qb can move around.

BG moving down the field at will against the Spartans, who simply can't contain their passing game - Gorman on this drive is shredding the Spartan defensive backfield with their passing game. Lucky break for DLS as BG gets a hold on the DLS 4-yard line moving them back to 14. Next play a FG & now 24-7 heading towards 4th quarter.
This game is almost over.

DLS QB's are just terrible... If they had even a DECENT QB game is changed completely.. Its hard to watch them play.

Reactions: UglyEagle
DLS getting owned on national tv. Too bad they have a pop Warner QB. That veer is old and outdated.

Gorman takin it to am! What a whoppinnnnn!!!!!

Total ownage. And Gorman was down this year.

DLSs QB wouldn't even start on our frosh team.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
DLS WR #10 he is like 6'3 and has a good frame... have not thrown to him once... convert that guy to a QB he cant be any worse than these two mighty might talent level QB's DLS has right now.

SO 34-7 with 8 minutes left & already some DLS naysayers jumping up & down gleeful in the fact DLS is getting handily defeated. Lets put it into perspective: DLS is still the best team in NorCal until proven otherwise. DLS doesn't have a player on their team who is not a good athlete and wouldn't start at almost any other high school. Are their QB's "terrible"? No would not go to that degree by any means. DLS has a system and is not a passing team to begin with. So a bad loss yes, but keep it in perspective as to who DLS is playing. Watching BG playing tonite & I knew they were good & I shudder at what they would do to any other NorCal team.

OK this game is done - fat lady getting ready to sing.

SO 34-7 ....... some DLS naysayers jumping up & down gleeful in the fact DLS is getting handily defeated. DLS is still the best team in NorCal until proven otherwise. So a bad loss yes, but keep it in perspective as to who DLS is playing. Watching BG playing tonite & I knew they were good & I shudder at what they would do to any other NorCal team.

Christmas in September, The ultimate crack salve for the butt hurt poster.

Last edited:
Seems like DLS missed the boat on recruiting a QB.

That false start at the line every time won't work against the big boys. They let it go in NorCal but that's it!

Humble pie.

SO 34-7 with 8 minutes left & already some DLS naysayers jumping up & down gleeful in the fact DLS is getting handily defeated. Lets put it into perspective: DLS is still the best team in NorCal until proven otherwise. DLS doesn't have a player on their team who is not a good athlete and wouldn't start at almost any other high school. Are their QB's "terrible"? No would not go to that degree by any means. DLS has a system and is not a passing team to begin with. So a bad loss yes, but keep it in perspective as to who DLS is playing. Watching BG playing tonite & I knew they were good & I shudder at what they would do to any other NorCal team.

OK this game is done - fat lady getting ready to sing.
The excuses already coming out! Gorman was down this year and put a whoopin on DLS. Not even all those false starts coild save them against a better private school. What a joke. Can't even recruit a QB that fan throw 5 yards. Maybe they want to borrow one of our frosh QBs!?

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO

Reactions: jimmyzr1
The excuses already coming out! Gorman was down this year and put a whoopin on DLS. Not even all those false starts coild save them against a better private school. What a joke. Can't even recruit a QB that fan throw 5 yards. Maybe they want to borrow one of our frosh QBs!?

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO
I see the Ole G, Triple "G", OG, Triple "G" is back at it. LMAO!!!

Reactions: simione916
Not sure I would call this a down year for BG unless being down from a national championship counts. They came into the preseason as a Top 3 team nationally, and their losses came to a Top 10 national Central (FL) team and #1 national Mater Dei. BG will finish the year in the Top 10 with their wins over DeMatha and DLS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT