ADVERTISEMENT

DLS-Gorman

The excuses already coming out! Gorman was down this year and put a whoopin on DLS. Not even all those false starts coild save them against a better private school. What a joke. Can't even recruit a QB that fan throw 5 yards. Maybe they want to borrow one of our frosh QBs!?

LMFAOOOOOOOOOO

So this guy can't get banned for making fun of a high school athlete...? Good job moderator.

So this guy can't get banned for making fun of a high school athlete...? Good job moderator.
Here we go again. Calls to ban people because they don't agree with my assessment. Go home.

I am making fun of DLS. Not any one player nor did I name names. I broke zero rules and will continue to post while you guys will continue to make fake names lol

I see the Ole G, Triple "G", OG, Triple "G" is back at it. LMAO!!!

Yeah JoeM the usual culprits pounce on this kind of game after the fact to make themselves feel good. I'd respect them more if they called it before the game like I did picking BG. Of course its easier AFTER the games decided to criticize a team & rip individual players, but any fan who never played a down can do that. Do these "fans" realize DLS is still the best team in NorCal? Yes it is funny Joe and at the same time soooo sad..

Not sure I would call this a down year for BG unless being down from a national championship counts. They came into the preseason as a Top 3 team nationally, and their losses came to a Top 10 national Central (FL) team and #1 national Mater Dei. BG will finish the year in the Top 10 with their wins over DeMatha and DLS.
exactly

Yeah JoeM the usual culprits pounce on this kind of game after the fact to make themselves feel good. I'd respect them more if they called it before the game like I did picking BG. Of course its easier AFTER the games decided to criticize a team & rip individual players, but any fan who never played a down can do that. Do these "fans" realize DLS is still the best team in NorCal? Yes it is funny Joe and at the same time soooo sad..
Funny since twice the amount of people pounce when Folsom loses. A few people get on DLS for getting smoked and they all start crying about banning people. Lol

I wonder how long it's going to take MC415 to create a fake name and accuse me of being 4 different people lol

Totally agree that certain fans of other programs will pounce on a DLS loss. I'm not one of them but some posters do the same when Folsom loses as well. So I see it as a cycle that will never end because it's good ole banter at it's nastiest stage of the game. And yes, they realize DLS is still the best team in NorCal. I don't think another Nor-Cal team will ever beat them again until perhaps a super private school pops up out of the blue. That's just my take on this DLS vs everyone else in NorCal.

Reactions: G61
Totally agree that certain fans of other programs will pounce on a DLS loss. I'm not one of them but some posters do the same when Folsom loses as well. So I see it as a cycle that will never end because it's good ole banter at it's nastiest stage of the game. And yes, they realize DLS is still the best team in NorCal. I don't think another Nor-Cal team will ever beat them again until perhaps a super private school pops up out of the blue. That's just my take on this DLS vs everyone else in NorCal.
You may have a few people do it when DLS loses. Everyone loses their mind.

Folsom loses and the entire forum dumps kerosene on the flames and the tries to ban me! Lol. Go figure!

DLS QB's lost them this game. 3 turnovers = 21 points and shit field position. ya DLS runs the ball but 3rd and 12 and there calling veer. I guarantee you if they had even a 3 star QB they would be throwing in that situation.

Reactions: UglyEagle
About as expected. Norcal is just not that great this year. The best team, DLS is a top 5 state team at best (MD, SJB, CC, Nade, MV can make the argument of ahead) I'd say next best team is Folsom or St. Francis and maybe they crack top 10 in Cali. It is what it is.

Ya, it's not great for NorCal football when the best team gets beat as soundly as they did. However, as far as the QB situation, I think many posters saw this as a potential weakness in 7x7 summer leagues. They run their offense so well that most of us figured they would get by most teams with overall team strength in size, speed and execution. Not sure if any other NorCal teams are built to stop their run game for 4 quarters, but would be interested to hear what NorCal teams might have the defense to do it.

Reactions: pantera-cat
Funny since twice the amount of people pounce when Folsom loses. A few people get on DLS for getting smoked and they all start crying about banning people. Lol
I'm not with the banning of posters. I think it's totally out of line to banned a poster that doesn't use profanity towards another poster. This is football banter and things will get heated but to ban someone for speaking how they feel is just ridiculous. If that's the case this board is soft as a babies bottom.

I'm not with the banning of posters. I think it's totally out of line to banned a poster that doesn't use profanity towards another poster. This is football banter and things will get heated but to ban someone for speaking how they feel is just ridiculous. If that's the case this board is soft as a babies bottom.

Just give the person who wants to ban someone a safe space or cry room ...like universities around our country do :p

Reactions: Ca. Football rules
There's a difference between losing at home against Sac High and on the road at Bishop Gorman. Until DLS loses to a nor cal team, nobody on this board can really pounce on them.
We beat Sac High the other night and on their turf. Last year was a different team.

DLS dominates NorCal because they are the only private school worth a damn. The WCAL schools are a joke and old. DLS beats on other public schools that are generally confirmed to the ups and downs of kids and district boundaries.

Folsom has had an unprecedented run for a public school and without the luxury of recruiting like DLS. DLS should stick to playing other privates like Gorman and Bosco because that's an even playing field.

They finally played someone equal in comparison and got smoked on national TV.

Humble pie

About as expected. Norcal is just not that great this year. The best team, DLS is a top 5 state team at best (MD, SJB, CC, Nade, MV can make the argument of ahead) I'd say next best team is Folsom or St. Francis and maybe they crack top 10 in Cali. It is what it is.

Agree bella. Good year with some sound teams in norcal but schools like Gorman have taken it up a notch. This is why I've made the comment before that DLS does has plenty of college players each year but they also have a handful of kids that are just very good HS players. (which btw I respect) At a school like Gorman now it seems like almost all there players in key positions have offers. For example, DLS QB is a good HS player. He is. But in terms of beating a team like Gorman you have to be able to spin it a little. The weakness in a game like that is very noticeable. No shame in losing to Gorman. DLS is still the great program that we know it.

Agree bella. Good year with some sound teams in norcal but schools like Gorman have taken it up a notch. This is why I've made the comment before that DLS does has plenty of college players each year but they also have a handful of kids that are just very good HS players. (which btw I respect) At a school like Gorman now it seems like almost all there players in key positions have offers. For example, DLS QB is a good HS player. He is. But in terms of beating a team like Gorman you have to be able to spin it a little. The weakness in a game like that is very noticeable. No shame in losing to Gorman. DLS is still the great program that we know it.

Agree with this, listening to the broadcast on the stream last night it sounded like they had 10 starters with D1 offers already and many players with NFL pedigree from their fathers. This game was nothing more than a gap in talent that is seen on fields each week on Friday nights all over this country.

Last edited:
Reactions: bella123
Absolutely Ridge Rider. "Gap in Talent" perfect wording. And too think Mater Dei is a step up from Gorman is a scary thought all together. Looks like the kid from Mater Dei at USC (kicker) earned a scholarship last night.

We beat Sac High the other night and on their turf. Last year was a different team.

DLS dominates NorCal because they are the only private school worth a damn. The WCAL schools are a joke and old. DLS beats on other public schools that are generally confirmed to the ups and downs of kids and district boundaries.

DLS should stick to playing other privates like Gorman and Bosco because that's an even playing field.

They finally played someone equal in comparison and got smoked on national TV.

Humble pie

There is a public school in Corona, if Folsom needs an equal opponent to test their Qback.

DLS QB's lost them this game. 3 turnovers = 21 points and shit field position.

Not to be offensive, but does DLS have anyone on staff who knows how to coach modern pass offense?

What kids are in the pipeline to take over the QB position at DLS (e..g, JV players)? Any standouts?

Your freshman team is 0-4 and hasn't even started playing real teams yet.

And its because they don't have a QB, don't you know? A QB. Think on it. That's the reason and you are not concerned?

And too think Mater Dei is a step up from Gorman is a scary thought all together.

With the exception of DLS, Norcal teams don't "recruit" as well as the Socal teams. DLS did not produce offensively. It has the ability to grab talent, why not update its offensive scheme a little?

Reactions: northbayfb
There is a public school in Corona, if Folsom needs an equal opponent to test their Qback.
I get what you're saying Old-e, but we don't want Folsom to schedule national powers like Centennial of Corona. We would like for them to schedule SoCal perennial powers such as Mission Viejo, Redlands East, Chaminade, Valencia or the CS perennial power Central (Fresno). Let's take baby steps first and see how that works.

Centennial would crush Folsom. That matchup would not be "equal". Folsom does not have the experience of playing an opponent like Centennial. That said, I would love to see that matchup.
I agree that Centennial would crush Folsom and I agree for the most part that coach Logan's experience would trump Richardson. However, I would believe the caliber of athletes on Centennial campus would be far more of a factor in this matchup then anything else. Centennial has two Burficts every year on their campus that don't play for one reason or another. That's how much athletic talent that campus puts out on a yearly basis. A coach I've known for years that coaches youth football in Corona said a few of his star youth football players have moved in with relatives in the Alemany HS and PHS district to get playing time. That's how deep the Huskies are.

For the sake of discussion, why would NorCal prep football fans like it, for any reason, when a NorCal team loses to an outside outfit? Seems to be me that whether it's DLS, Folsom or anyone else, it only helps NorCal's reputation when one of its own wins. Tough to understand the glee out there.

Reactions: JoeMixon
For the sake of discussion, why would NorCal prep football fans like it, for any reason, when a NorCal team loses to an outside outfit? Seems to be me that whether it's DLS, Folsom or anyone else, it only helps NorCal's reputation when one of its own wins. Tough to understand the glee out there.

For me it's evidence they need to get with the times on offense. THAT would be a good development for Norcal football.

To be brutally honest, I don't care what offense teams utilize. If they are successful, good for them. I await the return of the single-wing by some creative, enterprising coaching staff. Anything that gives a high school kid a chance to compete does it for me. Call me odd (and some have) but isn't that the whole point of high school sports? Put athletes in a position to be successful.

And one more thing. Look around the NFL and NCAA Division I football these days and, unless my eyesight is long gone, more than a few NorCal prep grads are running the QB show, evidence of at least a hint of progressive offensive tutelage.

Last edited:

No glee, just a spoonful of sugar....

Reactions: observer22
I think it highly unlikely in this age of spread offenses that a high quality QB would want to go to DLS because he won't be showcased.

I do not agree with this. For a stretch there DLS produced some good QB's. Matt Guitterrez ( Michigan ), Kevin Lopina (WSU), Bart Houston (Wisc). And a few other pretty decent ones.

Reactions: jimmyzr1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT