ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs. Chaminade 70-35 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Announcers on the Fox feed are suggesting we should go running-clock to start the 3rd q.

Folsom is going to boat race every team in the SFL. The gap between them and everybody else is as big as I've ever seen it.

Reactions: cashisking18
It is a big gap, but then Folsom plays nobody, and when they did play a really good team, they were whitewashed.

It is a big gap, but then Folsom plays nobody, and when they did play a really good team, they were whitewashed.

I realize that CashisKing is kinda annoying, but don’t let that be your reason to ‘hate’ on Folsom. Your posts are so transparent, it’s kinda embarrassing. Folsom has a really good team. Period. Anyone with half a brain who watched the DLS v Folsom game knows the Bulldogs weren’t ‘whitewashed’ (as you stated above). And while it’s obvious that Chaminade isn’t as good as they normally are, and don’t appear to be anywhere near the Top 10 in So Cal, who fricking cares? SMH

Lets not get carried away. Folsom plays DLS again and I will take Folsom. You can't turn ball over 4x in red zone.

Folsom has made a real statement. This is a great football team period.

Folsom 2nd string fumbles in red zone. Chaminade recovers. Chaminade 1st string offense and defense still in slinging it.

1 min left in 3rd
Folsom 63-21

Lets not get carried away. Folsom plays DLS again and I will take Folsom. You can't turn ball over 4x in red zone.

Folsom has made a real statement. This is a great football team period.
I’d take DLS. Folsom is a great team, but that DLS team started 4 1st time OL starters and a first game starter soph at QB. They were as vulnerable as any DLS team I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen them since the 80’s. After about 8-10 games they’ll be so much better. But would be a great rematch.

Reactions: SpartanzRule
Remember, DLS played a good Folsom team in their first game of the season. They will improve on offense, and that great defense would again shut down Folsom. Btw, I don't hate on Folsom, I just don't like all the platitudes their fans give them for basically playing no one.

Reactions: remc
I like this backup QB for Folsom. 6"2 200. Going to be a good one. I like this Taylor RB as well. Folsom is loaded again next year.

Touchdown Folsom 2nd string.

70-28

Chaminade starters finally out.

Chaminade 1 TD on a hail Mary. 2 TDs on Folsoms 2nd string.

?...Btw, I don't hate on Folsom, I just don't like all the platitudes their fans give them for basically playing no one.

Which “fans” would that be? Do you mean “fan”, in the singular? Again....as mentioned previously, don’t be a hater because Cash is annoying.

And if you’re not a “hater”, Please tell us of this “whitewashing” they took that you were mentioning. I was looking at Folsom’s results from this year and didn’t see a game that fit the description.

Moving on....

That's ridiculous. They have a handful of college players. Hell 2 Pac 12 LB's. Got exposed by a really good team. Chaminade would beat most of the Sac area teams if not all of them.
Agreed. They would likely be the #2 team in the SJS from what I saw. Folsom is just on a whole other level.

Antelope is not a good comparison. Folsom starters haven't played much of the 2nd half of the last 3 games. They took their foot off the gas against Antelope in the 2nd quarter.

This Folsom team is very good.

It's hard to read posts involving Folsom anymore without running into petty whining and ridiculously immature posts from the Folsom haters. Grow up people

As I was leaving the DLS-Folsom game, I told friends at the game that Folsom would win this matchup 8 or 9 times out of 10. and repeated that elsewhere in this forum... Kinda got chewed for it on this board, too. (btw, I am a DLS fan)

Well, I still stand by that statement. Folsom was mighty impressive tonight. Made a good team look real bad.

And yes, Chaminade *is* a good team. Their only loss before tonight was to a powerhouse Oaks Christian team that is pounding everyone they face, and their wins were easy ones over decent teams.

Spartans fans should consider themselves fortunate that the playoff rules make it extremely unlikely, maybe impossible for a playoff rematch.

As I was leaving the DLS-Folsom game, I told friends at the game that Folsom would win this matchup 8 or 9 times out of 10. and repeated that elsewhere in this forum... Kinda got chewed for it on this board, too. (btw, I am a DLS fan)

Well, I still stand by that statement. Folsom was mighty impressive tonight. Made a good team look real bad.

And yes, Chaminade *is* a good team. Their only loss before tonight was to a powerhouse Oaks Christian team that is pounding everyone they face, and their wins were easy ones over decent teams.

Spartans fans should consider themselves fortunate that the playoff rules make it extremely unlikely, maybe impossible for a playoff rematch.
Spot on. I walked out of there feeling the same exact way.

The way the DLS/St Francis game is going now just reinforces my belief in the above.

Folsom is an absolute freight train right now. They could have scored 100 points tonight on a defense that had legit college players.

And don't let anyone bully you from posting your opinion. I commend you.

My point is having a state title team almost all returning this isn’t the team you should be picking on. Y’all could celebrate it all you want but Folsom should be playing Bosco who called them out not chaminade who is closer to rocklin than folsom. And just because you have d1 players doesn’t make you good grant had 2 d1 players and went 4-6. Impressive win but cmon put it in context they took this game knowing so cals 2nd best team called them out. Who doesn’t want to see a 2nd vs 2nd math up besides Folsom

I spearheaded the talk for this game last year. Respect to Folsom for dismantling a very good program in Chaminade. They've been a SoCal power for a decade or so. Now it's time to put an Oaks Christian, Mission Viejo or Cen10 on the 2019 schedule. Also, Chandler, AZ or Bishop Gorman, NV should get a call. Great win Folsom!!! Way to get respect for NorCal football.

Yeah, sure. I was at the DLS -Folsom game too. 8 or 9 out of 10??? Lol, uh, no.50/50, maybe. But in a rematch the 4 new ol starters and the Soph QB will be much more seasoned. Folsom knew that when they scheduled it.Yes Folsom is damn good this year.But let’s not exaggerate. They had their dream shot, with every circumstance favoring them, except home field.Still couldn’t get it done.Let me guess, the 2014 Folsom team would also win 8 or 9 out of 10 vs DLS “if they had played”. (Just kidding)

I think ......

A) Norcal should add a playoff game. DLS should have to prove itself against Folsom. This is ridiculous that DLS never has to prove itself!

How about we try a new playoff format for a couple of years, and see how it goes?

And/or

B) DLS should step up, alter its schedule, and add Folsom.
Enough of this ducking Folsom charade !
Everybody sees through it DLS!
PLAY FOLSOM !

Lets see how you do in a "boat race" !

Hey! How about that?
De La Salle should have to defeat Folsom in a boat race !

What do you mental midgets think about these proposals?

I said they needed to make a statement and they did. That was the point. Folsom is the real deal. Arguably and yes very debatable the best team most of us will ever see from around the greater sac area in our lifetime. Most of there backups would be stars on other teams. I'm not a Folsom homer. I just know good football when i see it and you have to respect what they did.

I feel bad for the rest of the SFL.... Absolutely no chance.

I spearheaded the talk for this game last year. Respect to Folsom for dismantling a very good program in Chaminade. They've been a SoCal power for a decade or so. Now it's time to put an Oaks Christian, Mission Viejo or Cen10 on the 2019 schedule. Also, Chandler, AZ or Bishop Gorman, NV should get a call. Great win Folsom!!! Way to get respect for NorCal football.
Great post! And thanks for the kind words junkie! You sure know your football. I always see you killin me in the pick em!

Up early today and thinking about the game last night. I was too tired last night to give my full breakdown and thoughts.

Chaminade was a good team. I wouldn't say "great" but they were a very good SoCal team. Some outlets and rating systems had them Top 10, some didn't. Doesn't really matter. They were a top 10 team last year and returned some big time key players. Tough to predict how every team will end up when trying to schedule 6-9 months out. Folsom willingly took this game on the road with no promise for a home and home for next season. I would honestly put them a notch above Del Oro, or maybe a notch above. I think they would be the 2nd best team in the SJS from what I saw last night. Ryan Stevens, QB for Chaminade, had a great arm. He just missed on a bunch of long balls. They had a really good running back and one really good receiver. Defensively, they were athletic and physical. I don't think they were quite ready for what was coming. The the beginning of the game, it was almost a bit of indirect disrespect. They decided to cover the Folsom skill players one on one. When I saw this, I was shocked. Ngata literally blew by every defender they had, and then some. The first touchdown, I believe he burned the DB by 20 yards! Crazy stuff.

Folsom was light years ahead of Chaminade. I honestly think the Chaminade crowd, coaching staff, and players were completely shocked after the first quarter. I don't think they've ever seen a barrage like that, even with the top SoCal teams. Folsom was able to move the ball at will, running and passing. They had most of their success in the short pass game, getting their elite athletes in space, and that was it. Chaminade defense was physical up front, but in space they got absolutely torched. It was a track meet. I truly believe Folsom could have scored close to 120 points last night if they went full throttle all game. Folsom had 56 points at half time and it could have been worse. I dont think any team in SoCal will come close to getting 56 in a half on Chaminade, not even the big dogs..

I believe Chaminade got Folsom at a very bad time. Folsom is hitting on all cylinders on offense, and they're defense is very physical. Had this game been week 0 or week 1, I would expect it to be more competitive. Out of Chaminades scoress, 1 was a hail mary at the end of the 1st half (cool play by the way), and 2 TDs were in garbage time against the Folsom 2nd string. As I stated above, this game could have been much worse. The Folsom starters were out of the game just minutes into the 2nd quarter. Could you imagine Folsom stat line this year if they were playing into the 2nd half in the last 3 games!? Crazy stuff!

What does this mean for the SFL? League play starts next week.
SFL teams are in trouble. I believe every single Folsom SFL game will be a running clock. That is no disrespect to the SFL teams, as I believe there are a few very good ones this year. I just believe as @larry legend33 and others have stated, that Folsom is truly elite this year, a top 5 team in all of CA. I would expect to see a lot of Joey Washburn and the Folsom 2nd string in league play this year.

Shout out to @kiddman32. I agree with your Folsom/DLS assessment this year. I walked out of that game thinking the same thing. The 2014 team was great, no doubt, but honestly they're chances of beating DLS in 2014 out of 10 times was probably 1 or 2, based on the match ups and styles of both teams. This Folsom team is unique out of the past great teams due to they're physicality and line play. They have the usual high powered offense, but the offensive weapons they have are a huge notch above what they've ever had. So much more explosive. They're defense is big and physical upfront and they're secondary may be the best in NorCal. The secondary doesn't get much love since they haven't really faced teams that are a true downfield threat. But watching them last night, that secondary is amazing. They deserve some props. Chaminade had some athletes on at the WR position, and they just couldn't do much against the Folsom secondary.

Final score: Folsom 70-34

Beautiful night in West Hills! On to league play in the SFL!

Go Road Dawgs!

Last edited:

Never
Great post! And thanks for the kind words junkie! You sure know your football. I always see you killin me in the pick em!

Up early today and thinking about the game last night. I was too tired last night to give my full breakdown and thoughts.

Chaminade was a good team. I wouldn't say "great" but they were a very good SoCal team. Some outlets and rating systems had them Top 10, some didn't. Doesn't really matter. They were a top 10 team last year and returned some big time key players. Tough to predict how every team will end up when trying to schedule 6-9 months out. Folsom willingly took this game on the road with no promise for a home and home for next season. I would honestly put them a notch above Del Oro, or maybe a notch above. I think they would be the 2nd best team in the SJS from what I saw last night. Ryan Stevens, QB for Chaminade, had a great arm. He just missed on a bunch of long balls. They had a really good running back and one really good receiver. Defensively, they were athletic and physical. I don't think they were quite ready for what was coming. The the beginning of the game, it was almost a bit of indirect disrespect. They decided to cover the Folsom skill players one on one. When I saw this, I was shocked. Ngata literally blew by every defender they had, and then some. The first touchdown, I believe he burned the DB by 20 yards! Crazy stuff.

Folsom was light years ahead of Chaminade. I honestly think the Chaminade crowd, coaching staff, and players were completely shocked after the first quarter. I don't think they've ever seen a barrage like that, even with the top SoCal teams. Folsom was able to move the ball at will, running and passing. They had most of their success in the short pass game, getting their elite athletes in space, and that was it. Chaminade defense was physical up front, but in space they got absolutely torched. It was a track meet. I truly believe Folsom could have scored close to 120 points last night if they went full throttle all game. Folsom had 56 points at half time and it could have been worse. I dont think any team in SoCal will come close to getting 56 in a half on Chaminade, not even the big dogs..

I believe Chaminade got Folsom at a very bad time. Folsom is hitting on all cylinders on offense, and they're defense is very physical. Had this game been week 0 or week 1, I would expect it to be more competitive. Out of Chaminades scoress, 1 was a hail mary at the end of the 1st half (cool play by the way), and 2 TDs were in garbage time against the Folsom 2nd string. As I stated above, this game could have been much worse. The Folsom starters were out of the game just minutes into the 2nd quarter. Could you imagine Folsom stat line this year if they were playing into the 2nd half in the last 3 games!? Crazy stuff!

What does this mean for the SFL? League play starts next week.
SFL teams are in trouble. I believe every single Folsom SFL game will be a running clock. That is no disrespect to the SFL teams, as I believe there are a few very good ones this year. I just believe as @larry legend33 and others have stated, that Folsom is truly elite this year, a top 5 team in all of CA. I would expect to see a lot of Joey Washburn and the Folsom 2nd string in league play this year.

Shout out to @kiddman32. I agree with your Folsom/DLS assessment this year. I walked out of that game thinking the same thing. The 2014 team was great, no doubt, but honestly they're chances of beating DLS in 2014 out of 10 times was probably 1 or 2, based on the match ups and styles of both teams. This Folsom team is unique out of the past great teams due to they're physicality and line play. They have the usual high powered offense, but the offensive weapons they have are a huge notch above what they've ever had. So much more explosive. They're defense is big and physical upfront and they're secondary may be the best in NorCal. The secondary doesn't get much love since they haven't really faced teams that are a true downfield threat. But watching them last night, that secondary is amazing. They deserve some props. Chaminade had some athletes on at the WR position, and they just couldn't do much against the Folsom secondary.

Final score: Folsom 70-34

Beautiful night in West Hills! On to league play in the SFL!

Go Road Dawgs!

I think I seen 21 points in 4 plays. The timing of the screen plays are amazing beautifully executed idk know how we are gonna stop it but I know we are are 35-14

All good points; I think St. Francis would easily be the second best team in the SFL. They are very good.

The only thing that looks a bit bad IMO is the running up the score, I know it was a “statement” game but 70 points? That’s where a school like DLS sets an example of professionalism and respect. I’ve always liked when schools show respect to others no matter how much of a “statement” game it is.

Reactions: remc
The only thing that looks a bit bad IMO is the running up the score, I know it was a “statement” game but 70 points? That’s where a school like DLS sets an example of professionalism and respect. I’ve always liked when schools show respect to others no matter how much of a “statement” game it is.

Just judging from updates, seemed like a lot of quick early scores for Folsom which can lead to more total points even if you are letting up no also think Folsom’s base offense leads to more points even with backups than a veer would.

Not sure if the actual game varied off that line of thinking, but those are some thoughts to why 70 was put up

Reactions: Dan12Kings
Just judging from updates, seemed like a lot of quick early scores for Folsom which can lead to more total points even if you are letting up no also think Folsom’s base offense leads to more points even with backups than a veer would.

Not sure if the actual game varied off that line of thinking, but those are some thoughts to why 70 was put up
I also hadn’t looked at the fact that Chaminade put up 34 probably more to the 70 points was due to the fact that both teams where scoring a lot during trash time. So I kind of see now why they did it. I guess no defense was played at all in the second half.

Actually Chaminade has seen this before and I was there to witness it.A couple years ago Centennial rolled into West Hills and it was the same type of game.Just to give an example with less than a minute left before half time Centennial had the ball inside their own 10 yard and it was 4th down and long because of penalties....they went for it and scored a TD on the play.Very impressive win for Folsom...the loss to DLS is only going to sting more if DLS doesn’t lose to a California team

I also hadn’t looked at the fact that Chaminade put up 34 probably more to the 70 points was due to the fact that both teams where scoring a lot during trash time. So I kind of see now why they did it. I guess no defense was played at all in the second half.

LOL. Lets just say the men beat the boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT