ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs. Chaminade 70-35 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
So iam pulling for Chaminade the rest of the year to make some noise in SoCal, but I agree with some that I would have liked to see Folsom have faced a team like Cen10 with a similar offense to Folsom. Not a slam on Folsom, but I just give them more credit as to the level their at and who I feel they could compete with. Folsom could have stayed closer to home and faced a team of similar caliber to Chaminade. If your going to travel to SoCal when your at Folsoms level than face the best they have to offer.

I realize of course that maybe Chaminade was the best they could get based on what weeks they had available on their schedule when they tried to schedule a marquee matchup.

Spartans fans should consider themselves fortunate that the playoff rules make it extremely unlikely, maybe impossible for a playoff rematch.

I doubt DLS fans consider themselves fortunate and actually would prefer to see a rematch. Anyone whose followed DLS for anytime knows they are at their most vulnerable stage in the beggining of the season. They have on many occasions struggled with a team earlier in the season only to face the same team again later and dominated them.

I for one would have loved to see how a late season DLS defense would hold up against a late season Folsom offense and in turn see how a late season Folsom defense does against a late season DLS offense. I firmly believe the DLS offense will be clicking much better later this season and am upset that it will be almost impossible to see a late season matchup between the 2. I agree with some that a rematch is a 50/50 matchup that could go either way.

At this point since that wont happen I'm just going to pull for both schools to run the table and make some noise in this years SBG's

Pretty sure that the DLS secondary is indeed the best in Nor Cal. Looks like DLS has 5-6 D1 players or more on defense. They totally shut down one of the best receivers in the country in their first game of the season. Many were frankly surprised how much talent DLS has on defense.

At least we know that this year DLS will acquit themselves better against MD or SJB in the State Open Game. Probably fair to call that game DLS vs.The Traveling All Star Team of Transfers, or something like that.

i caught the game on the stream last night. wow was folsom loaded. haven't seen an offense like that in a long time

folsoms offense gets a lot of credit locally but there defense is the best ive seen so far in norcal, gotta give em props

two of out first 4 games on the road against top opponents. fun to watch I tell ya

i caught the game on the stream last night. wow was folsom loaded. haven't seen an offense like that in a long time

folsoms offense gets a lot of credit locally but there defense is the best ive seen so far in norcal, gotta give em props

two of out first 4 games on the road against top opponents. fun to watch I tell ya

Lets see how St. John Bosco does against Chaminade next week.

Just judging from updates, seemed like a lot of quick early scores for Folsom which can lead to more total points even if you are letting up no also think Folsom’s base offense leads to more points even with backups than a veer would.

Not sure if the actual game varied off that line of thinking, but those are some thoughts to why 70 was put up

Honestly Folsom could have rang up 90 if they wanted too. They barely played starters in the second half and Chaminade left there's in. Folsom could have taken a knee I guess but what good is that.

Honestly Folsom could have rang up 90 if they wanted too. They barely played starters in the second half and Chaminade left there's in. Folsom could have taken a knee I guess but what good is that.
their offense is off the charts. i am more impressed with the defense. it is the best defense i have seen in watching norcal football for 30 plus years. that's a lot of fball

So norcalfootballfan2, you are saying the Folsom defense is better than the GREAT defenses that DLS had in the late 1990's and early 2000's? Are you sure you want to make that statement? I mean, DLS in those years had players went NFL (D.J. William, Simon, Bates, etc.). Did you ever attend a DLS game in those years?

Reactions: remc
...i am more impressed with the defense. it is the best defense i have seen in watching norcal football for 30 plus years. that's a lot of fball

Um...what??? Do you mean the best FOLSOM defense you’ve ever seen? I hope that’s what you mean. Otherwise, well, um... (SMH)

Um...what??? Do you mean the best FOLSOM defense you’ve ever seen? I hope that’s what you mean. Otherwise, well, um... (SMH)
yes my friend should have clarified, best Folsom defense ive ever seen and best defense in norcal this year so far just stunning. caught the stream last night and had a blast with a glass of wine and a pretty wife of mine. the offense sure is fun to watch though never seen 56 in a half like that with stellar defnse

So norcalfootballfan2, you are saying the Folsom defense is better than the GREAT defenses that DLS had in the late 1990's and early 2000's? Are you sure you want to make that statement? I mean, DLS in those years had players went NFL (D.J. William, Simon, Bates, etc.). Did you ever attend a DLS game in those years?
Without even mentioning those DLS D's of the past, I'm still scratching my head on how this poster thinks this Folsoms D is better than DLS's D of this year. Sure they held DLS's O to 14 pts, but this is exactly why I would love to see a late season rematch between them. When DLS has time to get all the new guys on offense clicking. I think the fact DLS was so effective at shutting down the Folsom offense when it counted, I think it speaks volumes to the level DLS's defense is at this year.

But with all that aside I can't help but notice this so called 30 yr fan of Norcal football just joined the site today and is already making opinions that will definitely get the attention of long time posters who have been around this game for just as long as he claims to have been.

I feel bad for the rest of the SFL.... Absolutely no chance.
I’m a big DO fan and I feel quite the opposite. I know DO and the rest of the SFL will have only a nano chance at beating Folsom which is to say almost no chance but I don’t feel bad about it. How many Central and NorCal leagues have an elite team in their league to target to strive to improve and play up to?

... I believe every single Folsom SFL game will be a running clock...

That is no disrespect to the SFL teams, as I believe there are a few very good ones this year...
Folsom better put a running clock on each SFL team else I’ll be very disappointed.

No disrespect at all, as I and others have said Folsom is on another level and they better back it up it in league...

Reactions: Dan12Kings
I hope his other handle didn’t get banned. He sure can make one not appreciate the run folsom is having.
I totally agree and I actually like and root for Folsom, but I'm also realistic when I say they don't play teams that can justify their ranking. Their lack of an elite schedule makes it hard to sell them as a top national ranked team.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
I totally agree and I actually like and root for Folsom, but I'm also realistic when I say they don't play teams that can justify their ranking. Their lack of an elite schedule makes it hard to sell them as a top national ranked team.
just nailed it, Top 25 Elite National Teams should be ranked based on what schedules they play year in and year out

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT