ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs. Chaminade 70-35 FINAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

cashisking18

Sports Fanatic
Jul 26, 2018
Well good morning fellow NorCal fans! It is only a few days before kick off. I wanted to give my personal breakdown of the game, to include some streaming options, as provided by some of our most generous posters! (thanks guys) The game kicks off in West Hills, on Friday, at 7 pm.

Folsom comes into the game, currently ranked #5 in the state, #13 nationally, and #2 in NorCal, per Calpreps. Folsom is coming off of two blowout victories over Jesuit and Antelope, as well as a week 0 loss to De La Salle. Folsom is star studded on both sides of the ball, but haven't really been tested since the week 0 loss to De La Salle. We will see if this is a factor in this game or not. Folsom would like to get off to a hot start and keep it going, as we have seen in the previous 2 games. Folsom's starters haven't seen a lot of action into the second half in the last 2 games. That could be a factor as well, if this game is competitive into the 2nd half.

Chaminade comes into the game, currently ranked #12 in the state per Calpreps, and #10 in SoCal per the LA Times. They are coming off a win against Mission Hills. They are currently 2-1. They have a bad blowout loss to Oaks Christian. They are a strong team who likes to run out of the Power-I formation, but can also pass the ball. They have some very strong returning players, along with some younger players, which should make them very strong on both sides of the ball. They have a strong offensive and defensive front that should line up strong against the Bulldogs. Ryan Stevens leads the way at QB for Chaminade. They spread the ball around to a plethora of RBs and WRs. They have a lot of weapons. They have passed the ball 73 times this season and rain it 124 times, making them more of a run heavy team.

Strength of Schedules:
Folsom- 43.7
Chaminade- 39.1

Ways to watch:
Maxpreps live game tracker- www.maxpreps.com
Fox Sports App- Prep Zone

Calpreps Matchup Predictor: Folsom 20-14
My Prediction: Folsom 41-17

Last edited:
I watched Chaminade scrimmage against Narbonne,which I have done the last four years, and they are not as good as last year.Very young team with potential.Their offense is the spread but in short yardage or inside the opponent 30-40 they will go to the power I which they run more like a double wing with the full back and In past years the QB leading through the hole.

The QB is inconsistent which makes them more of a ground threat.Their defense plays hard but can be exposed because of youth. 41-17 might not be to far off if Folsom is what the rankings say they are.

I think Folsom makes a statement as well. And quite frankly they need to make one. I'm saying a nice 3TD margin. Something like 42-21. Go dawgs!

Reactions: cashisking18
If I was Chaminade I might just run the power I as my offense to try and control tempo and wear down Folsom’s D
I agree it would control the tempo and keep the score down. But in the end this Folsom team is way to much. They would still win by at least 20.

You are. greater LA area which includes IE and Orange. SD, baskersfield, not included. Team like LCC and torrey pines would be ahead of 'Nade in a s. cal ranking.
Gotcha. I went back and checked Calpreps. They have Chaminade at #11 in SoCal. But I guess that is splitting hairs.

Gotcha. I went back and checked Calpreps. They have Chaminade at #11 in SoCal. But I guess that is splitting hairs.

A well deserved ranking for Chaminade, they are a team that is all business... They really stepped up Playing Folsom and Bosco in back to back weeks with a team that only returns a few starters and they are ducking no one... Great classy program and a great example of how the SS D1 teams have to play tough schedules to prepare for the playoffs...

The most impressive thing is that they scheduled Bosco in the regular season with a very young team knowing they will likely have to play them in the playoffs.... They will keep it close but Folsom wins by I think 17....

Reactions: remc and Bandagain
A well deserved ranking for Chaminade, they are a team that is all business... They really stepped up Playing Folsom and Bosco in back to back weeks with a team that only returns a few starters and they are ducking no one... Great classy program and a great example of how the SS D1 teams have to play tough schedules to prepare for the playoffs...

The most impressive thing is that they scheduled Bosco in the regular season with a very young team knowing they will likely have to play them in the playoffs.... They will keep it close but Folsom wins by I think 17....

It's how to prep a team for the grind. Wish more NorCal teams would challenge themselves as well, to many teams scheduling teams the have no business playing.

It's how to prep a team for the grind. Wish more NorCal teams would challenge themselves as well, to many teams scheduling teams the have no business playing.

Perhaps a little easier said than done. The SoCal schools have quite a few options within their regional area. Which NorCal Teams are you referring to when you make your statement? There are only so many high quality programs around up here.

Last edited:
I think Folsom makes a statement as well. And quite frankly they need to make one. I'm saying a nice 3TD margin. Something like 42-21. Go dawgs!
I agree with Larry. Statement game against a SoCal top 10 opponent in their backyard. 3 TD margin sounds about right. I don't see Chaminade being able to do much on the lines due to how good Folsom is up front this year. Another team learned that first hand in week 0!

Go Road Dawgs!

This is a continuation of a series that started last year. They didn't just schedule this game for this year. A little misleading to say they stepped up this year.

I agree with Larry. Statement game against a SoCal top 10 opponent in their backyard. 3 TD margin sounds about right. I don't see Chaminade being able to do much on the lines due to how good Folsom is up front this year. Another team learned that first hand in week 0!

Go Road Dawgs!
Funny thing is DLS hasn’t had a 7 sacks and 5 turnovers game since. I feel Folsom‘s line play was probably the most disappointing part of week 0.

Funny thing is DLS hasn’t had a 7 sacks and 5 turnovers game since. I feel Folsom‘s line play was probably the most disappointing part of week 0.
Great observation!

DLS gained over 300 yards rushing against Central (best opponent so far outside Folsom) and 400 to BOD. DLS gained just over 100 against Folsoms disappointing defensive line.

Sacks are always bad. Bennett took a few sacks he shouldn't have. First game jitters I guess. Still managed to nearly match DLS in offensive yards, even with taking 7 sacks. Amazing stat!

Folsom's line play is legit. Out muscled everyone so far IMO. Let's see if it continues on Friday down south.

Go Road Dawgs!

Last edited:
Depends on how you look at it.

DLS gained over 300 yards rushing against Central (best opponent so far outside Folsom) and 400 to BOD. DLS gained just over 100 against Folsoms disappointing defensive line.

Sacks are always bad. Bennett took a few sacks he shouldn't have. First game jitters I guess. Still managed to nearly match DLS in offensive yards, even with taking 7 sacks. Amazing stat!

Folsom's line play is legit. Out muscled everyone so far IMO.
Well given the fact you don’t know witch end of the football points forward I guess that’s what you would see. For Folsom it’s first game jitters. But for DLS it’s mid season and there line just got out played. Go ahead and give up 7 sacks and 5 turnovers tomorrow and see what happens. By the way it doesn’t matter witch end of the football points forward.

Well given the fact you don’t know witch end of the football points forward I guess that’s what you would see. For Folsom it’s first game jitters. But for DLS it’s mid season and there line just got out played. Go ahead and give up 7 sacks and 5 turnovers tomorrow and see what happens. By the way it doesn’t matter witch end of the football points forward.
Hey, giving up 100 yards rushing in an entire game against the DLS veer is something positive to walk away with.

Now we just have to go down a lay a huge beating on SoCals #10 team to make a statement!

Go Road Dawgs!

Hey, giving up 100 yards rushing in an entire game against the DLS veer is something positive to walk away with.

Now we just have to go down a lay a huge beating on SoCals #10 team to make a statement!

Go Road Dawgs!
In spite of your ridiculous statements. I hope and believe Folsom will give them a beating.
At least 3TD’s.

Folsom D line was good but the O line had their problems albeit against a very good front 7

Reactions: concrete17
Folsom D line was good but the O line had their problems albeit against a very good front 7

This is pretty spot on. An issue with the discussion is lumping line play together. Folsom's DL is really good which is should be with two physical, D1 prospect on the ends. Similar to the physicality they had in 2014 on the DL. OL had issues in the opener against maybe the best front seven in NorCal (Pittsburg is the only one I've seen that can compare). For Folsom, OL doesn't have to be great and I think it will continue to grow as the season continues.

Reactions: concrete17
This is pretty spot on. An issue with the discussion is lumping line play together. Folsom's DL is really good which is should be with two physical, D1 prospect on the ends. Similar to the physicality they had in 2014 on the DL. OL had issues in the opener against maybe the best front seven in NorCal (Pittsburg is the only one I've seen that can compare). For Folsom, OL doesn't have to be great and I think it will continue to grow as the season continues.
I agree. I don't think Chaminade's defensive line with be amazing by any means, and I think Folsom's O-line is generally above average. You are correct about them not having to be great...just pretty good.

Go Road Dawgs!
Where do you get that nade is a SoCal top 10?

LA Times does not cover all of SoCal, I am pretty sure and everybody knows CalPreps is not worth a dime until about a month into the season. Truth is Chaminade is no where near what they were last year. If Folsom does not win by at least 4 TD's, then they should be worried.
I didn't make the rankings. However, LA times ranked everyone in SoCal (see link above) pretty much except for the Bakersfield area which would not be in the top 10 anyways.

Calpreps has Chaminade at 11 in SoCal.

They are a solid SoCal team.

I still like Folsom by 3 TDs

LA Times does not cover all of SoCal, I am pretty sure and everybody knows CalPreps is not worth a dime until about a month into the season. Truth is Chaminade is no where near what they were last year. If Folsom does not win by at least 4 TD's, then they should be worried.
I don’t think it matters to the Folsom staff. In the end they scheduled a SoCal team and that will look good to the stock holders. Right now Chaminade is #10 or #11 they probably won’t be in the top 20 in SoCal by mid season.

Great observation!

Folsom's line play is legit. Out muscled everyone so far IMO. Let's see if it continues on Friday down south.

Go Road Dawgs!

If folsoms line play was that good you wouldn’t have needed a stacked box to stop dls. They dominated your offensive line with only 4 down linemen that’s called domination

If folsoms line play was that good you wouldn’t have needed a stacked box to stop dls. They dominated your offensive line with only 4 down linemen that’s called domination
That may be the case, if in the next two weeks after this game, two different teams tried the same approach and were torched for 300 and 400 yards on the ground. Folsom gave up around 100. I'd say that is pretty stellar if you ask me.

Even more stellar is the fact the only gave up around 100 yards in the air. Is the secondary that good? They must be if they are "stacking the box" on every play.

Just my two cents. But hey, what do I know?

Anyways- back to Chaminade! Should be a great game against a top 10 SoCal opponent. This is what everyone wanted!

Go Road Dawgs!

I'm just glad Folsom scheduled them. Great start climbing up the SoCal HS football chain. Oaks Christian should be next.
Spot on junkie! Oaks Christian is legit this year. They may be a top 5 team in SoCal IMO. Tough to predict who will be good, great, elite, or in between each year. You don't get two regional top 10 teams going head to head often like tonight! Thanks again for the kind words this year.

Go Road Dawgs!

Last edited:
Well guys- I got into LA (West Hills) late yesterday afternoon. Weather is nice down here, just a little warm, but not bad. Should be about 83 degrees around kick off, but will cool down into the mid 70s as the game moves on. Not bad at all for early September.

I shot over to the field last night. Nice place. The Bulldogs should be right at home with that blue turf. Should be a fun game! You don't get two respective top 10 teams in their respective regions, going head to head like this that often.

Stream for tonight:
Fox Sports App- Prep Zone
MaxPreps game tracker, live scoring

A look at "the nest" as the call the Chaminade College student section. Should be a hostile environment for the Road Dawgs tonight!

Alright guys- I met some really cool locals this morning at breakfast who attend just about every Chaminade home game. They speak very highly of the team, program, and school. It was cool to meet them.

According to them:
1. Alex Okuribido is a LOAD in the back field. He is a physical back, averaging about 77 yards a game.
2. Don Harrell is a big time receiver. Chaminade spreads the ball around, but this guy gets a lot of looks. They said he's gotten exponentially better each week.

Folsom should have their hands fun with these guys, plus the QB Ryan Stevens, who is very good. All three players are seniors and returners from last years great team.

This should be a fun match up! Hope you all enjoyed the breakdown!

Go Road Dawgs!

That may be the case, if in the next two weeks after this game, two different teams tried the same approach and were torched for 300 and 400 yards on the ground. Folsom gave up around 100. I'd say that is pretty stellar if you ask me.

Even more stellar is the fact the only gave up around 100 yards in the air. Is the secondary that good? They must be if they are "stacking the box" on every play.

Just my two cents. But hey, what do I know?

Anyways- back to Chaminade! Should be a great game against a top 10 SoCal opponent. This is what everyone wanted!

Go Road Dawgs!

11 pass attempts and they could’ve threw the ball all game but that’s not dls. Folsom could’ve had a lot of success running the ball but that’s not what they do

11 pass attempts and they could’ve threw the ball all game
If they could have, they would have. They couldn't run the ball effectively either, as shown by the 14 offensive points.

Folsom could’ve had a lot of success running the ball
They had early success running the ball and went away from it, especially in the second half. I personally thought this was a mistake.

Anyways- on to Chaminade! Great weather down here btw.

If they could have, they would have. They couldn't run the ball effectively either, as shown by the 14 offensive points.
I guess Folsom couldn’t do anything right, as shown by the 0 points they had.

Anyway- on to Chaminade!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT