ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Folsom vs. Helix

All the chatter has come from a very small minority that appears to have biased opinions of Folsom. Majority on this board feels Folsom is good, but untested, so not nearly enough on them to make any real educated opinion on how they would do against the top dogs of CA.

I didn't say I don't think they are good. They aren't physical big difference. Have to be good and physical to hang with DLS

Reactions: FootballJunkie101
Fake punt by Helix comes up short and Folsom has the ball into Helix territory at under three minutes left Q2

Bennett with a 32 yard TD run. Shot through the hole to give Folsom a 28-14 lead with 210 left in the half.

Gavin Davis-Smith with an INT gives Folsom the ball on Helix's 42 yard line. Bulldogs looking for more

Yeah not seeing much physicality up front from Folsom, absolutely gettting shoved around on both sides......poor Folsom no push up front

They are playing Helix who lost to D5 Paraclete who got blown out by Narbonne lol.They are a very good team but the big boys would beat them

Teams like MD ,SJB and Bishop Gorman would drag Folsom out to the deep water and drown them
I think SJB got much of its talk this year by reputation. They weren't nearly as good as last year. I watched their game against Orange Lutheran and they were not that impressive. They ended up running up the score at the end to make the win look better than it was, but it was tied in the 3rd quarter. They didn't look that good against Aquinas, either. I think the only reason they beat Centennial was because the Huskie's QB got hurt.

I think this Folsom team would do just fine against them. Mater Dei and Bishop Gorman are far superior teams to just about anyone else in California, though, but SJB was overrated, in my opinion.

Reactions: thekingera
They are playing Helix who lost to D5 Paraclete who got blown out by Narbonne lol.They are a very good team but the big boys would beat them
You're making too much of the Paraclete game. That was the first game of the season. Literally, an entire season has passed since that game.

4-9 from the 29 yard line, Joe Ngata gets 14 yards on a good ball from Bennett.

Ball on the 15 yard line with 18 seconds left

Helix looking to get boat raced.

Oakdale gave Folsom a better game.

Helix can’t run the ball and cannot stop Folsom on defense.

I was hoping for a closer game.

Folsom misses a 33 yard field goal to end the first half. Bulldogs lead Helix 28-14 at halftime.

I know my eyes told me that CP had #27 in the country, sounds like nowhere close to big boy status.......hence why I said Folsom insnt looking very physical at all

Helix has looked terrible since those first two scores. If Folsom ends up winning and DLS loses big tomorrow, I can see the bowl committee throwing Folsom a bone and sending them to the Open next year with all the talent Folsom has returning. I also see this Folsom team making it to the Open game next year on merit alone, they look good for a team with so many underclassmen.

Reactions: thekingera
Folsom isn't as physical up front as they were in 14, but the skill guys are better. Ngata is a star and Badger will be one too (not at that level, but still very good). Better running game this year, but the way Browning ran that passing game was phenomenal.

I think SJB got much of its talk this year by reputation. They weren't nearly as good as last year. I watched their game against Orange Lutheran and they were not that impressive. They ended up running up the score at the end to make the win look better than it was, but it was tied in the 3rd quarter. They didn't look that good against Aquinas, either. I think the only reason they beat Centennial was because the Huskie's QB got hurt.

I think this Folsom team would do just fine against them. Mater Dei and Bishop Gorman are far superior teams to just about anyone else in California, though, but SJB was overrated, in my opinion.

Overrated or not SJB would beat this version of Folsom of this I am certain.The 14 Folsom team was much more physical

Reactions: aztecpadre
Overrated or not SJB would beat this version of Folsom of this I am certain.The 14 Folsom team was much more physical

Correct. I don't know who would win that game I haven't seen SJB play this year. But I have seen DLS a few times and this Folsom team wouldn't stand a chance.

Whatever same kind of talk going around last time the two teams met and both time DLS punched them in the mouth. They would grind this team.

I agree I said if u can read DLS 9 out of 10 times, this dls squad lack a playmaker at QB and their 2 gamebreakers on offense aren’t a 100%

I didn't say I don't think they are good. They aren't physical big difference. Have to be good and physical to hang with DLS
Not sure what you mean by this post. All I said was the chatter was created by a small minority of biased opinions. I knew exactly what you were saying and have the same opinion as you, but to be fair and unbiased, I am giving the benefit of doubt that they are POSSIBLY better than we think since we've never seen them play anyone nationally ranked which makes them an unknown as to how they would actually do against that caliber of opponent. But all the times I've seen them play, I would agree that I don't think they would be able to hang with the top ranked teams.

Not sure what you mean by this post. All I said was the chatter was created by a small minority of biased opinions. I knew exactly what you were saying and have the same opinion as you, but to be fair and unbiased, I am giving the benefit of doubt that they are POSSIBLY better than we think since we've never seen them play anyone nationally ranked which makes them an unknown as to how they would actually do against that caliber of opponent. But all the times I've seen them play, I would agree that I don't think they would be able to hang with the top ranked teams.

Simple I don't care what their rank is, ranks are fun but mean nothing. This team is soft, DLS even on down years isn't. This team would not stand much of a chance. Solid tackling, disciplined attack, and a physical game on both sides of the ball is who DLS is. Soft, chuck n duck approach won't get it done.

Simple I don't care what their rank is, ranks are fun but mean nothing. This team is soft, DLS even on down years isn't. This team would not stand much of a chance. Solid tackling, disciplined attack, and a physical game on both sides of the ball is who DLS is. Soft, chuck n duck approach won't get it done.

Worked for BG and will work for MD tomorrow

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT