ADVERTISEMENT

Irish Sweep SI and VC

Irish_Cheers

Hall of Famer
May 11, 2008
SHC 4
St. Ignatius 0

Game was supposed to have been played at SFSU, then Westborough Park and finally at Fairmont. For both games vs. SI, the visitor was the "home" team at the visitor's park.

Last edited:
Good for them for the other schools it might be time to call up those young guys to get some varsity experience for next year.

Doesn't Serra have what amounts to a two-game lead in the varsity standings. Padres have a single league loss. Maybe I have over-stuffed my entire physique with Easter food and beverages. But aren't they 6-1?

Doesn't Serra have what amounts to a two-game lead in the varsity standings. Padres have a single league loss. Maybe I have over-stuffed my entire physique with Easter food and beverages. But aren't they 6-1?
Yes, but the WCAL is using a point system. SHC has also played more games.

Yes, but the WCAL is using a point system. SHC has also played more games.
AH, lets avoid "point system" and take it apples for apples. Serra in first place. Considering the history of SHC (and City) baseball for past 40 years, I would just stay humble and approach league one game at a time and hope for the best. Irish on cusp, but no guarantees.

Looking at most of the early season SHC played some weak competition. Some good WCAL wins but not dominating. Why would SHC schedule Lick-Wilmerding almost at the end of their schedule? Playing weak teams does not

Why schedule lick almost at the end? SHC early schedule looked way to easy.

Looking at most of the early season SHC played some weak competition. Some good WCAL wins but not dominating. Why would SHC schedule Lick-Wilmerding almost at the end of their schedule? Playing weak teams does not
Using your logic you can say three league losses to Serra (1-0), Bellarmine (3-1) and St. Francis (3-0) , were not at the hands of dominate teams. With weather being as is, I am sure games have been rescheduled (ie LW).

Look, SHC has not justified a region-wide approach for non-league competition. Teams mentioned above have proven over the years to warrant invites to big tournaments. As good as SHC will be over next two years, they just dont warrant a big non-league schedule. That may change, but for now, lets appreciate a City team that can compete in league for the time being. When is the last time a City team has hosted a first round playoff game? S.I. in 2012, maybe? We know darn well an outright championship is 40 years in the making.

Seems as if, with SHC's recent success, some are feeling a bit threatened. SHC or any other City team will always have issue with sustainability. So let's just appreciate the competition rather than try to find ways to diminish the little success they potentially can have. Dont worry big boys, all will be right in the long run.

AH, lets avoid "point system" and take it apples for apples. Serra in first place. Considering the history of SHC (and City) baseball for past 40 years, I would just stay humble and approach league one game at a time and hope for the best. Irish on cusp, but no guarantees.
I concur, but that loss to Serra was only 1-0 and so far, they've swept VC and S.I. They've also beaten the Bells, Riordan and Mitty. No smoke and mirrors here.

Got it. Baseball ties. Something new. Preserves prep pitchers and their arms.
I'm sure the games would go on if they played under the lights. Remember night games at Funston? It was warmer at night than in the afternoon with all that wind.

Serra beat Mitty today. So Serra and SHC should be tied for first. Unless my math is right up there with the stars of Dumb and Dumber.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT