ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at Potebtail CIF State Game Matchups

How did this thread turn into a ‘bash JN session”? Seriously guys...can we move on? I know Cookie loves him...and that makes everyone upset. But that’s no reason to just go after the kid. Is he the best ever in SJS? Um...no. Is he a truly talented WR? Of course! other than that...who cares if he got 80 yards or 2 yards against DLS? He didn’t single-handedly get shut down despite some postErs on here saying he did, but he also didn’t step up in the biggest game of the season (not that the QB gave him much to work with). Either way, looks like a Bunch of grown men arguing non-stop about a high school kids stats in a single game.

SMH

How did this thread turn into a ‘bash JN session”? Seriously guys...get over it? I know Cookie loves him...but that’s no reason to just go after the kid. Is he the best ever in SJS? Um...no. Is he a truly talented WR? Of course! Othe than that...who cares if he got 80 yards or 2 yards against DLS? Bunch of grown men arguing non-stop about a high school kid ina single game.

SMH
Not going after him, he’s a great player. I saw him against DLS and he’s quite impressive looking as a high school player. I think it’s just the DLS game we’re talking about

Reactions: jamzz94549
Not going after him, he’s a great player. I saw him against DLS and he’s quite impressive looking as a high school player. I think it’s just the DLS game we’re talking about

Um...exactly. What part of my post is confusing you?

“Who cares if he got 80 yards or 2 yards against DLS? Bunch of grown men arguing non-stop about a high school kid in a single game”?

Still...SMH

How did this thread turn into a ‘bash JN session”? Seriously guys...can we move on? I know Cookie loves him...and that makes everyone upset. But that’s no reason to just go after the kid. Is he the best ever in SJS? Um...no. Is he a truly talented WR? Of course! other than that...who cares if he got 80 yards or 2 yards against DLS? He didn’t single-handedly get shut down despite some postErs on here saying he did, but he also didn’t step up in the biggest game of the season (not that the QB gave him much to work with). Either way, looks like a Bunch of grown men arguing non-stop about a high school kids stats in a single game.

SMH

The issue is that the Folsom Posters insist that their team and athletes would beat a nationally relevant team like Centennial yet they never play anyone except for DLS who they cant even score against.

Yet, somehow their athletes are better and they are more physical and whatever other nonsense they want to throw out. Folsom posters somehow think that running up the score against teams they know they can beat is better then challenging themselves against top public school competition.

When they lose to DLS, they cry DLS is private and has advantages. Folsom is the definition of a Paper Tiger....

Think about this, Corona Centennial has played IMG twice and plays "Transfer Train" SJB and MD every year in the playoffs... What has Folsom done?.... 0-3 against DLS and asked not have to play them anymore to go to the state bowl games...

Please Folsom fans, enough is enough.... You have a great team and are having a great season, leave it alone, you lost to DLS, and scheduled no one else good, you are not on the level of a Corona Centennial...

I bet if you guys call them though, they pick up the phone...;););)

but do you really think a 4.6 40 at the FBS level is going to cut it at WR?

To be fair, why not? Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Bolden had pretty good collegiate and pro careers with similar or worse times. Not so oddly, Ngata reminds of me of the two. Physical, strong, tough to tackle. Chip on his shoulder. There's no reason he can't be a WR at Clemson or anywhere else.

Also, are we sure of his 40 time? He looks plenty fast to me.

Even the GOAT Jerry Rice didn't post a fast 40 time in college. Didn't matter did it?

To be fair, why not? Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Bolden had pretty good collegiate and pro careers with similar or worse times. Not so oddly, Ngata reminds of me of the two. Physical, strong, tough to tackle. Chip on his shoulder. There's no reason he can't be a WR at Clemson or anywhere else.

Even the GOAT Jerry Rice didn't post a fast 40 time in college. Didn't matter did it?

He’s a 4.6. Speed pops off on film have you seen him run when they give him a reverse he’s no idea what to do. Against helix last year they mentioned his speed being a 4.6 but honestly who really cares a 4.6 is still plenty fast it’s just not break away speed. But when you compare him to Shaq that’s when he lost me cause Shaq was the fastest In nor cal. I think we’d appreciate folsom more is that poster didn’t say crazy things but that’s his thing. Overdose is on folsom then play the victim when we hit him with some facts

Reactions: aztecpadre

SMH

It’s hasn’t ever been about JN it’s always been about slapping Folsom fan back into reality

The issue is that the Folsom Posters insist that their team and athletes would beat a nationally relevant team like Centennial yet they never play anyone except for DLS who they cant even score against.

Yet, somehow their athletes are better and they are more physical and whatever other nonsense they want to throw out. Folsom posters somehow think that running up the score against teams they know they can beat is better then challenging themselves against top public school competition.

When they lose to DLS, they cry DLS is private and has advantages. Folsom is the definition of a Paper Tiger....

Think about this, Corona Centennial has played IMG twice and plays "Transfer Train" SJB and MD every year in the playoffs... What has Folsom done?.... 0-3 against DLS and asked not have to play them anymore to go to the state bowl games...

Please Folsom fans, enough is enough.... You have a great team and are having a great season, leave it alone, you lost to DLS, and scheduled no one else good, you are not on the level of a Corona Centennial...

I bet if you guys call them though, they pick up the phone...;););)

What does any of your above post have to do with my post about guys arguing about how many yards Ngata got in a single game against DLS?

And by “Folsom fans”and “Folsom posters” do you mean Cookie and his multiple handles? I know he can be a handful, and rather irritating (I’ve had my share of posts with him) but’s it’s hilarious how many people use the “Folsom and their fans” excuse for these runaway threads, as if there are just tons of Folsom fans on here making ridiculous arguments. It’s one guy...multiple handles....but a single poster that riles all of you up.

And for the record, the very first post of this thread included a backhanded jab at Folsom. Just sayin

Reactions: observer22
He’s a 4.6. Speed pops off on film have you seen him run when they give him a reverse he’s no idea what to do. Against helix last year they mentioned his speed being a 4.6 but honestly who really cares a 4.6 is still plenty fast it’s just not break away speed. But when you compare him to Shaq that’s when he lost me cause Shaq was the fastest In nor cal. I think we’d appreciate folsom more is that poster didn’t say crazy things but that’s his thing. Overdose is on folsom then play the victim when we hit him with some facts

I get that Shaq is faster. I'm just questioning this 4.6 stuff. Is that an official time according to Ngata, the Folsom coaches or scouts? Or is it just some narrative that's catching on because someone said it.

Regardless, even if true, it doesn't mean much. Lots of successful WR's have posted equal or worse times and been all-world. I just thought of another current one, which is Jarvis Landry. Like Fitzgerald and Bolden, he's a tough physical kid with great hands but no top end speed.

When all is said and done, I won't be surprised if Joe Ngata is a 4.5 guy once in college. He looks plenty fast to me right now and will likely improve his speed once he gets next level coaching and amenities.

Um...exactly. What part of my post is confusing you?

“Who cares if he got 80 yards or 2 yards against DLS? Bunch of grown men arguing non-stop about a high school kid in a single game”?

Still...SMH
Not confused at all

Reactions: jamzz94549
Off the top of my head and in no particular order, here are the players I'd be most likely to include in a top 20 HS players I've seen (from the SJS/NS) and based solely on what they did in HS:

Onterrio Smith, Lance Briggs, Tedy Bruschi, Aaron Garcia, Troy Taylor, Tony Cline, Jason Fisk, Shaq Thompson, Jake Browning, Willie Clark, Donte Stallworth, Chad Elliott, Joe Ngata, Devontae Booker, John Bordenkircher, James Kidd, Ryan Robards, Matt Barnes, Dano Graves, Brian Brown

There are tons of other players I could name that I know were also phenomenal. But I only listed players I saw play quite a bit and none that were before the time I really started paying attention.

For instance, I know Marc Hicks, Vince Delgado, Kevin Wilhite, Marshall Sperbeck, etc. were all top players in the late 70's and early 80's. I knew and read all about them when I was growing up. But I never really saw them play during those times (I was in grade school). I'm more of a 1984 to now guy.

I also acknowledge more current players such as Andrew Brown (who broke Onterrio Smith's TD record) and Derrion Grim (who had 34 TD receptions) accomplished some phenomenal things. But since I didn't see them play all that much, I don't include them.

ThunderRam, I see you included the NS, in your list. If we are just talking about H.S. I would add Brody Angley to rep the NS. CalHi Utility state player of the year.

Here is just one of his games I saw. Ran a hand-off for TD. Intercepted a pass for TD. Ran a kickoff back for a TD. Ran a punt back for TD. Caught a pass for TD. And then kick a field goal.
Would have easily had all time yardage record. Sat out second half of many games. Was being looked at by Stanford for football, went to Santa Clara for Hoops.

By the By, you asked how come I had so few posts. I was one of the original writers, scouts, and also on the evaluation committee, for this website. When the site was included with Rivals, there was a re-adjustment, everyone's posts were not included, including my thousands. Pretty much everything has been said a few times already. I spend most of my time now on the Hoop forum.
I do enjoy some of your posts, although you did a lot of hating and loathing just recently ;)
Here's wishing you great football.

Adults don’t go crying to Streak. Adults don’t go trolling every thread pushing Folsom down everyone’s throats. Adults don’t change there handle every other week.
Folsom is a good team you could even say great. But they aren’t special. They played one good team this year and got dismantled. Folsom will go on and win there cute little 1AA state game. And they will probably go buy themselves championship rings. But for anyone that’s every coached HSFB it’s the “open” or bust.
Wat is your problem with folsom.....you obviously have personal vendeta ...folsom is an amazing team and yes should have beaten dls and were not even close to dismantled..especially considering they have all this talent but they also turned ball over 6 times, i think 3 or 4 in red zone, played in concord, and were tied for longest time...i think folsom would win in rematch right now....but just cus folsom lost to dls or creamed a chaminade team not as good as last year...and by the same margin as sjb mind you..doesnt mean folsom isnt special, they are and i think would hang with sjb and could go either way and would put up a fight against md....i thinj the 2014 was spectacular and better than this team...this team has the better offensive skill players in wr and rb...but that folsom team had JB, JW, crazy good defense, crazy good ol and were just incredible on their attack and precision but i think this folsom team is a national top 25 for sure and i would pick them over or on par with dls sjb cent, above oaks, and under md...dont hate on folsom so much...u r probably jealous becus yor team isnt at the same level as folsom so u want to bad mouth or u r some bay area person (but not necessarily tied to dls) or some so cal fan who has not desire to see how good folsom is

mind-your-own-business.jpg

Reactions: slick58
Doubtful that Folsom could be DLS in a rematch. The reasons:

* DLS defense, which is VERY good, would have a season under their belts. They know how to stop Ngata.
* DLS now has a passing attack, and Folsom could not stack the box to stop the run.
* Folsom is not used to playing very good teams; i.e., DLS is the only really good team they have ever played.

In a rematch I say 31-14 DLS.

Ngata will get moved to TE in college. Stallworth and Shaq dominated games. Ngata does not. Its not to say he is not good, but do you really think a 4.6 40 at the FBS level is going to cut it at WR?

A move to TE wouldn’t be bad. The seam is looking golden in college and the pros. The defenseless player rule takes away a lot of risk of getting blown up. It’s almost all reward now.

A move to TE wouldn’t be bad. The seam is looking golden in college and the pros. The defenseless player rule takes away a lot of risk of getting blown up. It’s almost all reward now.
He won't be moved to TE. He will play WR at Clemson, as he fits their mold.

In response to some great discussion above- after weeks 3 and 4, I felt a Folsom/DLS rematch wouldn't be that great and would probably yield the same outcome. I stated this to a few of our Bulldog Nation fam who thought otherwise. I was quick to pump the brakes on them.

After seeing Folsom progress on offense and defense like they have, and having seen DLS struggle with Buchanan, I have since changed my stance and think Folsom would take the rematch, most likely by around 10 points.

1. Folsom defense is better at this point in the season
2. Folsom offense is exponentially better at this point in the season
3. DLS hasn't played a team like Folsom since week 0. Teams have been much lower quality.
4. A regional bowl game neutral field would likely favor the Bulldogs.

He won't be moved to TE. He will play WR at Clemson, as he fits their mold.

In response to some great discussion above- after weeks 3 and 4, I felt a Folsom/DLS rematch wouldn't be that great and would probably yield the same outcome. I stated this to a few of our Bulldog Nation fam who thought otherwise. I was quick to pump the brakes on them.

After seeing Folsom progress on offense and defense like they have, and having seen DLS struggle with Buchanan, I have since changed my stance and think Folsom would take the rematch, most likely by around 10 points.

1. Folsom defense is better at this point in the season
2. Folsom offense is exponentially better at this point in the season
3. DLS hasn't played a team like Folsom since week 0. Teams have been much lower quality.
4. A regional bowl game neutral field would likely favor the Bulldogs.

If you guys had not gotten beat by DLS you would have had a 24 game win streak going. Glad you finally played each other, so we at least have that in the books and dont have to listen to the likes of g61 cry all year about how folsom woulda beat dls had they played. U sound a lot like he did.

If you guys had not gotten beat by DLS you would have had a 24 game win streak going. Glad you finally played each other, so we at least have that in the books and dont have to listen to the likes of g61 cry all year about how folsom woulda beat dls had they played. U sound a lot like he did.
Hey that's not nice to resort to name calling.

The post you responded to had nothing to do with DLS.

You gotta figure out Liberty before you can mention DLS!

Last edited:
Cookie 530:
1. Folsom defense is not anywhere close to the DLS defense.
2. Both the Folsom and DLS offenses have improved over the season.
3. While it is true that DLS has not played teams near as good as Folsom, remember that since the first game of the season, DLS has played MUCH tougher teams than has Folsom:
Central Catholic
St. Francis
Bishop Gorman
Buchanan

Only Del Oro on Folsom's schedule could be considered as good as these other teams that DLS has played. They play again, same result as the last three times they played, and how it will be next year when they play. Please Cookie 530, or G61/Cashisking, enjoy Folsom for the very good team they are, but stop comparing them to DLS.

Publics:
1. Folsom
2. Cen10
3. MV

Privates:
1. MD
2. DLS & SJB tie

The top 3 publics could beat the tie for #2 in privates on any given day, from what I have seen this year.
I said it before and I’ll say it again. You have no clue when it comes to high school football. “ the top 3 publics could beat the tie for #2 in privates on any given day”. I think SJB just proved the top 3 public’s can’t beat any of the Top 3 privates. And you saying DLS & SJB tied for second means dls would beat MD. I don’t think so.

Wat is your problem with folsom.....you obviously have personal vendeta ...folsom is an amazing team and yes should have beaten dls and were not even close to dismantled..especially considering they have all this talent but they also turned ball over 6 times, i think 3 or 4 in red zone, played in concord, and were tied for longest time...i think folsom would win in rematch right now....but just cus folsom lost to dls or creamed a chaminade team not as good as last year...and by the same margin as sjb mind you..doesnt mean folsom isnt special, they are and i think would hang with sjb and could go either way and would put up a fight against md....i thinj the 2014 was spectacular and better than this team...this team has the better offensive skill players in wr and rb...but that folsom team had JB, JW, crazy good defense, crazy good ol and were just incredible on their attack and precision but i think this folsom team is a national top 25 for sure and i would pick them over or on par with dls sjb cent, above oaks, and under md...dont hate on folsom so much...u r probably jealous becus yor team isnt at the same level as folsom so u want to bad mouth or u r some bay area person (but not necessarily tied to dls) or some so cal fan who has not desire to see how good folsom is
I have absolutely nothing against Folsom. In fact I do have a personal vendetta against DLS. Folsom is a great team but no way are they special. Who have they beaten? It just shows your lack of HSFB knowledge when you say Folsom would beat them in a rematch. They played week 0 with what is supposed to be the greatest collection of offensive players sjs has ever had, yet they failed to score. Meanwhile against a 15 year old sophomore QB. And if you read all the posts you would understand why I said they dismantled them. You right my team isn’t as good as Folsom. Not even remotely close. How could you be on par with SJB but under MD? MD did get dismantled by SJB. I’m going to give you and the rest of your Folsom homers a reprieve because of your lack off knowledge. I don’t know if Folsom is a top 25 team. But they are close enough.

I would like to see the Northern California playoff system revised as such:

The top two teams (in this case DLS and Folsom), would meet to determine who goes to the State Open Game. The loser would go to the D1 game. Is it really that bad to have the team that lost in the State Open playin game go to the D1 game, especially if that team is the second best in Northern California?

I am not saying he has Zero chances of playing WR at Clemson. But, your examples are the exception to the rule so to speak.

Off the top of my head and in no particular order, here are the players I'd be most likely to include in a top 20 HS players I've seen (from the SJS/NS) and based solely on what they did in HS:

Onterrio Smith, Lance Briggs, Tedy Bruschi, Aaron Garcia, Troy Taylor, Tony Cline, Jason Fisk, Shaq Thompson, Jake Browning, Willie Clark, Donte Stallworth, Chad Elliott, Joe Ngata, Devontae Booker, John Bordenkircher, James Kidd, Ryan Robards, Matt Barnes, Dano Graves, Brian Brown

There are tons of other players I could name that I know were also phenomenal. But I only listed players I saw play quite a bit and none that were before the time I really started paying attention.

For instance, I know Marc Hicks, Vince Delgado, Kevin Wilhite, Marshall Sperbeck, etc. were all top players in the late 70's and early 80's. I knew and read all about them when I was growing up. But I never really saw them play during those times (I was in grade school). I'm more of a 1984 to now guy.
Don't forget about Jason Sehorn from Mt Shasta out of the NS.

G61, L68, TheFolsomBulldog, CashisKing, Cookie530, SFLFootball... all the same broken record.......Sybil is the best handle for that dude!

G61, L68, TheFolsomBulldog, CashisKing, Cookie530, SFLFootball... all the same broken record.......Sybil is the best handle for that dude!

Thanks. I missed this board last season when my house burned down in the tubbs fire, so lost track of all the handle changes.

I am not saying he has Zero chances of playing WR at Clemson. But, your examples are the exception to the rule so to speak.

Obviously you're right that better speed gives a player more of a chance to succeed, but I just feel that there are so many examples of receivers at the FBS level that have been in the 4.6 to 4.7 range. If Ngata was a smallish receiver, I'd be more concerned. But at his size, the speed isn't going to matter near as much. And similar to Jerry Rice, he just looks like a player that is as fast as he needs to be in the moments that he needs to be.

Also: ChrisRScoreMan, TheKingera, Folsombulldogchamps, folsomchamps6, foothillfootbal32, iknowigotskills, sierrafoothillking, and my current suspicion but not sure is The Heat Miser and Kickingtee18

can't make this stuff up! :)

Last edited:
Obviously you're right that better speed gives a player more of a chance to succeed, but I just feel that there are so many examples of receivers at the FBS level that have been in the 4.6 to 4.7 range. If Ngata was a smallish receiver, I'd be more concerned. But at his size, the speed isn't going to matter near as much. And similar to Jerry Rice, he just looks like a player that is as fast as he needs to be in the moments that he needs to be.
In my opinion your exactly right. Of course more speed would be great but with his size and strength I think he will be just fine. Although I think it’s to early to say he will be playing on Sundays. It would not surprise me if he does.

Reactions: ThunderRam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT