ADVERTISEMENT

Nate Anderson named new HC at Los Gatos

Did you create a user name to log on and complain? Nobody is ever happy anymore about anything. After Sandy left Los Altos - even that turned into a fiasco with liars figuring and figures lying.

This post was edited on 9/13 4:10 PM by Where Are They Now

Nope.... but as a person with inside knowledge of the their hiring process...it seems as if the Los Gatos board of interviewers always goes the safe route with inside hires. They tend to go the safe route always going with the person who will rock the boat the least.

My question is, why even have an interview process? You don't have to do that if you know who you want. Nate is a good coach and is already employed by the district and has coached there before. Sounds like he was the guy from the start, so just give him the job?

Taking applications, having people write letters of recommendation, screening the applications, eliminating some really good candidates who are now confused and a bit angry that they could not even get an interview has bred some unnecessary ill will in the local community. Actually, a lot of ill will and distrust.

It is actually worse to go through the process if it is not truly a wide open search. If you know your guy, just appoint him and then all these really good people and coaches that could not even get interviews would not be grumpy now.

My thoughts exactly. I know some REALLY qualified coaches that applied and either A: did not get brought in for an interview or B was brought in for the sake of saying it was an open process. My thinking is Los Gatos has a a quality product especially for a public school with the facility, players, and boosters (public support). But the way they have conducted the baseball coaching "search" the past several years...they are losing the trust of the baseball circle because its proven they ALWAYS have their man before the job is posted. In the future they are going to lose some great candidates if they are not 100% honest about the opening!

In no way is this a knock on coach Anderson as I'm sure hes a good coach but is more of a knock on the Los Gatos athletic department and their inside dealings. If Nate is the best candidate then let him prove it over all qualified candidates in a true interviewing process and don't rush to hire a guy.

I have coached at LG for the last 6 yrs. There have been 3 hires during that time. I was involved in the interview process in 2 of them. The third was just recently when they hired Nate. In all cases they had great applicants and the one time I was on the 'committee' they hired a guy that was not the AD's first choice. So I can tell you that what you said mr brettstory is absolutely false.

I'm sorry that you are uninformed. Sanfilippo ran his own program, then me, then Bobby. No one told us what to do, including any committee or parent. I'd be happy to discuss with you. You can email me at mdenevi@ccarey.com

Coach I understand that your close to the program and would not want to go against the system but can you HONESTLY tell everyone on here.. that during each hire.....the man was already in place? Or is it a coincidence that past hires have all been a coach on the previous staff or a former player/coach at Los Gatos? Can you honestly tell me also that all qualified candidates were brought in or the ones that were brought in were given 100% a fair interview? I think we both know the answer to that. Even if I emailed you coach I dont think we could get an honest answer out of someone with as close ties to the program, community, and school as yourself.

I can tell you that neither Bobby or Nate were 'already in place'. Nate is a great hire in that he could possibly be on staff and he runs a successful club program. I can see him being there the next 20 yrs. He is a tremendous talent who's team was the #1 seed in CCS Open. In my case I spent too much time on coaching and not enough on my work so I had to change. In Bobby's case he had an opportunity that he could not pass up. When Bobby was hired there was another candidate that may have been 'favored' going in but Bobby was the best interview by far and the decision was easy. Brad left because a college offer came his way. This is not like Mtn View where it seems the parents run the coach out on an annual basis...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT