ADVERTISEMENT

pittsburg hs tourney

sid98765

Board Regular
Jan 16, 2014
Hi, does anyone have any info on the lineup of games for this preseason tournament? From Maxpreps it looks like these 4 schools are there: (Pittsburg, Berkeley, SRV, Clayton Valley). Thank you.

This was posted by @hecanfoos

2/28 - 3:00 (Pitt HS)
Pitt/Berkeley

2/28 - 6:00 (City Park)
San Ramon Valley/Clayton Valley

2/29 - 11:00 (Pitt HS)
Freedom/Vacaville

2/29 - 2:00 (Pitt HS)
Amador Valley/Acalanes

First round winners play Tue/Thur; first round losers play Mon/Wed

first round winners: Berkeley, Clayton Valley, Vacaville, Acalanes. They play Tuesday.

Berkeley/Clayton Valley play at PHS at 3:30
Vacaville/Acalanes play at City Park at 6:00

Pitt, San Ramon Valley, Freedom and Amador Valley play on Monday

what are the chances?

Tournament Director's nightmare! Berkeley/Clayton Valley & Vacaville/Acalanes both ended in ties. It'll be interesting to see what happens next.

How did both games end in ties? I figure one got done in by darkness, but what about the first game?

How did both games end in ties? I figure one got done in by darkness, but what about the first game?
lol
the first game called due to darkness. That game was at Pitt High - no lights.
The second game started late and just went long due to a variety of reasons, including an umpire injury. It was stopped after 9 innings due to a 10:30pm light curfew

It was decided that Acalanes will face Berkeley on Thursday at 3:30 & Vacaville will play Clayton Valley at 6:00. The two winners will be named co-champs.

hecanfoos, thanks for this info.

I was at a Pittsburg Diamonds game a couple years ago at City Park and the lights went out. I found out that night that the lights are set to shut off at a certain time. It's sad that the Diamonds aren't going any more. City Park in Pittsburg is a great place to watch a game.

Acalanes beat Berkeley 6-1, then Clayton Valley outlasted Vacaville 7-6 in nine innings, The Dons and Ugly Eagles are named co-champs.
This was a well-run tournament packed with high quality teams.

Reactions: Streak One
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT