ADVERTISEMENT

ROUND ONE----THE PICKS

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
We have the Honor Bow coming up Sat. starting at 12 noon when Oakdale takes on Mitty,,,then at 4 P.M. its Liberty meeting Gilroy and then at 7 p.m. its Serra meeting Serra of of Southern Calif. Three football games with six top teams to fight it out. at St. Francis High.
GAME OF THE WEEK
St. Mary's of Stockton at Pittsburg.....at 7 P.M. The pick...St. Mary's 40 Pittsburg 27, If Pittsburg wants to win, they have to start playing together with the passing game cleaned up and the defense getting down to business and the offense opening up.

BIG GAMES
Monte Vista at San Leandro at 7 P.M.....The pick...MV 39 SL 20.....The Mustangs showed how tough the defense is and now its the offense that opens up...
Central Catholic at DLS at 7 P.M.....the pick.....DLS 41 CC 14, as good as a offense that CC produces, they will have to come up with a lot more...
Marin Catholic at McClymonds at 7:15.....the pick.....Mac 44 MC 20...MC has come up with tough game plans in the passed and this is what they have to do to stay in the game or even win it..
Sutter at Cardinal Newman at 7 P.M......the Pick...CN 34 Sutter 19 CN will take control of the game late in the second Q for the win..
Jesuit at Folsom at 7:30 P.M......The Pick.... Folsom 37 Jesuit 14.....the Bulldogs will come out shooting after dropping a 14-0 loss to DLS.
Sat.Mitty at Oakdale at 12 noon and then its Liberty at Gilroy at 4 .M. at St. Francis High
The pick.....Oakdale 28 Mitty 26.....Liberty 38 Gilroy 14
GAMES OF INTEREST
Dublin at Miliptas at 7 P.M.....the pick….Miliptas32 Dublin 12
Dougherty Valley at Logan.....The pick.....Logan 28 DV 13.....DV played a great game against Concord and won but this won't happen against the Colts.
Rancho Cotate at Vanden at 7 P.M......The pick....RC 27 Vanden 14...RC shut down a Sacramento offensive team 16-12 and served notice by doing so....
Inderkum at American Canyon...7 p.m...the pick.....Inderkum 38 American Canyon 20 The Wolves have to find a way to control the fumbles and get out foxed...
BVAL
Antioch at Calif. at 7 P.M.....the pick...Calif 27 Antioch 20.....This may be a close game..
NorthGate at Deer Valley at 7 P.M.....the pick....DV 24 NG 20....The Wolverines have a strong line and a fast offense, so this game could break open real fast.
Foothill at Heritage at 7 P.M......the Pick...Foothill28 Heritage 14...the Falcons recover from last weeks loss.
Freedom at Windsor....at 7 P.M......the pick....Freedom 38 Windsor 20...Last week the Falcons had their hands more then a hand full....This could be more of the same...
Sat. Liberty at Gilroy at 4 P.M. at St. Francis High....The pick Liberty 35 Gilroy 14...the Lions with big tall Butterfield looking over the line will give Liberty a big edge...

DIABLO FOOTHILL
Stellar Prep at CVC at7 P.M......the pick....CVC 56 Stellar Prep 12
NorthGate at Deer Valley at 7 P.M.DV 24 NG 20
Miramonte at Hillsdale San Mateo at 7 p.m......The pick.....Miramonte 26 Hilllsdale 19...this is new territory for Miramonte..
Alhambra at Las Lomas at 7 P.M......the pick.....Alhambra 28 Las Lomas 19....the Knights surprised Acalanes last week and could do the same to the Bulldogs...
Acalanes at Vintage at 7 P.M......The pick Acalasnes 19 Vintage 13.....Don't know what to make of the Dons', but we should see a different team this week and Vintage will recover from their 35-7 loss to Wood, so both teams have something to prove...
Sat......Campolindo at St. Ignatius …..at 1 P.M....Campolindo 31 SI 20....tge cougars rack up win # two

DIABLO VALLEY
Concord at Arroyo at 4 P.M.....the pick …..Concord 26 Arroyo13......Concord makes up for their close loss to DV., but this could be another hard fought battle...
PinoleValley at Benicia at 7:30 P.M......the pick.....Benicia 36 Pinole Valley 24....the is the kickoff game for Benicia and their entrance into the Diablo Valley league..
Alhambra at Las Lomas ….at 7 P.M......The pick....Alhambra 28 Las Lomas 19
Mt. diablo at Mountain House at 7 P.M......the pick....Mountain House 35 Mt. Diablo 12...another tough year for te red devils.
College Park at Mt. eden….at 7 P.M......the pick.....College Park40 Mt Eden 27...The falcons gave up 48 points last week, so they have had all week to fix the problem...
Ygnacio Valley at Brookside Christian--Stockton....the pick.....YG 41 BSC 21....the Warriors fond out they can score, but also found out the defense knows how to give up points.

EAST BAY MOUNTAIN
Monte Vista at San Leandro at7 P.M...….the pick.....MV 39 San Leandro 20
Antioch at California art 7 P.M......The pic.....Calif. 27 Antioch 20
Central Catholic at DLS.....7 P.M......the ick.....DLS 41 CC 14
Foothill at Heritage at 7 P.M......the pick.....Foothill 28 Heritage 14
Monterey Trail at San Ramon Valley at 7 P.M......the pick.....SRV 42 MT 14

EAST BAY VALLEY
Irvington at Amador Valley....at 7 p.m....the pick.....Amador Valley 41 Irvington 7...the Dons recover from the 49-27 loss to Del Oro.
Dougherty Valley at Logan at 7 P.M......the pick....Logan 28 DV 13
.Dublln at Milpitas AT 7 P.m.....the pick.....Miliptas 32 Dublin 12
.Granada at Newark Memorial.....at 7 p.M.….the pick...Granada 46 NM 13...second big win for Granada
Livermore at Washington at 7 P.M......the pick.....Washington 20 Livermore 12....The Cowboys lost a catfight to golden Valley last week and if they are not carful, they will loose again...

Reactions: MC415
DIABLO FOOTHILL

People complain about schedules, and CVC is hosting Stellar Prep? I’m thinking they get 70.

We have the Honor Bow coming up Sat. starting at 12 noon when Oakdale takes on Mitty,,,then at 4 P.M. its Liberty meeting Gilroy and then at 7 p.m. its Serra meeting Serra of of Southern Calif. Three football games with six top teams to fight it out. at St. Francis High.
GAME OF THE WEEK
St. Mary's of Stockton at Pittsburg.....at 7 P.M. The pick...St. Mary's 40 Pittsburg 27, If Pittsburg wants to win, they have to start playing together with the passing game cleaned up and the defense getting down to business and the offense opening up.

BIG GAMES
Monte Vista at San Leandro at 7 P.M.....The pick...MV 39 SL 20.....The Mustangs showed how tough the defense is and now its the offense that opens up...
Central Catholic at DLS at 7 P.M.....the pick.....DLS 41 CC 14, as good as a offense that CC produces, they will have to come up with a lot more...
Marin Catholic at McClymonds at 7:15.....the pick.....Mac 44 MC 20...MC has come up with tough game plans in the passed and this is what they have to do to stay in the game or even win it..
Sutter at Cardinal Newman at 7 P.M......the Pick...CN 34 Sutter 19 CN will take control of the game late in the second Q for the win..
Jesuit at Folsom at 7:30 P.M......The Pick.... Folsom 37 Jesuit 14.....the Bulldogs will come out shooting after dropping a 14-0 loss to DLS.
Sat.Mitty at Oakdale at 12 noon and then its Liberty at Gilroy at 4 .M. at St. Francis High
The pick.....Oakdale 28 Mitty 26.....Liberty 38 Gilroy 14
GAMES OF INTEREST
Dublin at Miliptas at 7 P.M.....the pick….Miliptas32 Dublin 12
Dougherty Valley at Logan.....The pick.....Logan 28 DV 13.....DV played a great game against Concord and won but this won't happen against the Colts.
Rancho Cotate at Vanden at 7 P.M......The pick....RC 27 Vanden 14...RC shut down a Sacramento offensive team 16-12 and served notice by doing so....
Inderkum at American Canyon...7 p.m...the pick.....Inderkum 38 American Canyon 20 The Wolves have to find a way to control the fumbles and get out foxed...
BVAL
Antioch at Calif. at 7 P.M.....the pick...Calif 27 Antioch 20.....This may be a close game..
NorthGate at Deer Valley at 7 P.M.....the pick....DV 24 NG 20....The Wolverines have a strong line and a fast offense, so this game could break open real fast.
Foothill at Heritage at 7 P.M......the Pick...Foothill28 Heritage 14...the Falcons recover from last weeks loss.
Freedom at Windsor....at 7 P.M......the pick....Freedom 38 Windsor 20...Last week the Falcons had their hands more then a hand full....This could be more of the same...
Sat. Liberty at Gilroy at 4 P.M. at St. Francis High....The pick Liberty 35 Gilroy 14...the Lions with big tall Butterfield looking over the line will give Liberty a big edge...

DIABLO FOOTHILL
NorthGate at Deer Valley at 7 P.M.DV 24 NG 20
Miramonte at Hillsdale San Mateo at 7 p.m......The pick.....Miramonte 26 Hilllsdale 19...this is new territory for Miramonte..
Alhambra at Las Lomas at 7 P.M......the pick.....Alhambra 28 Las Lomas 19....the Knights surprised Acalanes last week and could do the same to the Bulldogs...
Acalanes at Vintage at 7 P.M......The pick Acalasnes 19 Vintage 13.....Don't know what to make of the Dons', but we should see a different team this week and Vintage will recover from their 35-7 loss to Wood, so both teams have something to prove...
Sat......Campolindo at St. Ignatius …..at 1 P.M....Campolindo 31 SI 20....tge cougars rack up win # two

DIABLO VALLEY
Concord at Arroyo at 4 P.M.....the pick …..Concord 26 Arroyo13......Concord makes up for their close loss to DV., but this could be another hard fought battle...
PinoleValley at Benicia at 7:30 P.M......the pick.....Benicia 36 Pinole Valley 24....the is the kickoff game for Benicia and their entrance into the Diablo Valley league..
Alhambra at Las Lomas ….at 7 P.M......The pick....Alhambra 28 Las Lomas 19
Mt. diablo at Mountain House at 7 P.M......the pick....Mountain House 35 Mt. Diablo 12...another tough year for te red devils.
College Park at Mt. eden….at 7 P.M......the pick.....College Park40 Mt Eden 27...The falcons gave up 48 points last week, so they have had all week to fix the problem...
Ygnacio Valley at Brookside Christian--Stockton....the pick.....YG 41 BSC 21....the Warriors fond out they can score, but also found out the defense knows how to give up points.

EAST BAY MOUNTAIN
Monte Vista at San Leandro at7 P.M...….the pick.....MV 39 San Leandro 20
Antioch at California art 7 P.M......The pic.....Calif. 27 Antioch 20
Central Catholic at DLS.....7 P.M......the ick.....DLS 41 CC 14
Foothill at Heritage at 7 P.M......the pick.....Foothill 28 Heritage 14
Monterey Trail at San Ramon Valley at 7 P.M......the pick.....SRV 42 MT 14

EAST BAY VALLEY
Irvington at Amador Valley....at 7 p.m....the pick.....Amador Valley 41 Irvington 7...the Dons recover from the 49-27 loss to Del Oro.
Dougherty Valley at Logan at 7 P.M......the pick....Logan 28 DV 13
.Dublln at Milpitas AT 7 P.m.....the pick.....Miliptas 32 Dublin 12
.Granada at Newark Memorial.....at 7 p.M.….the pick...Granada 46 NM 13...second big win for Granada
Livermore at Washington at 7 P.M......the pick.....Washington 20 Livermore 12....The Cowboys lost a catfight to golden Valley last week and if they are not carful, they will loose again...
I think Pitt bounces back vs St Marys. Same score but reverse

REMC...…..I hope you are right, but this time I'm going to what Pitt can do, St. Mary's has a very good team returning with a well balanced attack, so we will see....

DIABLO FOOTHILL

People complain about schedules, and CVC is hosting Stellar Prep? I’m thinking they get 70.
OBSERVER.....70 sounds good, but I'm being nice and predicting stellar to score 12 which probably won't happen...Why CVC scheduled Stellar is a good question.....

Reactions: observer22
OBSERVER.....70 sounds good, but I'm being nice and predicting stellar to score 12 which probably won't happen...Why CVC scheduled Stellar is a good question.....
GUYS....Alhambra visits Las Lomas this coming Friday night and with the 12-7 win by Las Lomas over Acalanes makes me wonder just how much improvement has taken place at las Lomas since last season....I picked Alhambra 28-19, but Las Lomas looks not to be on the rise...

GUYS....Alhambra visits Las Lomas this coming Friday night and with the 12-7 win by Las Lomas over Acalanes makes me wonder just how much improvement has taken place at las Lomas since last season....I picked Alhambra 28-19, but Las Lomas looks not to be on the rise...
Last post was worded wrong.....It looks like Las Lomas is on the rise.....

Agree with this; Pitt will bounce back vs St Mary's 31-14. They'll get over with the CVC upset. CVC had to do the big plays to win that while Pitt just held on the ball longer with normal run-pass routines. We haven't seen many of Pitt's potential explosiveness; Willie Harts kick return was certainly a starter! I think P

Campolindo is off this week and won't play St. Ignatius until next Saturday September 1st

Last edited:
Yes....Oakridge 28 Vacaville 13......Vacaville is missing something or it hasn't arrived yet....
Bluedog2, you are too kind...I believe Oak Ridge will win by a lot...have not heard anything about Vacaville all year...I wonder if this series will continue...usually Vacaville has a Great Rb replacing another great Rb...hopefully Vacaville OLine can open up holes like they used to and their Secondary can surprise us all

REMC...…..I hope you are right, but this time I'm going to what Pitt can do, St. Mary's has a very good team returning with a well balanced attack, so we will see....
Indeed. The Rams will return with balance on offense. But, unlike last year, when most games leaned on more run, I anticipate an aerial attack similar to the Dunniway, McDade, Vaz, and Tuitama days. Still, SM QB Noah May is rebounding from an injury and truly only had one varsity game (actually one half) under his belt last year vs Serra. So, much is expected, but he still has to play the game to see if he can live up to the expectations. St. Mary’s has a very young team returning and not sure “returning” is the right word to use, as they will have many juniors and a few sophomores possibly starting. It will be the Rams first game this season. Pittsburg already has a game under their belt. Pittsburg is still the clear favorite. I just have a feeling, like you, that St. Mary’s is going to pull out the W on this one, unless Pitt can get to May and force him to make mistakes. Anticipate a shootout with the game close in the beginning but the Rams pulling away late. Pitt’s performance vs CVC will need to be much better to beat St. Mary’s. Pitt has speed. But, so does St. Mary’s. It’s going to be a good one, for sure.

Reactions: remc
Yes....Oakridge 28 Vacaville 13......Vacaville is missing something or it hasn't arrived yet....

OR 42 and Vacaville 17. OR new QB is a beast. (6"4 220). He's a D1 player learning the position. OR isn't deep but they are talented. I don't think it will be close after halftime.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
OR 42 and Vacaville 17. OR new QB is a beast. (6"4 220). He's a D1 player learning the position. OR isn't deep but they are talented. I don't think it will be close after halftime.

I think the outcome of this game will definitely tell if Vacaville is a bit down this year, can’t really tell after one game against a Top team from the NCS.

Larry....I read about Oakridges QB and hes the kind of QB one needs to look over this big lines when beginning each play... He has a strong arm and he is accurate, but just maybe, Vacaville will up grade their defense and slow OR down...

Indeed. The Rams will return with balance on offense. But, unlike last year, when most games leaned on more run, I anticipate an aerial attack similar to the Dunniway, McDade, Vaz, and Tuitama days. Still, SM QB Noah May is rebounding from an injury and truly only had one varsity game (actually one half) under his belt last year vs Serra. So, much is expected, but he still has to play the game to see if he can live up to the expectations. St. Mary’s has a very young team returning and not sure “returning” is the right word to use, as they will have many juniors and a few sophomores possibly starting. It will be the Rams first game this season. Pittsburg already has a game under their belt. Pittsburg is still the clear favorite. I just have a feeling, like you, that St. Mary’s is going to pull out the W on this one, unless Pitt can get to May and force him to make mistakes. Anticipate a shootout with the game close in the beginning but the Rams pulling away late. Pitt’s performance vs CVC will need to be much better to beat St. Mary’s. Pitt has speed. But, so does St. Mary’s. It’s going to be a good one, for sure.
Bulldogmgc…..I think you covered all the bases, for some reason ,Pittsburg didn't play up to their standards and think the same will happen against the Rams.

Bulldogmgc…..I think you covered all the bases, for some reason ,Pittsburg didn't play up to their standards and think the same will happen against the Rams.
I’m just saying that if Noah May plays like he did vs Serra last year, where he passed for nearly 250 yards and 3 TD’s vs Serra, he and the Rams are going to be tough to stop. The same WR’s he targeted in that game return. Plus, he has this Josh Harper size WR in fellow junior, Elijah Wood, who he likes to throw to, as well. Mr. Wood plays safety, too, and loves to hit (check out his video highlights on Maxpreps). To think the Rams got to the SJS D1 finals without QB Noah May all year. Anticipate the Rams will once again go deep into the playoffs so long as Mr. May stays healthy. I also anticipate the SM line will be better this year, with the experience they had last year. Only ? may be the running game. But, #7 Brown returns (filled in for Frampton, when he was injured) and he should do fine, enough to help open the Rams aerial attack. Really looking forward to this game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT