ADVERTISEMENT

State Championship Updates

Well, he’s back but looks rather gimpy…

and goes back to the bench.

Michael Lindsay’s 25 points lead Alemany to the first SoCal victory of the day.

They are a Division 5 school playing in Division 5 winning their 1st ever school STATE CHAMPIONSHIP! Give them their props, flowers and champagne (non-alcoholic, of course, lol)!
Hey Doc, see one of the responses. I keep telling you your D3 title is null and void. Open, 1 or out. I hear they are waiting for a scaffold so they can deliver it to Montana, wait are you in Montara or Montana.

Well, here we come to the D1 title game…

SRV will have its hands full, but that’s what people were saying in 2015 before the Wolves knocked off Chino Hills…. Ya gotta play ‘em…

And he’s not even starting for Bosco…. Hmm…

Wait, he is starting…. He was out front as if he was a reserve, very interesting.

Really like the way the Wolves play. Constantly coming at you, share the ball. Key 4 mins coming up on whether Bosco can reassert control

36-28 at the half…. SRV almost got fully back into it for a bit there.

SRV got within 6 a few times, but now it’s 55-42, Bosco back in charge. 1:31 left 3rd.

SRV has seen a play or two away from really getting back into it, but Bosco has responded with runs

the Bosco coach gets a T for being too far out of the coaching box, I guess…

Guess these refs have never seen Coach Rapp…. 😀

Slow start doomed SRV.

As mentioned earlier, Bosco's guards (and is true for most of these SoCal terams) caused some problems too.

Really good year for San Ramon Valley

Reactions: remc
78-62 final…. Bosco was awesome.

Well next up for young McCoy is a Chipotle National Championship with Prolific Prep next year.

If the Prep lands him, they would easily have the best returning team going into next season.

Congrats on a great season SRV!
Indeed. In the end the inability for SRV to start off strong killed them. You aren't beating a team like Bosco down 16 in the 1st. I love how SRV competed and got the game to within 6 in the 3rd. (46-40).
I was very impressed with Bosco as a team and not just individually. There kids played great together and never under estimated SRV. Very well coached and disciplined. The guard from Bosco going to Loyola was super skilled and constant motion. Mccoy is great as everybody's knows. Lengthy kids and extremely skilled overall. Bosco is an open team basically. Regardless, great season for SRV and you guys battled when most would have folded.

As for tonight, Salesian has to keep the pace in the 40s-50's. If it gets higher they will lose distance. The long court is going to make guarding the skilled kids from HW that much harder as well.

Agree the court will be a factor, however something tells me Salesian is going to be right there in the end.

Indeed. In the end the inability for SRV to start off strong killed them. You aren't beating a team like Bosco down 16 in the 1st. I love how SRV competed and got the game to within 6 in the 3rd. (46-40).
I was very impressed with Bosco as a team and not just individually. There kids played great together and never under estimated SRV. Very well coached and disciplined. The guard from Bosco going to Loyola was super skilled and constant motion. Mccoy is great as everybody's knows. Lengthy kids and extremely skilled overall. Bosco is an open team basically. Regardless, great season for SRV and you guys battled when most would have folded.

As for tonight, Salesian has to keep the pace in the 40s-50's. If it gets higher they will lose distance. The long court is going to make guarding the skilled kids from HW that much harder as well.
Harvard has only been held to under 60 3 times, and never under 50. So I think the 40’s would be out of this world. One time was against the Boozer twins. Roosevelt held them to under 60 and lost by 3. I am sure Coach Mellis will take a lot from that tape and bring his lunch. I think the ultimate goal is to frustrate them, but they are well coached and very good point about court length. Didn’t think about that at all. Also to note Harvard has only won the last 3 games by a combined 12 points. I think Salesian as a shot, would move to see it happen. Would be great for the underclassmen to build on and hey maybe attract some talent. People love winners.

I will take The Salesian Pride! Harvard-Westlake will get up by 8 or 9 points and then, the Pride Defense figures you out and close you down. I feel Mellis has been waiting for this moment for some time now. You can access and predict just like back in 2022 Centennial-Corona was to beat us by 30 plus points. Reality is Salesian players got to sleep in their beds last night. Cruise in from Richmond with no distractions. This Modesto Chrisitan Crusader Fan is rooting for the Salesian Pride!!! The Coldwater Canyon Wolverines will find No gold in Sacramento! The Pride will have their day!!!

56-55 Pride with the Victory!!

I will take The Salesian Pride! Harvard-Westlake will get up by 8 or 9 points and then, the Pride Defense figures you out and close you down. I feel Mellis has been waiting for this moment for some time now. You can access and predict just like back in 2022 Centennial-Corona was to beat us by 30 plus points. Reality is Salesian players got to sleep in their beds last night. Cruise in from Richmond with no distractions. This Modesto Chrisitan Crusader Fan is rooting for the Salesian Pride!!! The Coldwater Canyon Wolverines will find No gold in Sacramento! The Pride will have their day!!!

56-55 Pride with the Victory!!
I hope they bring the entire city of Richmond! I can't wait to watch both girls and guys. The girls game is for the national champ.

I would love to see the Pride pull it out.

Keys to Victory
- Can't get down by more than 10. If they do it will be very hard to make up that gap. Salesian is not a great offensive team.
-Gotta keep it slow and grind it out. Make it ugly and uncomfortable for HW. One good thing is athletically there will not be a big advantage either way. I would argue speed and quickness favor the Pride. Size favors HW but the Euro kid for HW is a floater who is 6"8 but plays smaller because hes on the perimeter.

-Salesian has to shoot well. Shooting so far doesn't seem to be an issue in the big gym. SRV and SJB both shot well but are also better shooting teams than Salesian. Somebody needs to have the game of their life from pride.
-gotta slow down Perrty for HW. He can't go nuts which he has in the s cal playoffs.

Reactions: dlew66 and M.C. fan
D4 boys…. looking forward to seeing Elijah Arenas ball…. Monterey actually has played a tougher schedule according to MaxPreps, not sure I believe that…

12-6 Monterey, 2:45 left 1st.

Lots of heroball being played by Chatsworth.

26-20 Monterey, 3:17 left in the half.

Kavon Collins has been lighting it up for Monterey…. 18 points.

Arenas has 11 for Chatsworth.

Reactions: hoopisthegame
34-29 Monterey at the half.

Collins has 18 for Monterey, I think Arenas has 15 but I can’t see his stats.

Arenas certainly has handles, but Monterey’s Collins has been the best player out there and Joshua Roth can shoot the rock.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT