ADVERTISEMENT

Week 13 Scoreboard

I don't get the 'bias' comments. I read the comments and perceived something else from the posters who claimed it. Week in and week out and season in and season out this league is a grind of really good high school football. The programs are well run, the administrations are supportive, and the kids are 100% committed....as are the parents. The section understands this.

It's not that this doesn't exist at other programs but the SFL is a notch up.

I fully agree that the old 2-league win rule should still be in effect.

That said, you can clearly see the difference in league depth.

GB, DO, OR and RHS all could have won league in any other SJS league.

99.9999% likely. LOL
Go Chieftains!
cc8c65a5990db76fa63e128d2db87471.jpeg

Assuming st Marys hangs on they will have hands full with OR. The Trojans Are playing really well and are pretty healthy again. And I think Folsom will be challenged big time by CC.

Granite Bay has won multiple CIFSJS Division 1 championships, including a state D1 championships. I’m not buying the flex…

You’re talking about a game from 10 years ago? When the playoff division designations were different?? With a completely different roster?? Where’s the connection?

And they just beat a team that is of similar size and enrollment, no?

I’m not buying the skepticism. Did someone piss in your cheerios or something?

Name me another league that did what the SFL did tonight? If that’s not flexing I’d like to know what is…..

Reactions: PatCarrillo
Impressive win but Mark my words. Turlock will get rolled by OR next week. There physicality and line play is not even close to OR.
Personally I felt st marys was young and a year away from putting a deep run together.
OR vs Folsom rematch?

St. Mary’s game management and decision making the last 6 minutes was questionable to say the least.

Game was there for the taking and they blew it.

Up 7 with the ball after the INT and they did everything the way Turlock could have hoped. Didn’t work on the clock at all.

Then only needing a FG to win, the QB forces a deep pass over the middle? Terrible. Coaching has to come into play there.

This kind of an ending has been somewhat of a trend for St. Mary’s.

As for Turlock, huge win for them. They had help at the end, but they still put themselves in position to benefit from their opponents mistakes by setting and keeping pace all game long.

OR is gonna have their hands full next week.

St. Mary’s game management and decision making the last 6 minutes was questionable to say the least.

Game was there for the taking and they blew it.

Up 7 with the ball after the INT and they did everything the way Turlock could have hoped. Didn’t work on the clock at all.

Then only needing a FG to win, the QB forces a deep pass over the middle? Terrible. Coaching has to come into play there.

This kind of an ending has been somewhat of a trend for St. Mary’s.

As for Turlock, huge win for them. They had help at the end, but they still put themselves in position to benefit from their opponents mistakes by setting and keeping pace all game long.

OR is gonna have their hands full next week.
TR. OR couldn’t have asked for a better scenario. Home game. They are playing great and if anything I think Folsom has there hands full with CC.

Reactions: bulldogmgc
Has to be Serra, CC if they win and Serra loses. It will be CC
Huh? Central Catholic lists even lower than Folsom. They lost to both Serra and St. Francis. Anyone who wins CCS has at least a common-opponent advantage over them.

Huh? Central Catholic lists even lower than Folsom. They lost to both Serra and St. Francis. Anyone who wins CCS has at least a common-opponent advantage over them.
Do the Math. They will have defeated MT, Folsom on the road. If Serra loses, then they will be picked over DLS who lost at home to Folsom. CC on the road lost to Serra 32-20if you think Salinas will get the nod over the Raiders, sorry.

You’re talking about a game from 10 years ago? When the playoff division designations were different?? With a completely different roster?? Where’s the connection?

And they just beat a team that is of similar size and enrollment, no?

I’m not buying the skepticism. Did someone piss in your cheerios or something?

Name me another league that did what the SFL did tonight? If that’s not flexing I’d like to know what is…..
No skepticism. The SFL is a super league. They have 4-5 of the best teams in the SJS. There’s no surprise when they win.

Are we flexing on beating Downey, Antelope, Sheldon and Jesuit? I’ll give you Elk Grove… But the others? Naaaaw.

Reactions: M.C. fan
TR. OR couldn’t have asked for a better scenario. Home game. They are playing great and if anything I think Folsom has there hands full with CC.
Didnt Rocklin best OR and Turlock shut down Rocklin so I think they can hang for sure…..OR doesn’t have much breakaway speed like SM had so I think they plays better for Turlock on defense …..Turlock QB is a boss kid is a gamer

Reactions: M.C. fan
Impressive win but Mark my words. Turlock will get rolled by OR next week. There physicality and line play is not even close to OR

We shall see.

While I’ve been skeptical of and questioned St. Mary’s defense much of this season — that’s still a top notch win by Turlock. Can’t say otherwise.

If that same Turlock offense shows up next week, OR might be in trouble.

While I realize that Turlock faced Rocklin in Week 0 and the Thunder were minus their defensive leader, the Bulldogs seemed to fare ok with the physicality.

Sure, things change over the course of the season. But I’m nowhere near as confident as you seem to be.

I didn’t see OR play tonight, but having seen them play a few times this season I’d bet the Turlock team I saw tonight over them. I don’t believe the Trojans would have beaten St. Mary’s.

But maybe I’m wrong.

congrats again Turlock. Great win.
im looking forward to that game against OR.
I think one thing is for sure. Nobody is the same as week 1-4 right now. I would pick Rocklin to beat Turlock 9 out of 10 times today as I would OR. Rocklin is playing as good as anybody today. OR is not not the same team that lost to Rocklin in league either. They were beat up and Rocklin took full advantage (as they should have) with their secondary. I would not be surprised to see the thunder win at Manteca. In fact I think they will. Keep in mind OR beat Vacaville 62-0 this year. Manteca beating them bad last night was expected by me.

OR has one of the best front 7 around and I think they will control the game against Turlock. St marys defense was suspect all year and was so inconsistent. No way does Turlock hang 50 on Trojans.
From what i saw last night, fact OR is healthier than mid season, home game, having battled thru SFL,
Casey Taylor factor, I will take Trojans.
OR vs Folsom section rematch? Hear me now and believe me later… Folsom has more to worry about with CC.

Reactions: Santa Ball
IMO RHS is gonna have to play their best defensive game of the season to beat this Manteca team. And hope the offense can do just enough.

The Buffs are a really, really, really good team.
A tough matchup for sure. Manteca is averaging 50 pts a game. Rocklin average defensive yield 14 per game, including teams that often score those half century type numbers. Manteca should be the clear favorite by a few touchdowns but SFL is coming to town, and bringing brimstone and fire. The CCHS and Turlock films are key in my opinion.

Reactions: ThunderRam
A tough matchup for sure. Manteca is averaging 50 pts a game. Rocklin average defensive yield 14 per game, including teams that often score those half century type numbers. Manteca should be the clear favorite by a few touchdowns but SFL is coming to town, and bringing brimstone and fire. The CCHS and Turlock films are key in my opinion.
Rocklin has a good style to dictate pace. They can really make you play their game. I agree that Manteca is favorite but I could see thunder stealing one. Manteca has played nobody as physical and bruising this year. And Rocklin has seen nobody like the Nicholson kid. Easily the best player in Norcal IMO.

Reactions: Santa Ball
Calpreps has an error in reporting St. Mary's won over Turlock when you look at the Turlock schedule it shows 50-43. Guess Calpreps is linked to erroneous scores from Maxpreps?

Rocklin has a good style to dictate pace. They can really make you play their game. I agree that Manteca is favorite but I could see thunder stealing one. Manteca has played nobody as physical and bruising this year. And Rocklin has seen nobody like the Nicholson kid. Easily the best player in Norcal IMO.
I don't think anyone has slowed down Nicholson and the other backs is good as well. To elaborate on films, Turlock game is interesting, they literally swallowed TOP but still lost by 30. Raiders simply outscored them. Somewhere between the two is the recipe . Deny Nicholson in space squared downhill, including toss, hard to do but you can't let them dictate the run game even if you get burnt. Big boys don't like traffic behind the LOS.

Big win for Capital Christian at Casa Roble 42-35
That was a hell of a game last night. Both teams went toe to toe and slugged it out. I thought going into the playoffs that Casa was probably the best team in the D4 bracket, but they also hadn’t faced a team with the athletes that Cap has. Aaron Garcia has turned that offense around and the D was able to make stops when necessary. Questionable play call by Casa to go for it on 4th down deep in their own territory late in the game, but Cap was able to get the stop and drive for the winning score with 14 seconds left.

Talk about cheap shot of year. That kid would never put on a school uniform again if I was coaching. Game was a total blowout. I only wish one of those lineman took him to the shed.
According to the SJ Merc the District Superintendent issued an apology - crickets from the College Park HC or Administration. How is this a good example for young men?
@larry legend33 Can you imagine if this happened at OR? In games where the Trojans handled their opponents rather handily and in defeat against Folsom, the team, crowd and even announcer were always first class.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT