ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom top ranked public in the state

They would have to adopt the MD, SJB model if they wanted to compete for the top spot. As is, they'd do ok, meaning 3-3 or 4-2 most seasons. The two obvious losses, plus one to one of the other schools. Of course, they would pull the occasional upset of the Big 2, especially with a bigger pool of athletes to cut from
Possible, hard to fathom they still attract the athlete they do up there as down here. Especially if they don’t change to a more wide open offense.

Possible, hard to fathom they still attract the athlete they do up there as down here. Especially if they don’t change to a more wide open offense.
Yeah, true. But DLS doesn't get the athletes they used to, IMO. Been watching them since '84. Oh sure, they still get some nice kids, just not as much depth.

Reactions: THEOC89
Yeah, true. But DLS doesn't get the athletes they used to, IMO. Been watching them since '84. Oh sure, they still get some nice kids, just not as much depth.
So if they struggle to attract when they are the premier program here, how do you think that turns out in Socal?

Reactions: concrete17
The simple truth is that Calpreps has Folsom ranked as the top public school in California right now. By its own admission, Calpreps does not claim to be as accurate in its rating and predictions as later on in season. But there is a sizable effort by Freeman to get a good starting point for all teams that participate in their pre-season analysis. There is no doubt that Folsom will be good this season and there is a possibility that Folsom will end up being the best in NorCal this year. I say, let's enjoy Folsom's position in the Calpreps rating line-up. It might be very accurate or it might be downcasted later by other teams like DLS.

The simple truth is that Calpreps has Folsom ranked as the top public school in California right now. By its own admission, Calpreps does not claim to be as accurate in its rating and predictions as later on in season. But there is a sizable effort by Freeman to get a good starting point for all teams that participate in their pre-season analysis. ................................
True dat about not being accurate about early season predictions. I confess I used their predictor thread to "assist" my 1st week's Pic'ems.
Where did my picks end up? On the ass-end bottom looking up at all the other participants picks.
Ain't nothing stunk that bad since the Butt Boys Porta Potty tank truck got nailed at an ungated Amtrack train track crossing in Pittsburg on the hottest day 2 summers ago. The stink was noticeable from the 242 intersection all the way down HWY 4 to Brentwood.
Cal Preps and Crete garnered the latest El Stinko.......sound effects optional💩☠️

• Haha
Reactions: northbayfb
The simple truth is that Calpreps has Folsom ranked as the top public school in California right now. By its own admission, Calpreps does not claim to be as accurate in its rating and predictions as later on in season. But there is a sizable effort by Freeman to get a good starting point for all teams that participate in their pre-season analysis. There is no doubt that Folsom will be good this season and there is a possibility that Folsom will end up being the best in NorCal this year. I say, let's enjoy Folsom's position in the Calpreps rating line-up. It might be very accurate or it might be downcasted later by other teams like DLS.
You just never know. I still believe the Bulldogs will be number 1 at the end! Go Folsom!

So if they struggle to attract when they are the premier program here, how do you think that turns out in Socal?
Pretty sure some Norcal boys drifted down south to Mater Dei last year. Think San Ramon had one rolling stone who has returned to the home nest this year.

It says that they'll step up their efforts in "attracting " players. They'll work much harder in that aspect.They wouldn't have a choice in order to remain relevant at the level to which they've become accustomed

It says that they'll step up their efforts in "attracting " players. They'll work much harder in that aspect.They wouldn't have a choice in order to remain relevant at the level to which they've become accustomed
Which back my original statement. If they don’t change they will struggle to attract the Socal athlete. In other words the veer would need to probably go. I actually think Folsom with their style would adjust better down there. That doesn’t mean I think Folsom is on the same level as the elite socal teams they aren’t. ( DLS is to be fair, they just don‘t get the athletes to compete with what’s down there)

Which back my original statement. If they don’t change they will struggle to attract the Socal athlete. In other words the veer would need to probably go. I actually think Folsom with their style would adjust better down there. That doesn’t mean I think Folsom is on the same level as the elite socal teams they aren’t. ( DLS is to be fair, they just don‘t get the athletes to compete with what’s down there)
Well it also depends on a players position group. An offensive lineman or running back would be featured in the veer, as would an RPO QB. Pocket passers and receivers not so much.Any kid that plays defe would be fine

Well it also depends on a players position group. An offensive lineman or running back would be featured in the veer, as would an RPO QB. Pocket passers and receivers not so much.Any kid that plays defe would be fine
True to a degree. But again lineman have to prove they can pass block, backs need to prove they can as well, also backs need to display they can catch etc……My personal opinion is they would need to change but it’s simply a opinion.

True to a degree. But again lineman have to prove they can pass block, backs need to prove they can as well, also backs need to display they can catch etc……My personal opinion is they would need to change but it’s simply a opinion.
I agree, long term they have to change. They've evolved to the point that they've learned to pass out of the veer way more often than they used to. And it's going to continue to evolve in that direction.

Say what you want, Folsom's coaching staff is outstanding. Paul Doherty's weight lifting program make Folsom an ideal place to prepare yourself for college ball. He's a great QB coach. He cares about the kids. Banning is a great coach. There are a ton a guys who grew up coaching in the program. The school principal is a football guy. Its a brotherhood. Great culture. Great experience for the kids. And that is why Folsom is good year after year. You really have to give credit where credit is due. The hate is just envy and a highest form of complement of the program.

Say what you want, Folsom's coaching staff is outstanding. Paul Doherty's weight lifting program make Folsom an ideal place to prepare yourself for college ball. He's a great QB coach. He cares about the kids. Banning is a great coach. There are a ton a guys who grew up coaching in the program. The school principal is a football guy. Its a brotherhood. Great culture. Great experience for the kids. And that is why Folsom is good year after year. You really have to give credit where credit is due. The hate is just envy and a highest form of complement of the program.
Finally a great, sensible post. Appreciate the words.

I know if @THEOC89 is giving you a like, all things are good with the world. 🧑‍🤝‍🧑

The hate people have for the program is because of their message board trolls, not the program itself. On this board anyway. It's a great program, whoever said it wasn't? Just need to schedule like it. If you're going to claim "Great team" status , then schedule like it. Schedule other great teams when you are great. Instead of the conjecture of "We woulda beat so and so "if" we woulda played in such and such a year". That's all.

The hate people have for the program is because of their message board trolls, not the program itself. On this board anyway. It's a great program, whoever said it wasn't? Just need to schedule like it. If you're going to claim "Great team" status , then schedule like it. Schedule other great teams when you are great. Instead of the conjecture of "We woulda beat so and so "if" we woulda played in such and such a year". That's all.
See that's exactly what I am talking about. Creating a smoke screen saying you don't hate the program but hate the fans or "trolls."

Then you go on to prove my exact point by trolling the same old tired arguments, proclaiming they "don't schedule like it!" They've scheduled everyone possible in NorCal. They have even traveled to SoCal to take on other programs on their stature and even others. This includes non league and SBGs.

So they don't schedule MD or Bosco, then they aren't "a great program?" Clown show material. They ARE a great program but certainly not on the level of MD or SJB. No harm in that. Almost no programs in the country are on that level.

But they are a great program and have been for the last decade. Time to move on.

See that's exactly what I am talking about. Creating a smoke screen saying you don't hate the program but hate the fans or "trolls."

Then you go on to prove my exact point by trolling the same old tired arguments, proclaiming they "don't schedule like it!" They've scheduled everyone possible in NorCal. They have even traveled to SoCal to take on other programs on their stature and even others. This includes non league and SBGs.

So they don't schedule MD or Bosco, then they aren't "a great program?" Clown show material. They ARE a great program but certainly not on the level of MD or SJB. No harm in that. Almost no programs in the country are on that level.

But they are a great program and have been for the last decade. Time to move on.
What SoCal programs of their stature have they played? Lol, I knew my post would draw you out. But listen, pasty, Folsom is a great program and has been for quite a while. There's more to HS football than MD and SJB. There's St Frances Academy, Bishop Gorman, IMG, lots of others. DLS, the team you say Folsom is better than schedules these types of teams regularly, Folsom should too. What you're really not getting is this; just Folsom scheduling teams like that, win or lose, would earn them enormous respect. The respect you crave for them. But, if it makes you feel better to talk around that fact, have at it

What SoCal programs of their stature have they played? Lol, I knew my post would draw you out. But listen, pasty, Folsom is a great program and has been for quite a while. There's more to HS football than MD and SJB. There's St Frances Academy, Bishop Gorman, IMG, lots of others. DLS, the team you say Folsom is better than schedules these types of teams regularly, Folsom should too. What you're really not getting is this; just Folsom scheduling teams like that, win or lose, would earn them enormous respect. The respect you crave for them. But, if it makes you feel better to talk around that fact, have at it
Draw me out? Are we in 3rd grade? This is my exact point about this forum. Thanks for the confirmation.

They have what? 4 state titles now in D1AA? All teams from SoCal they've beaten. Are they of they're stature? The committees think to think so. Folsom has nothing to do with that part despite popular belief.

And to answer your question. No one is craving any respect. Folsom is a regional and now nationally known program and brand. Look at all the national recruits. It's insane. They have respect. They don't need it from anonymous middle aged men on NCPs. 😉

I think the misnomer is people think that you need to play every single nationally known program to "gain respect." Absolutely not.

What public schools are traversing the country to play the schools you mentioned? Almost none. Look at all the public school powerhouse programs of Texas and Georgia. Are they doing that? As a whole, no. And if they are, they don't travel. So many things to unpack.

If you're ready to have a real conversation instead of the same old tired 5 troll lines, then I'm game all day!

Draw me out? Are we in 3rd grade? This is my exact point about this forum. Thanks for the confirmation.

They have what? 4 state titles now in D1AA? All teams from SoCal they've beaten. Are they of they're stature? The committees think to think so. Folsom has nothing to do with that part despite popular belief.

And to answer your question. No one is craving any respect. Folsom is a regional and now nationally known program and brand. Look at all the national recruits. It's insane. They have respect. They don't need it from anonymous middle aged men on NCPs. 😄

The scheduling refers to non league opponents prior to league games. Not matchups determined by the regional and state playoff format.

A national brand???? Regional yes, but national? Uh, no. National brands schedule and play other national brands. That's no knock on Folsom, but they haven't done that as yet.

Reactions: THEOC89
A national brand???? Regional yes, but national? Uh, no. National brands schedule and play other national brands. That's no knock on Folsom, but they haven't done that as yet.
Absolutely. 4 state titles in the last decade in a state like CA will get you that. When you're putting kids at Alabama and Clemson, you get that.

Funny thing is- everyone knows it except few on this board. Not a big issue though. Respect is already there.

Folsom’s lack of respect is their own doing.Folsom rule has a long reach.
Credit given for scheduling DLS but really it’s a no lose situation for them in that a loss won’t hurt their SBG ambition of D1.

I’m sorry but Folsom is NOT a national brand.
And that’s no disrespect to Folsom. But when I tune it to ESPN on Friday nights because of their shortcomings when it comes to scheduling I don’t see Folsom games. Believe me I know how hard it is to schedule these teams but somehow the “national brand” teams find a way to do it. With the exception of one (I’m not going to say his name because it will probably change tomorrow) most of the Folsom fans on here have reasonable options and I hate seeing them get bagged on for them (again with the exception of one). I do think if Folsom somehow pulls it off against DLS this board will absolutely BLOW UP.

Reactions: mrbig864
Folsom’s lack of respect is their own doing.Folsom rule has a long reach.
Credit given for scheduling DLS but really it’s a no lose situation for them in that a loss won’t hurt their SBG ambition of D1.
The same rule all the SoCal commissioners lobbied for and voted yes for?

Sounds like a Folsom conspiracy!

pasty…..you really need to slow down and look in the mirror. First off, there were only 3 state championships, and all 3 were against the San Diego Section, which would have been So-Cal’s #8-10 best team. You go on about scheduling strength when the only games Folsom has voluntarily scheduled south if the grapevine was a Chaminade team who didn’t even make it out the first round the year before and Cathedral, another San Diego Section school. Maybe that out of state game against the Coeur d’ Alene powerhouse is supposed to prove something?

Now I’m not saying and either is many in this thread that Folsom needs to schedule MD or SJB. But schedule Mission Viejo or Corona Centennial and people will get off Folsom’s back.

Who did Bishop Sycamore somehow find away to schedule? I’m all ears. And I think even Folsom would do better then 58-0.
They Lied to ESPN telling them they had 26 D1 players and 2 Teams and that they are a real High School….

The reality is they don’t have any, they have 35 players which consist of a Bunch of 5th year players and JC drop outs, including one that is 20 Year and 10 months old who what just released form Jail….

There QB is a 19 year old Named Trillian Harris who went to 5 High Schools in So cal and was a Class of 2020 kid….

The worst part is they played a full Game on Friday Night and the same players played against IMG on Sunday something no FB Coach in their right mind would allow….

I could go into the Embezzlemt from the Coaches and Administration and a whole bunch of other stuff but it is too much….

There are a bunch of articles out there on them now and they have been exposed as a Scam…. Check out Awful Announcing, the things these guys have done are unbelievable…..

First off, there were only 3 state championships, and all 3 were against the San Diego Section
If you're going to troll- at least get the facts straight. There are 4 titles.

Three were against the SD section. Serra of Gardena (which was highly favored), is not in the SD section.

Just proves how easy it is to get a national game if one wants too...but you have to want to.
So easy, hardly any HS teams are able to get it, except for fake programs, playing with adults, and being promoted by a far right conspiracy theorists, forum poster, on a national forum? If you don't get it, read @THEOC89 post above.

Who did Bishop Sycamore somehow find away to schedule? I’m all ears. And I think even Folsom would do better then 58-0.
*find a way. Not "find away." C'mon man.

And no one is jumping at the bit to play IMG academy, unsanctioned, on the road, to start the season. Folsom, as a public school, cannot even play teams with IMG who are unsanctioned. Get real.

Reactions: PatCarrillo
Not to hijack this lively thread while pasty cline does a great job belting out her/his (?) hits "Sweet Dreams & I Fall toPieces"
....and I do mean that respectfully pasty❤️‍🔥

But this No-game by Bishop Suckamore is hilarious!!! A group of Central Ohio Rubes conned the proud and mighty ESPN by getting a prime time matchup with the nationally known IMG with a school that doesn't exist and NEVER existed !! It's like a Hollywood-Nation Lampoon script collaboration where the writers of "The Sting"and "The Longest Yard"while sitting around a table with a bucket of beers at Hussongs in Ensenada came up with this idea. And.......a cast right out of the Magnificent Seven, juco dropouts and rejects, a 20 year old QB who supposedly played a several different Cal HS's. Can only imagine where you the coaches came from. Horse trainers at the nearby Scioto Downs Racetrack ???

Last edited:
Not to hijack this lively thread while pasty cline does a great job belting out her/his (?) hits "Sweet Dreams & I Fall toPieces"
....and I do mean that respectfully pasty❤️‍🔥

But this No-game by Bishop Suckamore is hilarious!!! A group of Central Ohio Rubes conned the proud and mighty ESPN by getting a prime time matchup with the nationally known IMG with a school that doesn't exist and NEVER existed !! It's like a Hollywood-Nation Lampoon script collaboration where the writers of "The Sting"and "The Longest Yard". And.......a cast right out of the Magnificent Seven, juco dropouts and rejects, a 20 year old QB who supposedly played a several different Cal HS's. Can only imagine where you the coaches came from. Horse trainers at the Scioto Downs Racetrack ???
It is simply the best story ever. Story of the year!

Next thing this forum is going to tell Folsom they need to schedule Bishop Sycamore to gain some respeck!!!!!

So easy, hardly any HS teams are able to get it, except for fake programs, playing with adults, and being promoted by a far right conspiracy theorists, forum poster, on a national forum? If you don't get it, read @THEOC89 post above.
This is not True…. If Folsom were to Schedule a Team Like BG or Chandler AZ there is a Chance that they could get on ESPN as part of the GEICO Showcase games but they would have to play a Significant opponent…..

Folsom has the D1 players that ESPN likes to showcase in their games so if they play another team that has a equal list of D1 guys they could definitely get on ESPN…..

Although. The Last Time They Played on ESPN “One of Their Best Teams Ever” had their Doors Blown off by Grant so maybe it’s not such a good idea… 🤣

Reactions: PatCarrillo
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT