ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom top ranked public in the state

This is not True…. If Folsom were to Schedule a Team Like BG or Chandler AZ there is a Chance that they could get on ESPN as part of the GEICO Showcase games but they would have to play a Significant opponent…..

Folsom has the D1 players that ESPN likes to showcase in their games so if they play another team that has a equal list of D1 guys they could definitely get on ESPN…..

Although. The Last Time They Played on ESPN “One of Their Best Teams Ever” had their Doors Blown off by Grant so maybe it’s not such a good idea… 🤣
Folsom played ESPN before they even had a state title. Imagine that. Grant was the big draw, not Folsom. :)

Oh, and Folsom beat the brakes off that Grant team in the SJS final (Grants best players played, to include a future NFL player), on the way to wiping the floor with SoCals own Serra of Gardena that year, in a year where Folsom was a heavy underdog.

Awwww, memories, I love it! Thanks for bringing it up. To think- That ESPN Grant game actually set up the Folsom dynasty!

In the words of my SoCal brethren "we don't have to travel!"

Not to hijack this lively thread while pasty cline does a great job belting out her/his (?) hits "Sweet Dreams & I Fall toPieces"
....and I do mean that respectfully pasty❤️‍🔥

But this No-game by Bishop Suckamore is hilarious!!! A group of Central Ohio Rubes conned the proud and mighty ESPN by getting a prime time matchup with the nationally known IMG with a school that doesn't exist and NEVER existed !! It's like a Hollywood-Nation Lampoon script collaboration where the writers of "The Sting"and "The Longest Yard". And.......a cast right out of the Magnificent Seven, juco dropouts and rejects, a 20 year old QB who supposedly played a several different Cal HS's. Can only imagine where you the coaches came from. Horse trainers at the Scioto Downs Racetrack ???
Yes, Both ESPN and IMG look like Complete Bafoons for not Vetting this team out…. It just shows IMG doesn’t care who they play because they are so desperate for games because in the states where teams can play them no one wants to and in CA the CIF won’t Allow it…..

The Guy who Runs Prep Gridiorn Logistics, who is a Scheduling company is the one who set this up and helped BS carry out the Scam…..He actually holds the Broadcast right to BS games and has their games on TV or streaming by lying to the opponent’s about what BS really was…. He was also the Face of the USA Acadamy Scam in 2020….

Everyone is throwing each other under the bus so it is pretty funny….. Hoverer if you read the article”s where they interview the former players is is Sick and Scary what has gone down there….

Reactions: Humbab
This is not True…. If Folsom were to Schedule a Team Like BG or Chandler AZ there is a Chance that they could get on ESPN as part of the GEICO Showcase games but they would have to play a Significant opponent…..

Folsom has the D1 players that ESPN likes to showcase in their games so if they play another team that has a equal list of D1 guys they could definitely get on ESPN…..

Although. The Last Time They Played on ESPN “One of Their Best Teams Ever” had their Doors Blown off by Grant so maybe it’s not such a good idea… 🤣
Folsom was offered a game vs Chandler a couple of years ago and turned it down…

Folsom looks to be the top public school in the state right now, and also the highest ranked team in NorCal, above De La Salle. (Los Alamitos is not that good). Folsom is also better than Servite who is getting some extra love for treading water in the Trinity League.

From what I saw last night out of Sparty in the 1st half, they may have a rough outing against the mighty Bulldogs of Folsom, Ca. De La Salle stands 2 spots behind Folsom right now.

Excited to see Folsom finally win one this year!

Rankings don’t mean $hit in week 1. Let’s see where every one gets to by week 4. In addition to strength of competition.

Last edited:
Reactions: PatCarrillo
Folsom played ESPN before they even had a state title. Imagine that. Grant was the big draw, not Folsom. :)

Oh, and Folsom beat the brakes off that Grant team in the SJS final (Grants best players played, to include a future NFL player), on the way to wiping the floor with SoCals own Serra of Gardena that year, in a year where Folsom was a heavy underdog.

Awwww, memories, I love it! Thanks for bringing it up. To think- That ESPN Grant game actually set up the Folsom dynasty!

In the words of my SoCal brethren "we don't have to travel!"
The Dano Graves led D2 Champion

I think Folsom's schedule this year is impressive. Not only the SFL but also DLS, Pittburgh & Monterey Trail. Hate to say it but the traditional game with Jesuit has been a heck of a dud for years now.

Reactions: pastyfastquick3
I think Folsom's schedule this year is impressive. Not only the SFL but also DLS, Pittburgh & Monterey Trail. Hate to say it but the traditional game with Jesuit has been a heck of a dud for years now.
Folsom’s Current Coach has done a much better job of Scheduling then The Great Coach Richardson…

Richardson was always afraid to play DLS and any team that could actually Beat Folsom…. Why’s funny is he really blew it because Folsom could have beat DLS I. 2016 and 2017 when DLS had a Safety playing QB…..

But since he was so scared of DLS and so scared to lose, he threw away his opportunity to be the Coach that Broke the Streak… 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: PatCarrillo
Folsom was offered a game vs Chandler a couple of years ago and turned it down…
I remember that. Folsom had game for the proposed week already.

I could name about 10 really good programs who couldn't make the sxhedules work.

One note of relevance- Servite actually DECLINED a game against Folsom in its entirity.

Folsom’s Current Coach has done a much better job of Scheduling then The Great Coach Richardson…

Richardson was always afraid to play DLS and any team that could actually Beat Folsom…. Why’s funny is he really blew it because Folsom could have beat DLS I. 2016 and 2017 when DLS had a Safety playing QB…..

But since he was so scared of DLS and so scared to lose, he threw away his opportunity to be the Coach that Broke the Streak… 🤣
I agree with you on Richardsons non league scheduling. It was usually abysmal. I know from his standpoint he always figured they had one of the toughest leagues in all of CA and a long SJS playoff run, packed with really good teams.

I know people go nuts when I say this, because it goes against the popular trolling narrative- Richardson never avoided DLS. He always figured they'd play them in the NorCal final, should they get there. Despite the popular narrative, Richardson and Folsom never thought the playoff rules would change like they did- at least not at that time. Did they secretly wish for the change? Who knows. Maybe. Maybe not. I've never heard anyone admit that. I'm sure we all have our own opinions.

And before someone posts the stupid link to the small town Lincoln newspaper that quotes a bunch of soccer moms, just save it.

Just speaking the truth. And to reiterate- I agree on his abysmal non league scheduling, but also strongly agree with his reasoning as a head coach, with the best interests of his players and program in mind. He put them on the map forever. Gotta give it to him.

*find a way. Not "find away." C'mon man.

And no one is jumping at the bit to play IMG academy, unsanctioned, on the road, to start the season. Folsom, as a public school, cannot even play teams with IMG who are unsanctioned. Get real.
This is an all time low even for you. Correcting me for not hitting the space bar? Your scrapping the bottom of the Pasty barrel.

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89
I think another thing that always gets lost here is the factual logistics on making some of these games happen. People always forget Folsom is a public school that has about 100x more constraints on making these things happen that privates don't. That's not an excuse. That's a fact.

Now does that mean that couldn't have scheduled better? No. They could have IMO.

If you actually look at the games Folsom has traveled for non league, they've almost all been to SoCal. No SoCal team, big, small, private, public has ever come to play in one of the best venues in all of CA? Why is that? I don't have have answer. I can always tell you some of the "offers" from some of these programs have been veil at best. As in stuff like "we don't travel!" "No 2 year home and away agreement!" It was usually a pot shot, knowing they had a great team that year and wanted the Dawgs to travel south. Is that fair? Probably not. Should Folsom have just obliged? Maybe. Maybe not. But I can't say I don't agree with Ricahardson on some of that.

I know the only program that declined games- home or away. Was Servite.

If you get past being offended, you will see the intent of my post.
It would take a lot more then that to offend me even if it was by someone I respect. But I think you missed my point. All I’m saying is Folsom has the ability to schedule top-tier teams. It takes a little work but you have to want to. I have heard every excuse possible as to why they won’t do it. You can say your the best public in ca but if your not willing to prove it then it’s just not true. IMO Public schools and most private schools in NorCal do need up their game to compete with Folsom and the program they have put together. They just need to schedule better.

I agree with you on Richardsons non league scheduling. It was usually abysmal. I know from his standpoint he always figured they had one of the toughest leagues in all of CA and a long SJS playoff run, packed with really good teams.

I know people go nuts when I say this, because it goes against the popular trolling narrative- Richardson never avoided DLS. He always figured they'd play them in the NorCal final, should they get there. Despite the popular narrative, Richardson and Folsom never thought the playoff rules would change like they did- at least not at that time. Did they secretly wish for the change? Who knows. Maybe. Maybe not. I've never heard anyone admit that. I'm sure we all have our own opinions.

And before someone posts the stupid link to the small town Lincoln newspaper that quotes a bunch of soccer moms, just save it.

Just speaking the truth. And to reiterate- I agree on his abysmal non league scheduling, but also strongly agree with his reasoning as a head coach, with the best interests of his players and program in mind. He put them on the map forever. Gotta give it to him.
This is a classic Block bipolar quote.

“Just speaking the truth. And to reiterate- I agree on his abysmal non league scheduling, but also strongly agree with his reasoning as a head coach, with the best interests of his players and program in mind. He put them on the map forever. Gotta give it to him.”

You agree that his scheduling sucks but you also strongly agree that it doesn’t because the coach said so. Show us this map that they’re on, what our the boundaries? The one thing you’ve said that’s remotely relevant in your post is that Folsom isn’t afraid to schedule DLS (now meeting in the playoffs Is a different story, they don’t want to mess with there parade for winning a lower level bowl game) they may be 0-4 but they keep coming back, props to the coaching staff.

It would take a lot more then that to offend me even if it was by someone I respect. But I think you missed my point. All I’m saying is Folsom has the ability to schedule top-tier teams. It takes a little work but you have to want to. I have heard every excuse possible as to why they won’t do it. You can say your the best public in ca but if your not willing to prove it then it’s just not true. IMO Public schools and most private schools in NorCal do need up their game to compete with Folsom and the program they have put together. They just need to schedule better.
If it's so easy- set it up for the full maybe 2 slots a year they have open.

Oh- and tell the team they have to travel to Folsom. Preferably a SoCal squad. See what they say.

Reactions: Humbab
Servite and Folsom Have Never Discussed Game…

But if lying about it makes you feel Better while you are Stroking your Ego, keep telling yourself they did…. 🤣
You're right. It wasn't a discussion.

It was a question that ended with a "no thank you."

😉

“Just speaking the truth. And to reiterate- I agree on his abysmal non league scheduling, but also strongly agree with his reasoning as a head coach, with the best interests of his players and program in mind. He put them on the map forever. Gotta give it to him.”

You agree that his scheduling sucks but you also strongly agree that it doesn’t because the coach said so. Show us this map that they’re on, what our the boundaries? The one thing you’ve said that’s remotely relevant in your post is that Folsom isn’t afraid to schedule DLS (now meeting in the playoffs Is a different story, they don’t want to mess with there parade for winning a lower level bowl game) they may be 0-4 but they keep coming back, props to the coaching staff.
If you made a name for the sole purpose of replying to me, they are on you're map. 😉

If it's so easy- set it up for the full maybe 2 slots a year they have open.

Oh- and tell the team they have to travel to Folsom. Preferably a SoCal squad. See what they say.
I don’t see where I said it was gonna be easy. As Far as no one wanting to go to Folsom I don’t believe that. Yeah word got around about how bad Folsom is at hosting big games. The last DLS game i was at was an absolute joke. Half the DLS fan had to watch from the hill. I know Lopez the AD was pissed as hell. I would bet they set some ground rule before agreeing to another game. In the end it’s just another excuse.

Last edited:
Here's a novel response to the original post: Folsom is the top public school football program in Northern California. Is that really debatable if you take the long view?

I Couldn't resist.... It is Such A Great read..... Enjoy!!!

I think the Funniest Part of this is where the Folsom guy who was Threatening a Lawsuit against the CIF is complaining about "Private Schools Being Able to Bring in Talent From Everywhere"... 🤣

At the Time, Folsom's Best Player was a Senior Transfer from GA (Jonah Williams), and Folsom in the future would win Back to Back D1AA Titles on the Backs of "Northern Nevada's Best Players"....🤣

Also, Note Kris Richardson's Quote that The LOSER of The Open Play In Game Should Be REWARDED.... Apparently Richardson doesn't understand that Determining The Best team in a Playoff is what Competition is all about....🤣

This is why No One Respects Folsom or Gives them Credit, They Whined and Cried About Having to Play DLS for a Championship to go to a SBG.... This is Also Why 2014 Folsom Had ZERO Chance of Beating 2014 DLS, Just Look at how the Coaches felt and Administration and Fans.... They Were already Defeated and Terrified of DLS.... 🤣🤣

"Folsom High football coaches Kris Richardson and Troy Taylor acknowledged that while they don’t mind playing De La Salle"...… Really? Then Why Did it Take Folsom 5 Years and Their Best Team Ever To Schedule DLS?....🤣

"THE LOSER OF THE OPEN SHOULD BE REWARDED"- Kris Richardson and Troy Taylor

Parents, fans argue football playoff system is unfair​

Tuesday Dec 24 2013
By: Matt Long, Sports Editor

Folsom’s second blowout loss in as many years to De La Salle in the Northern California open championship football game have some parents and fans grumbling about the playoff system.

One, in fact, called Sac-Joaquin Section commissioner Pete Saco and left him what he described as the worst voice mail he’s received in 21 years.

While Saco provided the big push to start the state football playoffs in 2006, laying the blame at his feet is unfair. Saco, who’s been commissioner of the section for 21 years, recognizes the position of Folsom fans.

“I’ve been doing this long enough where I get all the positions,” Saco said. “I get where Folsom is coming from. I’m about doing what’s right. I want to defend and support the schools in the section.”

Jennifer Cartier, whose son Nick Bolling is a senior offensive lineman on Folsom’s team, wrote a letter to The Folsom Telegraph, and also to other media outlets and the California Interscholastic Federation,

the ruling body of all high school sports in the state. She points out the unfairness of public schools facing private schools. De La Salle, as Cartier states, “is a private school which can attract talent from all over the state, and in some instances, the country, to play for their team.”

Another Folsom resident, who wished to remain anonymous, also wrote a letter to the Telegraph saying a lawsuit should be filed against the CIF utilizing state sports title data to prove private and public schools should never play each other in the CIF state playoff structure.

The resident, who has no ties to the Folsom football program or the high school, said there should be a title path in which private schools play for a state title and a separate path for public schools to battle for the state title.
“A lawsuit would change the system and bring fairness back to public school kids who have been cheated out of a large amount of state titles by being forced to play private schools, which have more money … and the ability to bring in players from anywhere,” he wrote.

Folsom High football coaches Kris Richardson and Troy Taylor acknowledged that while they don’t mind playing De La Salle, they agree that the current playoff system is unfair because the second-best team in Northern California (the loser of the open regional game) is not being rewarded for being the second-best team, while the third-best team, the Division I winner, is being rewarded.

Richardson said after the loss to De La Salle that when the current playoff system was designed, the North would be sending their best teams down South to play for a state title.
“I don’t think they’re doing that right now when they’re sending the loser of the open game home,” Richardson said.

Saco, who said that Folsom High Principal Kathryn Allaman and Richardson and Taylor have been first-class folks to deal with, said there are a couple options to look at in terms of changing the playoff format.

One scenario has the best team in the open division having a bye in the regional playoffs and automatically play in the state title game. If that were in place this year, De La Salle would have had the bye and in all likelihood, Folsom would have played Serra for the Division I title and Del Oro would have been out of the loop.

The scenario that Saco is supporting would be to have every team that wins a section title moving on to play a regional playoff game, meaning instead of having five regional Northern California title games, there would be 12. Again, one team from the North and one from the South would be selected to play in the open championship game and would have a bye in the regional round. This new playoff system would increase the number of state champions in California from five to 12. If that sounds like a lot, that’s as many state champions that Texas crowns each year as well.

“I firmly believe it’s the wave of the future,” Saco said. “I think it can be done and it could happen next year if enough people get behind it. Problems are solvable; we’ve just got to get moving on it to get it better.”
While the plan doesn’t separate publics and privates, it would keep a perennial powerhouse private school, if chosen by the section commissioners as the best in the North or South, from eliminating a public school from the chance of winning a state title.
Why would you post the truth? This is Pasty’s (is that name because you need some color or your fond of nipple covers, please clarify) thread and he’ll have none of that posting the truth crap. It’s only the truth if it never happened🤪

• Haha
Reactions: THEOC89

I think from an Xs and Os standpoint DeLaSalle is much easier to prepare for than an MD, SJB, Centennial. They've run the same offense for 35 plus years. Tons of film on it, plus they've played 4 times vs Folsom. If your line play is good, you've got a good shot. They'd keep scheduling DLS, nothing to lose, W or L. Now, prepping for an MD, SJB, or Centennial would be a far greater concern. The multiple pro style offenses, passing games and superior athletes on the perimeter would be a nightmare to prepare for. So rather than schedule those three, they'll stick with DLS.

Reactions: RedZone90
This is a Flat out Lie…. Servite and Folsom have never discussed a game…. But what else would we expect from you….
I remember hearing about that game being discussed a few years ago. I didn't participate in those conversations so can't say for sure. But people were saying it was a possibility. I remember it because it was right after the Chaminde game, a game where Folsom absolutely destroyed Chamide pulling the starting group very early in the game. Chaminade was not that highly ranked but it was an ars whipping to say the least.

I think from an Xs and Os standpoint DeLaSalle is much easier to prepare for than an MD, SJB, Centennial. They've run the same offense for 35 plus years. Tons of film on it, plus they've played 4 times vs Folsom. If your line play is good, you've got a good shot. They'd keep scheduling DLS, nothing to lose, W or L. Now, prepping for an MD, SJB, or Centennial would be a far greater concern. The multiple pro style offenses, passing games and superior athletes on the perimeter would be a nightmare to prepare for. So rather than schedule those three, they'll stick with DLS.
In the past it wasn’t a problem because 99% of teams couldn’t stop the veer even though they knew what was coming. It looks like they’ll be mixing it up even more than the past and create some problems for defenses. The drawback to airing it out is you can’t perfect the line play for the veer as well so it’s going to be interesting to see how things play out. DLS has been playing with house money for at least half of their NorCal win streak so it’s not that big deal if they lose a game but they have been bucking the odds for awhile so who knows🤷🏽

Reactions: remc
In the past it wasn’t a problem because 99% of teams couldn’t stop the veer even though they knew what was coming. It looks like they’ll be mixing it up even more than the past and create some problems for defenses. The drawback to airing it out is you can’t perfect the line play for the veer as well so it’s going to be interesting to see how things play out. DLS has been playing with house money for at least half of their NorCal win streak so it’s not that big deal if they lose a game but they have been bucking the odds for awhile so who knows🤷🏽
1960 is calling and wants it's offense back!

1960 is calling and wants it's offense back!
So Folsom had film going back over 60years to beat DLS and they still went 0-4. They should fire the whole administration for hiring those incompetent coaches and reimburse anybody who paid money for a ticket then head over to your house and slap your momma for allowing you to have access to the internet.👋

Good post, and I agree about the line play not being as precise as it used to be due to mixing in more passing plays. The execution of the veer isn't quite as crisp

Reactions: Norcalnut
I'll take the computer data at Calpreps that has Folsom #1.

Besides Folsom has been the best public in the state for the last decade anyways. Tough thing to do but impressive!

I'll take the computer data at Calpreps that has Folsom #1.

Besides Folsom has been the best public in the state for the last decade anyways. Tough thing to do but impressive!
Hey pasty, question for you? How long ago since you graduated from Folsom?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT