ADVERTISEMENT

Folsom vs. DLS week! Poll predictions!

Who will win the Folsom vs. DLS game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Genuinly asking: Is the streak the two straight wins?
No.
The Streak, since 2004, nowadays is what a senior dude plans with his buddies to pull off at halftime to freak out the parents with lots of "cover their eyes!!"

Trivia- did any school public or private, since that 2004 151 win ending game versus Bellevue at Qwest travel there again to repeat the challenge BEFORE Goncharoff got busted for recruiting and padding his roster with ineligibles?

Last edited:
Add in the Folsom game from 2018 where Folsom likely should have been up 7-0 when Ngata‘s knee wasn’t correctly ruled down at the goal line in a game that was 0-0 into the 2nd half.
Folsom has heald DLS to TWO 1st half goose eggs.

Public school defense.

I think the book is closed on De La Salle being the dominant force they were for a long time in NorCal, but there are years where they will end up being the best team in the region . I think them coming back to the pack a little (most notable things to me are less precise offensive execution and more missed tackles) and other schools rising up has led to this.

Lets not forget that even during the streak in the past 10 years or so, Bellarmine missed a PAT that would have beat them, DLS ran in a botched PAT at Serra to beat them, DLS beat Serra 10-7 or something like that at home, Cal was within seven in the fourth quarter, etc.

Difference being in those times, DLS caught a break or made the key play at the right moment. Past two years, that hasn't happened.
And 2004 DLS tie with Palma 7-7. That game was really the closest to an upset in the DLS NorCal streak. This was before CCS changed its OT rule in 2006.

According to MaxPreps, they both did, Palma 7-7 and CVC 17-17 four weeks later.
That's right - I forgot about CVC being a tie too. For some reason, I had thought the NCS section had different OT rules at that time so I didn't look to verify my memory.

Reactions: cityfan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT