Skyline (Oakland) 16, Sequoia 12
Mills 32, Monta Vista 6
San Mateo 34, Aragon 0
Half Moon Bay 45, Burlingame 26
Serra 38, Menlo-Atherton 13

Update with one Saturday score:

SHP 28, St. Ignatius 21

Last edited:
Some of the scores have me wondering how many players some of these teams are fielding.

* Homestead 68-6 over SSF - how bad can SSF be? It seems to get worse year by year..
* Woodside not much better losing 61-16 to a Carlmont team that lost the previous week 28-7.
* And what on earth has happened to Aragon - getting shut-out 34-0 by SM??
* Am I wrong or does the PAL now have more weak teams than respectable teams?
* I thought HMB vs Bgame would be closer & HMB is better than expected [or is BGame...?]
* Will be interesting to see how SHP does today.
* Despite loss to Serra is there really any PAL team to challenge M-A?

Some of the scores have me wondering how many players some of these teams are fielding.

* Homestead 68-6 over SSF - how bad can SSF be? It seems to get worse year by year..
* Woodside not much better losing 61-16 to a Carlmont team that lost the previous week 28-7.
* I thought HMB vs Bgame would be closer & HMB is better than expected [or is BGame...?]

No question roster numbers are down at too many PAL schools. Lack of quality depth is a major problem. There also seems to be a dearth of quality prep linemen throughout the 18-team member circuit. Outside of M-A, there are not a lot of serious college prospects. Too many coaching changes as well. It's a combination that produces very spotty results (even M-A is showing some obvious flaws). And, yes, the situation at South San Francisco has become untenable, arguably the worst in the program's history. The losses have become positively grotesque. Small wonder that WCAL schools like Serra, Riordan, SHC, etc. are poaching North County guys with glee.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barking Dog
For the record:

First-year head coaches are in place at Mills, Terra Nova, Jefferson, El Camino and South San Francisco. How many are full-time teacher-coaches working daily on campus? That's not clear.

Ill try to answer a few of these.

SSF is a bad situation a good coach left for Cap ($$.)

Woodside is struggling. Carlmont lost 28-7 to SHP. SHP beats SI 28-21. You can figure that one out if your into comparing scores. If Carlmont loses to PA badly in 2 weeks then they are back to the drawing board as a program.

Aragon is not getting the players they used to. Some are disgruntled and left for Hillsdale, some just not playing.

Bgame is not quite last year but still good. HMB better than last year.

SHP won which is good for them.

No. MA should run through the Bay league.

There is concern that SSF's program is so depleted, so dysfunctional, so non-competitive that the varsity might implode altogether as another historically awful season progresses. Will the Warriors finish out the 2019 campaign? That remains to be seen. The sole solution: A committed, competent, full-time, on-campus teacher/coach along with strong support from the administration. Will that come to pass? Who knows? But, so far, it doesn't appear to be a priority on the B Street campus.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT