ADVERTISEMENT

Rapp to sit out

colhenrylives

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2009
The Serra administration has announced that Chuck Rapp will take another year off from coaching basketball to deal with a lingering medical issue. Assistant Coach Brian Carson will take over as varsity head coach on an interim basis.

Last edited:
Burlingame grad Brian Carson is acting Serra head coach. Ironic as former Serra players coach all over The City, Peninsula and South Bay.

Is that the same guy who coached at McAteer during the Dante Sawyer era?

Looks like it might be. Craig Carson was the the McAteer head coach at Gridley 2001, and Brian Carson was an Assistant. They won Gridley, that year. Really fun team to watch. Sad to say, the School was disbanded the following year.

Here's wishing you great hoops

Last edited:
There was a Carson who coached at McAteer, maybe in the 1970s and/or early 1980s. I don't recall his first name (Mike, maybe?), but he also coached at Our Lady of Angels School in Burlingame and my playground team from San Bruno used to scrimmage them. His son was on the OLA team and so was a Healy boy.

There was a Carson who coached at McAteer, maybe in the 1970s and/or early 1980s. I don't recall his first name (Mike, maybe?), but he also coached at Our Lady of Angels School in Burlingame and my playground team from San Bruno used to scrimmage them. His son was on the OLA team and so was a Healy boy.

Correct. Mike Carson is the dad. He's a former star athlete at Riordan and at SF State. He coached in the AAA for years. He also was a college basketball ref for several decades.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT