ADVERTISEMENT

There's a movement brewing to get Folsom removed from the SFL

Here are my thoughts as posted elsewhere:

As a fan of the SFL, I gotta say I agree with Grant Union's AD Carl Reed. The Pacers were doing what Folsom's doing now for the better part of 20 years. And local teams complained and didn't want to play them either. Shut up and beat 'em is right.

Quite honestly, I'm embarrassed for all the SFL programs that spoke up against Folsom -- and I'm far from a Folsom homer. I mean, in reality, they've been dominant for 6 years now. That's a far cry from a DLS-like situation of not losing a single game in league, section or NorCal for 27 years. Hell, this is only Folsom's 5th season in the damn league. And there are other sports besides football and Folsom's not dominating those.

I respect Coach Benzel of Rocklin, Coach Evans of Granite Bay and Coach Cavaliere of Oak Ridge, but the "let's get 'em out our league so one of us has a chance to win" attitude is something I detest. When Rocklin had numerous D1 athletes and were boat racing opponents in 2009, I doubt Benzel thought or felt the same way.

Also, I had no doubt Grant Union wasn't at all involved in this movement because they just joined the league this season and have been on Folsom's side of the coin before. And they always seek out top competition from the area. So they'll never have an issue with Folsom on their schedule. Seems like Del Oro doesn't take issue with it either. But, of course, both those programs have Open enrollment too so perhaps that makes some sense (although Grant Union doesn't draw kids to Del Paso Heights often).

I do acknowledge that Open enrollment does provide an advantage. But instead of addressing it with Folsom, you go behind their back to the CIF? How about trying to work with Folsom/Grant Union/Del Oro to see if they'd be open to switching from an open enrollment system? I recall hearing during the Summer that Folsom was actually doing that but then it suddenly changed. Or perhaps talk to your own district about going to open enrollment for the sake of competitiveness? IDK if any of that happened or not. But judging from Folsom's AD and coach reaction, it doesn't sound like it.

I gotta admit -- I'm still quite surprised to read about this. And shaking my head.

Sorry, I didn't catch the other thread that was created for this topic so please merge this with it.

Here are my thoughts as posted elsewhere:

As a fan of the SFL, I gotta say I agree with Grant Union's AD Carl Reed. The Pacers were doing what Folsom's doing now for the better part of 20 years. And local teams complained and didn't want to play them either. Shut up and beat 'em is right.

Quite honestly, I'm embarrassed for all the SFL programs that spoke up against Folsom -- and I'm far from a Folsom homer. I mean, in reality, they've been dominant for 6 years now. That's a far cry from a DLS-like situation of not losing a single game in league, section or NorCal for 27 years. Hell, this is only Folsom's 5th season in the damn league. And there are other sports besides football and Folsom's not dominating those.

I respect Coach Benzel of Rocklin, Coach Evans of Granite Bay and Coach Cavaliere of Oak Ridge, but the "let's get 'em out our league so one of us has a chance to win" attitude is something I detest. When Rocklin had numerous D1 athletes and were boat racing opponents in 2009, I doubt Benzel thought or felt the same way.

Also, I had no doubt Grant Union wasn't at all involved in this movement because they just joined the league this season and have been on Folsom's side of the coin before. And they always seek out top competition from the area. So they'll never have an issue with Folsom on their schedule. Seems like Del Oro doesn't take issue with it either. But, of course, both those programs have Open enrollment too so perhaps that makes some sense (although Grant Union doesn't draw kids to Del Paso Heights often).

I do acknowledge that Open enrollment does provide an advantage. But instead of addressing it with Folsom, you go behind their back to the CIF? How about trying to work with Folsom/Grant Union/Del Oro to see if they'd be open to switching from an open enrollment system? I recall hearing during the Summer that Folsom was actually doing that but then it suddenly changed. Or perhaps talk to your own district about going to open enrollment for the sake of competitiveness? IDK if any of that happened or not. But judging from Folsom's AD and coach reaction, it doesn't sound like it.

I gotta admit -- I'm still quite surprised to read about this. And shaking my head.

I like this thread better being a grant fan we’d like to bring folsom back down to earth soon and like you said folsom has only been this good for about 8 years now and in those years they were still having competitive games. Grant is nothing like is once was ( we still have some of the best talent in Sacramento) and it’s still hard to schedule teams hell the forced us to play in the sfl citing player safety as a reason to not us follow our other sports programs to the different league. My point is once the chances folsom will ever be this good again? What’s the chances they’ll get 4 d1 athletes from out of state again. They’ll continue to pull some talent from across Sacramento, but other teams do too. Teams just have to take this year on the chin. But if folsom continues to pluck talent from Nevada and Sacramento I think they should be kinda forced to play some of the better teams from so cal or atleast one of those Reno teams

If they push Folsom out all of the SFL schools should be prohibited from scheduling De La Salle or even playing them if they were to earn a shot at playing them in regionals.

If you're scared to play Folsom, you have no business trying with De La Salle. Who different ball game.

I’ve heard the same. Strong desire to have them be independent. Concerns about kids getting hurt. It’s not about being afraid or any of that macho BS. If any of you respect those coaches who spoke out then you should respect they have a better handle on what’s what than you or I do.

Likely more reasons that won’t be disclosed out in public as well.

Forfeits may be the future.

Personally, I don’t care. Folsom keeps us in DII. Happy there.

Last edited:
What is ironic is the same posters who have been trolling Folsom for not being able to beat DLS, or play a team like MD or SJB, are generally the SAME posters who are fellow SFLers calling for Folsom to be removed from the league.

This world is crazy!

I like this thread better being a grant fan we’d like to bring folsom back down to earth soon and like you said folsom has only been this good for about 8 years now and in those years they were still having competitive games. Grant is nothing like is once was ( we still have some of the best talent in Sacramento) and it’s still hard to schedule teams hell the forced us to play in the sfl citing player safety as a reason to not us follow our other sports programs to the different league. My point is once the chances folsom will ever be this good again? What’s the chances they’ll get 4 d1 athletes from out of state again. They’ll continue to pull some talent from across Sacramento, but other teams do too. Teams just have to take this year on the chin. But if folsom continues to pluck talent from Nevada and Sacramento I think they should be kinda forced to play some of the better teams from so cal or atleast one of those Reno teams

Makes me laugh when you say they are getting kids from “out of state” from “Nevada”, as if kids are moving from Vegas and not two hours away. As if it would be ok if they moved from that distance if it was from a city in California.

Reactions: cookie530
Concerns about kids getting hurt. It’s not about being afraid or any of that macho BS. If any of you respect those coaches who spoke out then you should respect they have a better handle on what’s what than you or I do.

Sorry, not buying it.

The chief things I kept reading in that article was "Folsom's too good" and "they have Open enrollment". Injury concerns were mentioned in passing. To that point, is there any evidence to suggest that opposing teams are incurring more injuries facing Folsom than they are at any other point in the season? Unless the evidence is there, that's just making an excuse to mask the real issue.

As I said before, when Rocklin and Granite Bay were trucking their opposition with a surplus of talent within the past 10 years, I didn't hear these coaches complaining of being leery about facing inferior teams and hurting them. It's only suddenly when the shoe is on the other foot that it's a problem. And they don't like that Folsom has been able to string it together for longer than a class or two.

And as @SPortela24 pointed out, GB really doesn't have much of a leg to stand on when they've actively scheduled the likes of DLS. Sure, we get it .. they scheduled that game when they felt they had the horses to compete. But Folsom isn't always DLS level good. They've probably only been so twice now.

Last edited:
If they push Folsom out all of the SFL schools should be prohibited from scheduling De La Salle or even playing them if they were to earn a shot at playing them in regionals.

While I agree with your premise, it's not fair to apply it to ALL SFL schools. I didn't read or hear Del Oro and Grant Union complaining. The Pacers AD was essentially quoted as saying "shut up and beat'em". Plus those two programs consistently seek out top competition wherever they can find it.

This appears to only apply to Rocklin, Oak Ridge and Granite Bay. I didn't hear Whitney mentioned, but they've never faced Folsom yet so perhaps we only need to wait until after tonight.

This world is crazy!

Nope, only you.
Sorry, not buying it.

The chief things I kept reading in that article was "Folsom's too good" and "they have Open enrollment". Injury concerns were mentioned in passing. To that point, is there any evidence to suggest that opposing teams are incurring more injuries facing Folsom than they are at any other point in the season? Unless the evidence is there, that's just making an excuse to mask the real issue.

As I said before, when Rocklin and Granite Bay were trucking their opposition with a surplus of talent within the past 10 years, I didn't hear these coaches complaining of being leery about facing inferior teams and hurting them. It's only suddenly when the shoe is on the other foot that it's a problem. And they don't like that Folsom has been able to string it together for longer than a class or two.

And as @SPortela24 pointed out, GB really doesn't have much of a leg to stand on when they've actively scheduled the likes of DLS. Sure, we get it .. they scheduled that game when they felt they had the horses to compete. But Folsom isn't always DLS level good. They've probably only been so twice now.

Reading an article in the Sac Bee and talking to actual coaches might give you a different perspective. I will leave it at that.

Nope, only you.

Reading an article in the Sac Bee and talking to actual coaches might give you a different perspective. I will leave it at that.

Im sure the coaches are a little salty. They brought in Folsom probably with the thought that it would make the league stronger while also allowing them to knock Folsom down a few pegs by making them play in a “real” league. Instead the new kid came in and slapped them around and took their lunch money. Reminds me of when I grew up in Monterey County when Palma was criticized for years for playing in the MTAL, then they finally went and joined the MBL and dominated everybody (except Hollister) en route to winning 4 league titles and 2 CCS D1 titles and a D4 title during their four year stint in the league.

Are you really under the impression that I don't know or talk to any coaches? I've been in and around coaching for nearly 30 years. Got my first gig directly out of HS. I don't think I'm missing perspective. But perhaps I'm just misunderstanding you.

Also, there are active coaches that don't feel the same way so I don't think you can chalk up a difference of opinion to perspective.

According to maxpreps, Folsom is up 49-0 over Whitney in the second quarter and they complete a long pass in the last few moments before half and eventually throw another TD under a minute to go up 56-0. WTF is up with their coach?

Are you really under the impression that I don't know or talk to any coaches? I've been in and around coaching for nearly 30 years. Got my first gig directly out of HS. I don't think I'm missing perspective. But perhaps I'm just misunderstanding you.

Also, there are active coaches that don't feel the same way so I don't think you can chalk up a difference of opinion to perspective.

I’m saying are you talking to the coaches in question or just the Bee? Not suggesting you’re not wise or experienced beyond the rest of us but clearly three well run programs feel the same. So not everyone in the business agrees with your opinion and maybe knows things you don’t.

but clearly three well run programs feel the same. So not everyone in the business agrees with your opinion and maybe knows things you don’t.

And there are coaches on the opposite end of this that are no less knowledgeable than the 3 you keep referring to.

This reminds of situations when a laymen disagrees with an expert's opinion and people are quick to say "he's an expert and you're not" when there's other qualified experts that agree with the layman. Experts in their field often disagree despite having the same info and perspective at their disposal.

You keep implying that with proper knowledge and perspective that everyone would agree with these 3 coaches. I keep trying to tell you that's not the case.

Reactions: aztecpadre
According to maxpreps, Folsom is up 49-0 over Whitney in the second quarter and they complete a long pass in the last few moments before half and eventually throw another TD under a minute to go up 56-0. WTF is up with their coach?

If Whitney wants the game to end before halftime why not just leave the field?

I mean I'm okay with it. Would I do it if I was a coach? No.

As a team though if you can't step up that is on you, not Folsom. If you feel unsafe at all because they are bigger and better then don't get on the field to begin with. It's not like you haven't seen tape. But once you choose to get on that field all bets are off.

Take your butt whoopin and learn from it.

And there are coaches on the opposite end of this that are no less knowledgeable than the 3 you keep referring to.

This reminds of situations when a laymen disagrees with an expert's opinion and people are quick to say "he's an expert and you're not" when there's other qualified experts that agree with the layman. Experts in their field often disagree despite having the same info and perspective at their disposal.

You keep implying that with proper knowledge and perspective that everyone would agree with these 3 coaches. I keep trying to tell you that's not the case.

I’m saying they know things we don’t know and you are correct we don’t know if everyone would agree with them even if they knew the same thing. So if you respect those coaches and their programs, they should be respected for their stance and position and for the info they posses.

Thunder I respect your opinion and value it on this board but those guys are in the trenches and know what’s happening in that league.

In the trenches? Wow, coaching football in upper-middle class suburbs is life or death stuff! If it wasn’t for football keeping these kids on the straight and narrow they might end up at a *gasp* public university or something.

While I agree with your premise, it's not fair to apply it to ALL SFL schools. I didn't read or hear Del Oro and Grant Union complaining. The Pacers AD was essentially quoted as saying "shut up and beat'em". Plus those two programs consistently seek out top competition wherever they can find it.

This appears to only apply to Rocklin, Oak Ridge and Granite Bay. I didn't hear Whitney mentioned, but they've never faced Folsom yet so perhaps we only need to wait until after tonight.

And you won't ever hear DO or Grant complaining, because they both have open enrollment as well. Loomis has a population of around 5000. Funny how their are 1700 kids that go to DO. Those numbers just don't add up with a population of only 5000. So again, you will never hear any complaints from DO.They have and still have the same ability as Folsom does, just at a smaller level. And this is why they also will continue with their success in the SFL.

I mean I'm okay with it. Would I do it if I was a coach? No.

As a team though if you can't step up that is on you, not Folsom. If you feel unsafe at all because they are bigger and better then don't get on the field to begin with. It's not like you haven't seen tape. But once you choose to get on that field all bets are off.

Take your butt whoopin and learn from it.

Hmmm... I just don't see how Folsom fans think this is fair. Or anyone who thinks this is fair. " Take your butt whooping and get on with it" Folsom is to afraid to be an independent. They would have to see the likes of themselves, DlLS and opponents that could actually compete with them. They rather be assured the " W" every week than actually be challenged and take a chance on getting the " L".. That's WEEK.

Hmmm... I just don't see how Folsom fans think this is fair. Or anyone who thinks this is fair. " Take your butt whooping and get on with it" Folsom is to afraid to be an independent. They would have to see the likes of themselves, DlLS and opponents that could actually compete with them. They rather be assured the " W" every week than actually be challenged and take a chance on getting the " L".. That's WEEK.

"I'll take 'What a Loser Says' for $500 Alex" ^^^^^^^^

Reactions: awood1
The SFL is not going to change any time soon. In order to make change, every team most vote 100% to make the change, so I doubt Folsom would do that. I think there are 4-5 school districts that make up the SFL, some allowing open enrollment and some not. No way you are going to get 4-5 school districts to be on the same page, especially over the theme of this matter, just to satisfy all schools to be 100% open or closed enrollment. With school districts having different rules, there will be a sense of advantages vs. disadvantages across the board. It is what it is.

I do agree that all SFL schools should have an opportunity to discuss issues during the SFL board meetings. The majority of schools that share similar issues with regards to Folsom needed to be heard. I have a problem with the way the content of the meeting was initially reported. We were not there, nor was the reporter. Gathering pieces of info from each school representative at the meeting or who was not at the meeting, doesn't always give the clear picture of what was trying to be discussed as a whole. The social media reaction of "quitters" or "losers" is a bit much given what these coaches have done over the last decade. These programs have very good coaching staffs that have been successful up to state level. Collectively, the football staff's experience and knowledge of local HS football have been well respected as they should be. Some of the staffs have been together for years without personal change, which is a big reason the SFL has been so successful. Newcomers (Whitney/Grant) are experiencing this each week, but will be better for it in the long run. Every staff works just as hard and puts the same hours as Folsom.

Again, regarding OR's stance on this matter, we stated clearly that we wanted to continue playing Folsom each year, whether it's in league or not, just like we have for the past 15 years or so. To play football at OR, you have to live in the OR boundaries of El Dorado Hills (some bounderies within EDH are for Pondo/UM). This stands whether you are going in to 9th grade or transfering in 10-12 grade...you have to be a resident. All current players have EDH residence. This rule is not the same with regards to some of our opponents, with Folsom currently being the most publicized, thus the reason for the discussion at the board meeting. In addition, OR expects to beat Folsom each time we play them. We felt like we closed the gap the past two seasons, however this season not so!

I have acknowledged that I coach for OR, so I have put myself out there. I appreciate what the SFL staffs do each year. I encourage the social media jockeys to back off a bit and understand you may not know the entire facts of the story.

The SFL is not going to change any time soon. In order to make change, every team most vote 100% to make the change, so I doubt Folsom would do that. I think there are 4-5 school districts that make up the SFL, some allowing open enrollment and some not. No way you are going to get 4-5 school districts to be on the same page, especially over the theme of this matter, just to satisfy all schools to be 100% open or closed enrollment. With school districts having different rules, there will be a sense of advantages vs. disadvantages across the board. It is what it is.

I do agree that all SFL schools should have an opportunity to discuss issues during the SFL board meetings. The majority of schools that share similar issues with regards to Folsom needed to be heard. I have a problem with the way the content of the meeting was initially reported. We were not there, nor was the reporter. Gathering pieces of info from each school representative at the meeting or who was not at the meeting, doesn't always give the clear picture of what was trying to be discussed as a whole. The social media reaction of "quitters" or "losers" is a bit much given what these coaches have done over the last decade. These programs have very good coaching staffs that have been successful up to state level. Collectively, the football staff's experience and knowledge of local HS football have been well respected as they should be. Some of the staffs have been together for years without personal change, which is a big reason the SFL has been so successful. Newcomers (Whitney/Grant) are experiencing this each week, but will be better for it in the long run. Every staff works just as hard and puts the same hours as Folsom.

Again, regarding OR's stance on this matter, we stated clearly that we wanted to continue playing Folsom each year, whether it's in league or not, just like we have for the past 15 years or so. To play football at OR, you have to live in the OR boundaries of El Dorado Hills (some bounderies within EDH are for Pondo/UM). This stands whether you are going in to 9th grade or transfering in 10-12 grade...you have to be a resident. All current players have EDH residence. This rule is not the same with regards to some of our opponents, with Folsom currently being the most publicized, thus the reason for the discussion at the board meeting. In addition, OR expects to beat Folsom each time we play them. We felt like we closed the gap the past two seasons, however this season not so!

I have acknowledged that I coach for OR, so I have put myself out there. I appreciate what the SFL staffs do each year. I encourage the social media jockeys to back off a bit and understand you may not know the entire facts of the story.

Well said, coach. Thanks for posting it.

Reactions: MCIC
All current players have EDH residence. This rule is not the same with regards to some of our opponents, with Folsom
You keep going back to the "open enrollment" excuse, then defending yourself with "all our players have a EDH address."

You fail to mention that ALL Folsom players also have a Folsom address, with Folsom actually losing more kids to Oak Ridge in the past 3 years than they have gotten back in any way shape or form. You MUST live in Folsom to play at Folsom. Same rules that apply to you, apply to Folsom. You have a number of kids on your squad that were born and raised in Folsom- played for the junior bulldogs all the way up. No one has said a word. And frankly, it doesn't matter. You are just insinuating that Folsom is doing something wrong because kids want to play there, and that simply isn't fair. That is why people are bashing you and a few others schools....total cop out.

I guess I am confused on how Folsom is playing by different rules. You have thrown out accusations but have not backed them up with facts, just generalizations.

A few facts for perspective:
1. A majority of Del Oro's squad DOES NOT live in Loomis. (for the record, this doesn't matter)
2. ALL of Folsom's team lives in Folsom.
3. There are other SFL schools with more transfers than Folsom
4. Oak Ridge has twice the number of Folsom kids on they're squad, than Folsom has in transfers.

So, is the "open enrollment" argument just an excuse to target a school for winning?

You also promised to counter the arguments I made about the SPECIFICS of open enrollment, transfers, etc.....I was VERY specific. So far you have not been. I look forward to your response.

Last edited:
You keep going back to the "open enrollment" excuse, then defending yourself with "all our players have a EDH address."

You fail to mention that ALL Folsom players also have a Folsom address, with Folsom actually losing more kids to Oak Ridge in the past 3 years than they have gotten back in any way shape or form. You MUST live in Folsom to play at Folsom. Same rules that apply to you, apply to Folsom. You have a number of kids on your squad that were born and raised in Folsom- played for the junior bulldogs all the way up. No one has said a word. And frankly, it doesn't matter. You are just insinuating that Folsom is doing something wrong because kids want to play there, and that simply isn't fair. That is why people are bashing you and a few others schools....total cop out.

I guess I am confused on how Folsom is playing by different rules. You have thrown out accusations but have not backed them up with facts, just generalizations.

A few facts for perspective:
1. A majority of Del Oro's squad DOES NOT live in Loomis. (for the record, this doesn't matter)
2. ALL of Folsom's team lives in Folsom.
3. There are other SFL schools with more transfers than Folsom
4. Oak Ridge has twice the number of Folsom kids on they're squad, than Folsom has in transfers.

So, is the "open enrollment" argument just an excuse to target a school for winning?

You also promised to counter the arguments I made about the SPECIFICS of open enrollment, transfers, etc.....I was VERY specific. So far you have not been. I look forward to your response.
Here is what I propose. Can you offer if you are a current folsom coach or school administrator? If you are not one of those, then I’m wasting my time with someone who doesn’t know the facts, I don’t have time to banter back and forth, especially on a website. Please let me know which is it, so I know I can have the appropriate dialogue. Second, if you are a current Folsom coach or school administrator, then I offer you an opportunity to meet at my place of business in EDH where we can have a beer and discuss like gentlemen, I’ll even buy the first round. I have done this with current varsity coaches from Folsom, Rocklin, and Whitney.

I have been open to how I play my part (SFL coach) in this matter. Please indicate which of the two that best describes you, coach or an admin at Folsom?

Thank You

Here is what I propose. Can you offer if you are a current folsom coach or school administrator? If you are not one of those, then I’m wasting my time with someone who doesn’t know the facts, I don’t have time to banter back and forth, especially on a website. Please let me know which is it, so I know I can have the appropriate dialogue. Second, if you are a current Folsom coach or school administrator, then I offer you an opportunity to meet at my place of business in EDH where we can have a beer and discuss like gentlemen, I’ll even buy the first round. I have done this with current varsity coaches from Folsom, Rocklin, and Whitney.

I have been open to how I play my part (SFL coach) in this matter. Please indicate which of the two that best describes you, coach or an admin at Folsom?

Thank You
I find it interesting that I am very specific in my points and information...And instead of refuting my points with facts, you want me to identify myself so we can have the "appropriate" dialogue. So what is "appropriate?" Accusations in the Sac Bee? Accusations on this forum? All of which are opinions and not facts, while choosing to leave out even the key details on your program? C'mon, let's be adults here. I have been open and to the point in refuting your claims with not much of anything in return other than "we or I don't know the facts." That is obviously false.

I don't mind that you have the opinion that you do. I just don't agree with the way you have publicly went about it, all while either misstating or misleading facts to others, and then backtracking off some of it when confronted. The Internet can be a good and a bad thing. I believe it is a bad thing in a case like this.

I am not going to identify myself on an open forum due to the high visibility of this issue. But if you have a problem, as you have stated, I would encourage you to go directly to the leaders of that program face to face and not through third parties or media outlets, which just muddy's the waters. I truly believe the programs identified in the article have made themselves look bad, especially considering the Folsom program likely comes back to earth next year. A lot of fuss and whining over one season if you ask me.

Thank You

He keeps score on MaxPreps for Folsom. He has admitted it on this board several times. He thinks he knows more than he does. He’s also runs multiple handles on this site and consistently lies about who he is, with nearly a dozen personalities. He’s a nobody but he can count by 7. I would ignore anything this poster says. We call him Sybil because he’s weird and not in control of himself.

I want to make it clear with regards to my offer to cookie530 that my proposal also requires that you are 21 yrs or older as we do not serve alcohol to minors.

He keeps score on MaxPreps for Folsom. He has admitted it on this board several times. He thinks he knows more than he does. He’s also runs multiple handles on this site and consistently lies about who he is, with nearly a dozen personalities. He’s a nobody but he can count by 7. I would ignore anything this poster says. We call him Sybil because he’s weird and not in control of himself.
I have never admitted such. You may have had run ins with other posters, but I have no association with such. I have read these forums for years and not posted, mostly because I just read for entertainment value.

I have also read all of your anti-Folsom posts the lasts few years and have chosen not to respond to you out of the slimy contexts of your posts. As a Del Oro poster, fan, parent, whatever.....I expect better.

I would encourage others to ignore this poster, as he is accusing others of not being credible to disguise his own non-credibility.

Feel free to read through all my posts. I am very specific, detailed, and to the point and don't engage in childish back and forth, or identity games.

That will be all.

I want to make it clear with regards to my offer to cookie530 that my proposal also requires that you are 21 yrs or older as we do not serve alcohol to minors.
You can make jokes to avoid the obvious all you want. But you stated you would address and refute my posts with all the relevant facts "when you had time." You obviously have time now, so let's hear it. No reason for name calling or trolling.

PS- Someone under 21 would not have the information I do. Especially details on your program. They generally stick to Twitter and Facebook, which I don't engage in.

Last edited:
You can make jokes to avoid the obvious all you want. But you stated you would address and refute my posts with all the relevant facts "when you had time." You obviously have time now, so let's hear it.

PS- Someone under 21 would not have the information I do. Especially details on your program. They generally stick to Twitter and Facebook, which I don't engage in.
I’m not making any jokes. I was providing an appropriate disclaimer with regards to my offer to buy you a beer. I take this very seriously!

If you are unwilling to explain your role in this matter, then I guess case is closed. However, just so you don’t respond with some rant about me not posting responses to your pre-weekend comments, I will extend my invitation whether you are a coach/admin or not. Please, let’s discuss this in person. I have a very friendly restaurant/bar to do this. In fact, if anyone else on this board would like to do the same...I’m in!...in fact I think I would encourage at the very least a third party to join us.

I’m not sure how to contact people on this board privately, but I would be happy to do so to make it happen.

So Folsom joined the best league in Northern California because it wanted to be assured wins? Interesting.

I for one appreciate the insight and perspective you're providing, as well as putting yourself out there -- as you put it. So, many props for that ;)

We're all entitled to an opinion and, as also pointed out, all have varying understanding of the situation/facts. But that surely doesn't stop us from forming an opinion based upon what we believe we know.

Speaking for myself, I've often changed an initial opinion that I've formed after learning things I didn't know that I didn't know. It happens. But sometimes you know all you need to know, too. Not saying that's for certain the case here, but it very well could be.

So Folsom joined the best league in Northern California because it wanted to be assured wins? Interesting.

Not to totally impugn your point, but did they really have a choice which league they joined? Doesn't the section committee decide all that?

I feel confident Folsom would have opted to join the SFL, if given a choice. However, I'm not one to give credit where it's not due.

Very long post, let me summarize to see if I got it:
1. Folsom has to agree to go independent, so it does not really matter what the other schools want.
2. GB, Rocklin and OR coaches went semi-public by putting a proposal forward in a league meeting to have Folsom go independent. (versus having an off-line discussion with the Folsom coach)
3. Open enrollment is a school district policy that each school district sets for themselves. There is a mix of policies within the SFL.
4. The complaining coaches are being called out for their public complaining (both the proposal and the quotes in the Sac Bee). These complaining coaches should be cut slack for their complaining because they have had some wins (not against Folsom, but other schools).
5. These complaining coaches are as good as the Folsom coaches, or at least they work as hard.
6. OR wants to keep playing Folsom as a local rivalry, just not as part of the SFL.
7. Every kid who has ever played at OR has exclusively lived in EDH.
8. You coach at OR.

I will say that I deeply respect your acknowledgement that you coach for OR. I will also say that your acknowledgement does not qualify you for a moral high ground. It is not fair for you to dismiss others who do not similarly expose themselves.

I hope that you see that this is really rather silly. We could just start and stop at point #1. Everything else is moot since the Folsom principal has stated that it will not happen.

But the complaining coaches chose to go public. It was their choice to make the accusations that they did. From what I read: a) Folsom is too good, b) Folsom gets transfers, c) Folsom has kids move into Folsom to play for the school, d) Folsom has open enrollment, e) it is a safety issue, f) the league title is not available to anyone but Folsom. I think we have walked thru each of these complaints. None hold water.

I will also say that point #5 above may be part of the problem. First, hard work is a given and saying they 'work equally as hard' is irrelevant. If you just look at the consistency of results, it would stand to reason that MAYBE the Folsom coaches are better? If you cannot acknowledge this possibility, then only the players are the difference? It seems that is where these coaches landed.

So they attack the transfers, the open enrollment,etc. But since they do not control Folsom, their attendance, nor their league affiliation, my suggestion would be to start with the premise that they are NOT as good as the Folsom coaches. Focus their energy on self-improvement and by extension, the program improvement. All would be better off.

The public complaints are not a good look for these coaches, nor their programs. Sending the message to their kids that playing Folsom is a safety issue, or that the kids cannot compete is not fair to the kids and the fans. If the coaches really believed it is about more than the trophy, then they should have started this conversation in private with the Folsom coaches and admin. Or better yet, petitioned to drop down to a different league. The SFL is supposed to be the best in section.

Uh NO. That's not what I was saying at all.
Folsom wins:

2013- Rocklin: 70-20... by 50 pts
Woodcreek 56-22 by 35 pts
GB.. 30-14 by 14 pts
Roseville. 56-23 by 33 pts
Oak ridge. 35-0
Jesuit. 56-14 by 42 pts
Lincoln. 50-14 by 34 pts

2014. CC. 55-10 by 45 pts
Clovis N. 40-13 by 47 pts
PG. 56-6. by. 50 pts
Burbank. 61-13 by 48 pts
GB. 63-0
DO. 42-7 by 35 pts
NU. 63-6. by. 63 pts
Rocklin. 56-21. by 35 pts
Oak ridge. 42-7. by 35 pts

2015. GB. 27-14 by 13 pts (not bad)
Do. 31-0
NU. 56-7. by 49 pts
Rocklin. 47-14 by. 33 pts
Oak ridge. 35-21 ( not bad)
Woodcreek. 48-10 by 38 pts

2016. Woodcreek. 42-21 by 22 pts
GB. 42-0
DO. 42-7. by 35 pts
NU. 54-7. by 47 pts
Rocklin. 47-14 by 33 pts
Oak ridge. 17-16 ( got a real game)

2017. Woodcreek. 55-14 by 41 pts
GB. 35-14 by 21 pts
DO. 54-10 by 44 pts
NU. 42-0
Rocklin. 46-3. by 43 pts
Oak ridge. 42-28 ( not bad)

2018 Oakridge. 62-6 by 56 pts
Rocklin. 48-0
Whitney. 63-7 by 56 pts

Folsom has not had a down year in the last 6 seasons. And I don' t see a down year coming ever. They will continue to have the ALL STAR kids move to the area just to play for them. Like I said, they are the public DLS. With looking at their record in the last 6 seasons, I can't see how they get gratification out of this. Give yourself some competition, PLEASE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT